OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Customize the ribbon

The ribbon can be customised in Word, but not in Outlook. For instance, the placement of addin could be chosen (e.g. webex, which is working fine, by the way), or the very bad placement of the "send and receive" is dramatic

1,792 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

166 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ryan O'Neill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if we can customize the top ribbon of Outlook on the Mac similar to how we can do so on a PC and desktop. Right now I am not seeing this option and I love this feature on the PC version. For example, where to place inbox, reply, reply all, deleted items, etc. So much easier and more efficient when able to go to the ribbon at top quickly on PC Outlook 2016 version. Thank you so much for your kind consideration.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just want to get rid of that windows store icon. I don't use it, and I don't intend to start.

Also, ever notice how almost every one of these includes the phrase "like you can on the Windows version?"

Please allow the user to add shortcuts to the ribbon above the main menu items... all these basics you have missed in Outlook for Mac - why?

• Brent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make it possible to add or remove buttons on the ribbon in Outlook 2016 for Mac.

• Orion B WIthrow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Desperately need this feature! I am forced to use Outlook as my email client for work and this feature is a must for usability.

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I mean, the ribbon can be customized in every other Office for Mac app. It can be customized in Outlook for Windows. Outlook for Mac is the only one where you can't do this.

If you want outlook to be involved in daily workflow, customization of the ribbon in necessary.

• Bob Terry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please let the ribbon bar be editable to a degree, i.e., add or remove certain elements, for example, a PRINT icon, the ability to move the DELETE icon to the end of the row, etc. This would be very helpful.

• Rod commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes the Outlook ribbon needs to be customizable. asap please !

• Rex Winn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd really like the ability to place menu commands in the ribbon bar. Such as 'Edit Rules' and 'Apply All Rules'. Their was a comment possibly in this thread but perhaps another. The send-receive is truly in a stupid place. It should be somewhere farther left like right after the "Forward" button and before the "Meeting" and "Attachment" buttons.

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Placing “Send” and “Paste” right next to each other in the Menu Bar — and then making it impossible to change the positions on the Menu Bar — is a serious and obvious design error. It guarantees that unfinished emails will be sent by accident when one actually only wanted to paste into an email.

• Jordan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on when this is getting built? As others are saying this is crazy its not a standard feature.

• CustomRibbon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Customize the ribbon is a must have - what used to take me 1 click now takes me 3... come on MSFT!

Outlook for Mac: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base