OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Allow requests for Delivery and Read Receipts to be specified as a preference

The ability to request Delivery and Read Receipts was recently added to Outlook for Mac, but you have to remember to set these options for every message you send as they’re off by default. It would be great if it was possible to set theses defaults in the app preferences (as I believe you can do in the Windows version of Outlook), ideally on an account-by-account basis.

291 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mike Alexander shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

63 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Barry Allen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add read receipt option for sending emails from Gmail Accounts in the Outlook for Mac.

• Superman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Request a read receipt or delivery notification on Perpetual or Retail license version of Outlook for Mac.

• adib basbous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you have added the read receipt for exchange accounts. what about the other accounts?
    I suggest you add the mail read receipt to all email accounts... not only the exchange accounts

• Tiff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Again... ADD “REQUEST DELIVERY RECEIPT” & “REQUEST A READ RECEIPT” OPTIONS to Outlook for Mac version 15.37!!!

This feature should be available on ALL versions of Outlook.

• Ahmad Tubba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "Read receipt or delivery notification" feature should be available to all users of Mac like it is for the windows users.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Delivery and read receipts (the later is provided even to the free of charge plain vanilla Windows live mail) are two extremely handy for following up features and also very easy for microsoft to provide for.

Voting buttons are also used by many peers and although not pretty much used on a daily basis as the above receipts they make sense to be added as well.

It is a pity that microsoft outlook is looking so "poor" in Mac.
    This picture should be definitely change since more people are shifting to Mac for heavy duty and long term reliability. Thanks

• Ossama commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

read receipt request as i have not found it on outlook v15.37 when update it

using a perpetual license avail the "Read Receipt or delivery notification" feature e not only with office 365, it is not right not having this feature work paying a full license with Mac

• Fancesco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please include the possibility to request the receipt of a message also using POP and not only Exchange.

To improve the feature of Read Receipts for all users (Exchange user at least)

Request a read receipt or delivery notification in Outlook 2016 for Mac for GMAIL

• Chetan Bhatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to lock the read receipt feature to outlook for mac 2017 instead of manually remember to select it on each email that is supposed to be sent out.

• Vassilis Karaferis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make the option of Request Delivery and Read Receipt an Outlook preference and a per mail option. Is really annoying to have to select it each time I send an email

• Mike Alexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft recently added the ability to request a Delivery and Read receipt when composing a message, but this is only available for Microsoft accounts (e.g. Office 365) so currently not supported for IMAP/POP or Google accounts. However, it is technically possible (and relatively easy) to support this for all types of account by simply adding the appropriate headers to email messages (Return-Receipt-To and Disposition-Notification-To). In fact, adding such custom headers for this purpose was supported in Microsoft Entourage (the precursor to the current Outlook for Mac). The preference would be for Microsoft to use the same UI mechanism for requesting receipts — regardless of account type — but at the very least, reinstating the option to add/edit customer headers would be an alternative.

• Jandri Jacob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When Outlook lauch return receipt for mac outlook 2016?? I have purchase Mac Outlook 2016 then now after update become 15.36. Return Receipt is really important when used in office. It can be used as Evidence data when we conduct meeting with customer. Hopefully, Microsoft can help me to add this facilities into my mac outlook which is installed as client user.

Outlook for Mac: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base