OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Customize the ribbon

The ribbon can be customised in Word, but not in Outlook. For instance, the placement of addin could be chosen (e.g. webex, which is working fine, by the way), or the very bad placement of the "send and receive" is dramatic

1,948 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

177 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Bob Terry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please let the ribbon bar be editable to a degree, i.e., add or remove certain elements, for example, a PRINT icon, the ability to move the DELETE icon to the end of the row, etc. This would be very helpful.

• Rod commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes the Outlook ribbon needs to be customizable. asap please !

• Rex Winn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd really like the ability to place menu commands in the ribbon bar. Such as 'Edit Rules' and 'Apply All Rules'. Their was a comment possibly in this thread but perhaps another. The send-receive is truly in a stupid place. It should be somewhere farther left like right after the "Forward" button and before the "Meeting" and "Attachment" buttons.

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Placing “Send” and “Paste” right next to each other in the Menu Bar — and then making it impossible to change the positions on the Menu Bar — is a serious and obvious design error. It guarantees that unfinished emails will be sent by accident when one actually only wanted to paste into an email.

• Jordan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on when this is getting built? As others are saying this is crazy its not a standard feature.

• CustomRibbon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Customize the ribbon is a must have - what used to take me 1 click now takes me 3... come on MSFT!

• Joshua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I didn't know I wanted this feature until Microsoft added a bright red "Store" icon to my Outlook for Mac ribbon. How on Earth do I get rid of it?

Then I realized it wasn't the icon that needed to be removed, it was the complete lack of customization that was missing.

Lack of customization was NEVER in the product details / literature. I understand MSFT trying to move the user base to a subscription model, but you have to be clear with customers up front with what they're getting for their (hard-earned) money.

• Joe Chapman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Customizable Ribbon (without needing an Office 365 subscription).
    Word, Excel, or PowerPoint are able to customize the ribbon if you have an Office 365 subscription. Please add ribbon customization to Outlook and DO NOT TIE IT TO OFFICE 365 SUBSCRIPTION. This is a ridiculous point that I am taking up with those teams as well. I'm sure that my employer pays a substantial amount for Office Mac licensing and, like other enterprise customers, their uses would like access to this feature.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to customize the ribbon (as we were able to do in the last version of Outlook for Mac); things such as move to the next or previous message; or change the commands available in the upper left corner of the ribbon

1 2 5 6 7 9 Next →

Outlook for Mac: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base