OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Allow smart folders in Favorites

The new Favorites category in the sidebar is nice, but should also allow Smart Folders to be added as Favorites. I want a few of my smart folders at the top of my sidebar. As do others...there are at least two other feature requests on this page asking to allow the Smart Folders section to be re-ordered higher in the sidebar so they are more easily accessible. Consider adding all those votes up to count for this request, because this request can help solve that problem too.

1,233 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Datico shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

93 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree - Smart Folders are buried and inflexible - severely limiting their usefulness. Need to be able to move and add to favorites.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many items are missing on Outlook for MAC vs Outlook for Windows Perhaps this is a not so subtle way for Microsoft to influence ADM's to choose their WIndows OS? Regardless I have to use BOTH MAC & WINDOWS for Work (MAC in OFfice and Windows and/or Android) when travel. The USER interface on MAC is simply not tenable. Besides the very frustrating Smart Folder issue mentioned here there is also the issue of Assigning categores and follow up to NEW email. These features are well hidden in the edit tab and can be implemented. But If I want to mark an outgoing message for follow-up, IT DOESN't indicate that it has been marked. --Perhaps I will only use the Chrome -online version.. Ok rant completed. Thanx for listening.

• Rupert Watson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot believe this is not in outlook, why make smart folders useless by hiding them down the bottom of the list?

• Ali commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just installed a tried version of Outlook and the fact that a smart folder cannot be added to favorites is going to be a dealbreaker for me. The fact that the folders in the left pane cannot be reordered is bad enough, but putting the Smart Folders all the way at the bottom with no way to add them to favorites? Terrible!!

Please add this feature. I switched to Mac 2 years ago and I love everything about it except Outlook. Outlook on the PC is so much better. Why can't Microsoft get Mac Outlook up to speed!

Please add smart folders to the favorite bar on the Mac it is really essential!

• johnnylouys@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

man its irritating that some of the key features are not available on the Mac version of offices, across ALL OF THE APPS THAT WE MAC USER ARE PAYING FOR THE SAME F$%^&* PRICE AS WINDOWS USER

• Vi A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will be great to get this feature as Christmas present for 2018!

• MWG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding to this already massive heap...Why is a simple filter like "Unread Messages" with a count of messages not already part of the Mac version!? Overlooking such a seemingly simple (and essential) feature is mind-boggling!?

• steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would love to know the geek answer (logical) for why this isn't already a feature in the OS X Version.

• Justin Kwasnik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 vote

Just another reason on why to stop using microsoft products with OSX.

Something I can easily do with OSX mail, just gets ignored in the outlook for mac community.....

Hurry up with this Microsoft, surely you can mimic the smart folder feature from Mac to Outlook, it's essential. They need to be an easily findable place, not linked to individual email addresses and buried.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Outlook for Mac: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base