OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Add / Display Holidays

Really, you don't have holidays yet? Every calendar I use has the option to display holidays. Outlook for Mac is the only one that doesn't have this and this is what I use for business. Microsoft really confounds me and many other business people I know. You don't add some obvious features people use and can't be that hard to add.

2,378 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    John Hand shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

160 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bruce Gibson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do you constantly and purposefully make the Mac version of the Office suite less functional than the PC version? Dozens of examples over the years. The most recent point of frustration is the inability to add holidays to the Outlook calendar, unless I enter them manually. There is no reason not to have this functionality as it is a simple function. If you can create complex programs, surely you can add holidays to a calendar. Just more evidence that Microsoft likes an uneven playing field. Do the right thing and serve all of your customers in the same manner.

• Susan Patterson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously can't believe that the ability to add a holiday calendar to office 365 for mac users doesn't already exist. How hard could it be?

• T. Henderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've moved to the UK, and would like to know when their stat holidays are in my calendar. This should already be a thing.

• Anthony C McHenry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

give macbook users of outlook/office365 the possibility of adding different region holidays, same with outlook for windows.

• Ros commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add national holidays to Outlook for Mac. this feature is something I use and it frustrates me that I cannot add this like other outlook users can.

• LT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the option of adding National Holidays. It seems ridiculous to have to add every single holiday to the calendar yourself.

• Anca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Public holidays in a common calendar. We have a common calendar for a distributed team and I want to add the public holidays of each country my team is working on.

• Alka Sharma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not possible to add vacations from other countries on the calendar for Outlook for Mac.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow mac user to add holidays to their outlook calendars

• Terri P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Day After Thanksgiving Day" appears as a holiday on the calendar -- as does Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day. While it's nice to know when these holidays fall, shouldn't Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kipper be included as United States holidays, too? They are important dates to be aware of when scheduling meetings and appointments through Outlook.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Outlook for Mac: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base