OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Allow requests for Delivery and Read Receipts to be specified as a preference

The ability to request Delivery and Read Receipts was recently added to Outlook for Mac, but you have to remember to set these options for every message you send as they’re off by default. It would be great if it was possible to set theses defaults in the app preferences (as I believe you can do in the Windows version of Outlook), ideally on an account-by-account basis.

281 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mike Alexander shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

63 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • TJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Enable V 16.16.9 to request delivery and read receipts, recall messages, etc

• Tony Stark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow the customization of the text for Delivery and Read Receipts. Thank you!

• Joseph G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The feature implemented by request https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac/suggestions/14738247-add-read-receipt-feature-to-outlook-for-mac-2016 is a lie—it wasn't implemented for non-Exchange emails, nor was it implemented for home users. Read receipts worked for non-Exchange emails in the Windows Outlook just fine (given that the people I email use Outlook, which they do). Honestly, Outlook for Mac, and the other Office programs on Mac are a rip-off.

• Paul Loseby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please, we need to have delivery & read receipts. It is annoying when the Windows version has it already.

Many thanks

Paul Loseby

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have read/receipt functionality with gmail, yahoo, etc....users.

Having an option to sent read receipt as default for every email in Mac outlook client is required for communication emails. These feature should be added

• Samer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

pls remove the read receipts and make default is without it !

• Sanjeev Singhal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Microsoft Outlook for Mac on Macbook Pro. Outlook version 16.19 under Office 365 subscription licence. I do not see the Read and Delivery receipt feature under options tab. This feature should be added immediately.

• William De Gabrielle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to see the 'Request Receipts' be made so you can chose to automatically turn on when sending emails. Currently it sits in option

• V commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this a feature. It's so useful and so rage-inducing to have to enable manually each time.

• Edward Leffler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook for Windows allows an outgoing rule to request receipts if the recipient has "something" in their address.

Mac version does not have this option in the outgoing rules editor.

Please add it.

Microsoft, this feature is easily added if you wanted to do so, with so many users requesting this feature, it is perplexing as to why you would not do so more impetuously.

I do not have this feature available on my version of Outlook for Mac (V16.16.2)

• Behram Renklicay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When opening a mail with an IMAP client or Outlook for MAC (EWS), that has a read receipt request, the read request gets send right away. We testet this with Windows Outlook. There it asks for permission, before sending a read receipt.
    Please add this feature to IMAP and Outlook for MAC.

• TZ Lin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A preference option that enables/disables "never send read receipts".

Please add read receipts to Microsoft Outlook for Mac version 16.16. even for pop accounts, thank you very much....It's such a basic but essential feature!

Please add read receipts to Microsoft Outlook for Mac, version 16.16. It's such a basic but essential feature!

• hgagne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Delivery/Read receipts are still not possible on the latest update of Outlook 2016 for Mac (not O365) when configured with IMAP accounts.

This was possible in Outlook 2011 for Mac.

I'll never understand the obsession with software vendors removing useful features from newer versions of their products because some mass usability test group didn't use the feature.

Please add read receipts to Office 365 Home Outlook for Mac. It's such a basic but essential feature!

← Previous 1 3 4

Outlook for Mac: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base