OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Make it possible to create folders in Outlook for Mac 2016 (google preview)

In Outlook for Mac 2016 ver. 16.7.0 when using Google G Suite (google preview) to connect, the function to create folders is not implemented.

This I think is a very essential and basic function that should take priority over other functions in coming releases.

282 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Nicklas Solstrand shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

70 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Claus Winther commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why should I pay for a for an application that does not support a basic feature like 'create folder'?
    the whole idea is that I do not want to use gmail.
    i'm stunned

• Tracy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the feature to be able to create folders. I don't want to use gmail - I pay good money to use Outlook because I prefer it but by not supporting the most basic features of email, you are making me wonder why I am paying for something that is less efficient than a free service.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

could not imagine that this feature was still not available...such basic but important one should be considered and became a default asap. thanks

• Anko Staas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to create folders needs to be added swiftly. It's very annoying that this is currently not available. Had I been aware of this I wouldn't have upgraded. Needed to be fixed now!

• John Rowland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even in retirement, and working with community activities, not being able to organise emails is MOST ANNOYING. I really enjoy the functionality of Outlook, and not being able to use folders seems so counterintuitive. Please do something about this lack ASAP.

• AMANDA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, this is insane! This need to be resolved immediately! I wish I hadn't upgraded! SO STUPID!

Hi there, when will this issue being resolved? It's highly frustrating, for I need to be able to organise my emails in a clear structure to enhance productivity. A lot of people I know are complaining about this.. Any possibility that it can get fixed with the next release?

• jessica davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to create folder needs to be added ASAP. Had I been aware of this I wouldn't have upgraded. Needed to be fixed now!

creating subfolders is a feature I rely on to manage email. I hate gmail but I am being forced to use it again, at least to put in new subfolders.

please fix this.....it is an important feature

The earlier function to create folder needs to be added at the earliest. Had I been aware of this I wouldn't have upgraded. Needed to be fixed now!

The ability to create folder needs to be added ASAP. Had I been aware of this I wouldn't have upgraded. Needed to be fixed now!

I'm now on Outlook 2019 in Office 365 for MAC. Please add this feature so that we don't have to go online to Gmail.

It will give us a streamlined experience using Outlook which has so many other fantastic features.

Many thanks in advance.

Please fix this immediately as we have a no. of Mac users who want this feature at the earliest. This should be a top priority.
    We should be able to add the rules and create folders directly on outlook.
    I am not even sure how could this feature didn't make it to the outlook.
    I see a no. of users have already flagged this a long back and I am not sure when you guys will honor this.

• Sonja Gout commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Het is zeker een tekort dat men geen mappen kan aanmaken in deze versie. Ik zou het zeer op prijs stellen dat deze mogelijkheid op korte termijn geboden wordt.
    Sonja Gout

I'm also considering dropping Outlook and my subscription to Microsoft. Please fix immidiately Thanks

• Annoyed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What a pain! Stop having meetings and changing systems that already worked WELL!! Slowed my work day down horrifically! I get 100 of emails a day

I can no longer add my gmail as an IMAP and can no longer create folders directly in outlook. I have to go to gmail on the web first then create it, then back to sync. What's the point in having Outlook if I have to go to all that trouble and even worse I paying for a subscription to basically make my life harder!

I hate to think how much time I have wasted trying to sort this garbage out - ANNOYED!! FIX IT NOW

← Previous 1 3 4

Outlook for Mac: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base