Support for Apple iCloud calendar

8,762 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
AdminMac Outlook Team (Product Manager, Outlook.com) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

532 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Guenther, Larsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We activated new policies in our company, since then (or by any other mistake, the subscription is not updated anymore).

This is a poor workaround. Outlook iOS already is able to work with iCloud calendars, please make the last step as well!

• TreverW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems that subscribing to the iCloud calendar as instructed only lets you see a read-only version of the calendar. This isn't really an acceptable solution.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What the actual flip! Windows Outlook user for about 20 years and trying to move wholesale to Mac so I don't have to run a VM just for email. This is a glaring omission not to pull the host calendars. It doesn't make me want to move back to MS, just shows me how inept they can be at times.. MS keep showing signs of actually being able to do things right and then you see something like this or trying to sign in to MS developer accounts and being sent around in circles and all I can see in my mind is Steve Ballmer dancing like a demented goon. Please MS, sort it out, you're almost there, just nudge it over the line and I might start to respect your company for a change.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft wants us to use Windows instead, therefore they deliberatly avoid implementing some critical features, especially for business users. This is one of them. It will never happen.

• Roth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this such a problem? PLEASE solve it and implement iCloud etc. 21st century... Thanks

• RD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

-> 8.550 user votes here
    plus...
    -> 4.850 user votes here: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac/suggestions/18941932-support-for-apple-icloud-contacts?page=12&per_page=20
    plus...
    -> 1.320 user votes here: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac/suggestions/32252851-i-suggest-you-add-caldav-support-to-outlook-for-ma
    plus...
    -> 260 user votes here: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac/suggestions/33199192-sync-contacts-calendar-and-notes-for-mac-with-out

About 15.000 user votes for Card-/CalDAV !

Kirk Koenigsbauer, Corporate Vice President for Microsoft 365, wrote on July 22, 2015:
    "... We’ve also heard the requests for Gmail and iCloud calendar and contacts sync. We’ll be adding these and other feature requests through monthly updates. ..."
    See: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2015/07/22/your-top-10-questions-about-office-2016-for-mac-answered/
    (Point 8 of "Your top 10 questions about Office 2016 for Mac answered")

Nothing happened for almost 4 years.
    Is there anybody taking care of user requests or Vice President directions?

Does any user here believe that something will happen?

• Melkon Marashlian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please solve both the synchronization of both contacts and the calendar in both systems. I really require this to be done quickly. Thanks, Melkon

• rusia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

for the love of God, pls, PLEASE(!), add icloud support for OL mac like there is for OL for iPhone. makes this app completely useless, IMHO.

• Peter Brendel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, It is disappointing that Outlook-Staff seems not to be allowed to plan a way to import CalDAV or CardDAV content. Now that it is on the Mac App Store, you have leverage to develop this possibility. I prefer Outlook to Apple Mail. This is the reason it would make sense to also enable Calendar and Contacts Sync. BusyCal for example can and is "allowed" to sync Apple Calendar. Please negotiate with Apple to enable Calendar Sync.
    Regards Peter

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ich würde mir dringend für die Implementierung des iCloud-Kalenders in Outlook für Mac wünschen.

• SK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wann wird Microsoft endlich die offenen Standards CalDAV und CardDAV in Outlook für den Mac anbieten.? Es ist längst überfällig und würde die Attraktivität von MS Office (für Mac) noch deutlich steigern...

I also think "Need to be able to link my calendar and contacts to outlook. Otherwise this is a very disappointing program for my iMac and iPhone"

• Fabian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Compatibility with most calendar programs, at least multiple Outlook platforms.

Need to be able to link my calendar and contacts to outlook. Otherwise this is a very disappointing program for my iMac and iPhone

Outlook is a must for my organisation and lack of syncing mechanism for iPhone Calendar is poorly decided and get off your high horse that Apple's applications are better than Microsoft applications. Syncing calendar is essential for time-management, customer relations and improve efficiency. Following Nike's slogan... Just Do It.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27

Outlook for Mac: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base