Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminMac Outlook Team (Admin, Outlook.com) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

285 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot believe I am not able to sync my contacts between my mac outlook app and my icloud contacts is a major limitation of outlook.

• Arlene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used Outlook in the corporate world at Boston Scientific for years and loved it. Productivity was key. We lived in our InBox. Apple Mail/Contacts/Calendar don't offer the productivity that Outlook does. No Tasks. No integration between those 4 important functions. Having it all in one App is SOOOOO productive. I don't think Apple Mail/Calendar/Contacts users know what they are missing. Seems to me there is ample opportunity to provide value. I remember we had instructor lead training by Covey on getting productivity with Outlook. What exactly stands in the way of making Outlook for Mac more functional for Mac users/people who must be more productive. ???

• Henry Smith-Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

not having my contacts available when offline and away from the cloud is a real problem - please develop a sync for both sources

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not being able to sync my contacts between my mac outlook app and my icloud contacts is a major limitation of outlook.

• Thair Butma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have been waiting for this feature for long , i was looking forward for the MS office 2019 hoping that this feature will be included , but unfortunately it wasn't ! i don't know if MS is listening to client's at all.
        i have uninstalled MS outlook for iOS for the same reason and it seems that outlook for macOS is going to be uninstalled too .

ich würde es begrüssen, wenn man die Kontakte auch mit Outlook für windows automatisch übernehmen könnte

• Clear Litserv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nothing new. Nothing happened over 3 (!) years.

More than 4.500 user votes on Apple Contacts here...

Plus more than 8.000 user votes for Support for Apple iCloud calendar (https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac/suggestions/18941905-support-for-apple-icloud-calendar?page=1&per_page=20).

Plus 1.200 user votes on CardDAV (https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac/suggestions/32252851-i-suggest-you-add-caldav-support-to-outlook-for-ma)

Plus almost 200 user votes for Sync contacts/calendar/notes with Outlook for Mac (https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac/suggestions/33199192-sync-contacts-calendar-and-notes-for-mac-with-out)

We're talking about 14.000 user votes addressing almost the same issue! Cal-/CardDAV...

• Craig Lowenthal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please, please - Outlook is my go to application for mail, calendar and contact. I just migrated from Windows to the Mac and I can't sync my contacts with Outlook 2019 for the Mac - ugh!!! I can't believe this!!! More and more people are moving to the Mac and this is going to force people to leave the Outlook family. Outlook is effectively just an e-mail program on the Mac platform without this added capability.

• marco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ALL THESE COMMENTS are useless. Microsoft has NO INTENTION of having their "productivity software" be productive, if it requires peoples' Apple/MAC computers contacts sycning with Outlook/Office 365 contacts. SHAME ON THEM.

A DOUBLE-ENTRY CONTACT SYSTEM IN 2018. Yeah...THAT'S REALLY PRODUCTIVE, Microsoft. This is where OWNERS and CEO's differ. Steve Jobs + Bill Gates would not hypocritically GONE BACKWARDS, portraying to the world "productivity software" that makes you work twice as hard, when life is moving ten times faster. #HYPOCRITES

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I purchased Office 365 and was excited to use Outlook for my Mac. I use corporate version Office at work and really liked it. I was disappointed that Mac Outlook doesn't have access to my local Contacts book or iCloud contacts. I had to export my contacts and upload to Outlook account manually. As a result I cancelled my Office 365. If mail applications like Spark can do it, Microsoft should be able to!

• J.S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Weshalb kaufe ich das Office 365 Paket wenn ich nicht mit Apple iMAC ordentlich synchronisieren kann. Es geht um Kalender und Kontakte.
        Ich werde gezwungen eine Synchronisation mit Apple Kalender und Kontakte durchzuführen. (Synchronisation mit iPhone) Weshalb soll ich dann das Produkt OFFICE 365 nochmals kaufen wenn ich nur eine abgespeckte Version erhalte und viele Funktionen nicht möglich sind.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Please Please synch iCloud calendar in outlook for mac!!!

• Markus Kalina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using macOS and Windows 10. (Not only) I want to have all accounts with all contacts / calenders on both machines.

Now, Outlook for Mac is only a mail client, but it could be so much more.

After all the trouble Word for Mac and Excel for Mac make, I tried to at least use Outlook, as I still have the Office subscription. But, I can't access my iCloud contacts from Outlook, which is highly annoying! In a world, where IT is supposed to make things easier, the constant struggle between Apple and Microsoft makes me angry. No wonder people are turning away from both platforms.

the reason I am cancelling my 365 subscription is because you do not support Mac and iOS Contacts and Calendars.

You might have a good email client - but what is the point if it doesn't function.

• Mac&iPhoneuser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Microsoft.

This message is about the impossibility to synchronise contacts and calendar between my iPhone iOs calendar app and MS Outlook 365 for Mac.

Since mobility is more and more important, and since smart phones have occupied an space before occupied by laptops, it's really a need the data managed MS Outlook 365 for Mac (like calendar and contacts) could be authomatically synchronized in iPhone apps.

I've seen that this is not a anecdotic one-off need, instead, it is highly shared by a lot of users.

To have the need to choose between Microsoft or others apps due to this fact is a matter that a lot of users are sharing,

Hoping our suggestions won't be useless.

Yours faithfully

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

Outlook for Mac: People

Feedback and Knowledge Base