OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Allow requests for Delivery and Read Receipts to be specified as a preference

The ability to request Delivery and Read Receipts was recently added to Outlook for Mac, but you have to remember to set these options for every message you send as they’re off by default. It would be great if it was possible to set theses defaults in the app preferences (as I believe you can do in the Windows version of Outlook), ideally on an account-by-account basis.

291 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mike Alexander shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

63 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! That would be very helpful for work. I am having to manually click it every email I send.

+1, agred with all the comments

Clearly unacceptable that this functionality is not implemented in Outlook 2016 for mac or other versions !

How is it possible for such an application as outlook to don't have the functions of delivery confirmation and read receipt? if you don't paid monthly??? it should be propose by default as on PC version. Mac users want the same quality and equal product.

• Melissa Lefevere commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I received a MacBook Air and had Office 2016 for Mac, only to learn that the functions of delivery confirmation and read receipt was NOT available since I have my gmail linked to my Outlook. SO DISAPPOINTED that you can't be consistent and equal in your product. It worked fine on my PC but now that I have a Mac those functions are gone. Why can't you make it work? Stop the excuses and JUST MAKE IT HAPPEN. Mac users want the same quality and equal product.

• Gaetano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This function must be enabled immediately. It is not possible to have paid an OFFICE version already working on windows machines and find the same version for limited MAC without the most important functions. I am owner of 6 licenses for OFFICE 365 WINDOWS / MAC, if you do not decide to fix the same functionality for MAC also rescinded from the annual subscription contract and I will make a bad publicity. This business strategy you are using is not absolutely correct !!

Receipt and read message confirmation possibility also build in for the mac which is also for windows computers.

• Mylene Domergue Derand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Merci d'étudier le fait de créer les accusés de récéption des messages envoyés, je suis déçu que cela ne se fasse pas sur ma version. Merci

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just bought Office for Mac 2016 and no I am unable to use Outlook as I have no ability to request read receipts which I do for all correspondence.... Or did!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE fix this as I am currently using the Mail app as it does allow for read receipts (albeit with some extra work)

Please implement read receipts for IMAP and POP in Office 365 Hime/personal. This worked flawlessly in Outlook 2007 with POP and IMAP. Please implement the feature to reject read receipts at my choosing, and also the feature to request read receipts. This is a very important feature that is left out in Home and Personal versions.

Please,
    activated the flag active receipt/delivery notificatie for the Account (default for all email send).
    Thx

Please,
    activated the flag active receipt/delivery notificatie for the Account (default for all email send).
    Thx

I suggest you develop a read receipt for Outlook for Mac emails. I used it in earlier Outlook for Mac versions, please bring it back!

• Barry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the option to stop senders from requesting Read receipt and delivery notification

• Sjaak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

read receipt and delivery notificatie in outlook 2016 for mac for office 365 Home subscriptions

• Margie Zelenske commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had case number 1408607553, and my issue was with the my outlook 2016 version 15.41 was not allowing me to view the read receipt option; I have yahoo, and the exchange option is not available for my type of account; IMAP is all I can have. With my Microsoft computer I had these option, and I had the same Outlook 2016; Mac is very expensive, but very Limited when it comes to Microsoft.

I recently transitioned from a PC to a MacBook Pro. The PC had Office 2003 apps, including Outlook. Wanting to stay with Office apps I purchased Office 365 at the Apple store. I have since come to learn that DELIVERY and READ RECEIPT requests are limited to CERTAIN TYPES of Office 365 accounts. I didn't even know there was such a thing as Office 365 Business Premium or Exchange. Your support people explained that I don't have an account that includes this feature. WHY? It really angers me that I bought this product and that it would have all the functionality that I previously had in Outlook 2003 (which is much friendlier). It makes no sense to me that only certain types of accounts can have certain types of features. This issue is just one of several frustrating discoveries with Outlook for Mac. And I seem to discover more issues every week. Shame on me for not doing more web research on problems with Office 365 but shame on Microsoft for creating classes of customers. I am NOT a happy customer and I hope Microsoft rectifies this situation.

• noo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please look at this issue seriously
    Read and delivery receipt in IMAP accounts is required!!!!

Outlook for Mac: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base