OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Reposition Smart Folder Section on the sidebar

The Smart Folders are a great idea and can be very efficient. However in its current position they are quickly pushed out of sight when you have plenty of mail folders. If this happens the usage of smart folders will simply decrease and somehow forgotten. My suggestion is that the whole Smart Folder section can be moved wherever one prefers to position it. In my case I would love to have Smart Folders on top of the sidebar as these would be my preferred folders to watch.

321 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Marcus Lohmann shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ding He commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 please extend the functionality for manually adjusting the smart folder position

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From a user perspective this is a fundamental requirement. Most odd it still has not been addressed.

• Annette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the French version, the smart folders appear on top, for alphabetical reasons. I'd be very happy to be able to move them under the normal mail folders or to let the section totally disappear when all of them are deleted.

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like control over the order of folders and whether Smart Folders appear at all. I am surprised that this issue was raised so long ago and nothing has been done to fix it.

• David B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd just like the option to completely remove Smart Folders and All Accounts option (or be able to move both to bottom of left nav)

Would be better if you could mark Smart Folders as Favorites or position them anywhere in the folder list, then you can have them wherever you want.

I prefer to have the smart folder at the bottom. Also, make the new email notification like before where there was a prominent number next t the inbox. I have three different email account folders, when I get a desktop notification of a new email, when I go to Outlook, I have to open up or hover over each email inbox to find which one has the new email. Seems like a needless waste of time to find he new email

← Previous 1

Outlook for Mac: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base