OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Customize the ribbon

The ribbon can be customised in Word, but not in Outlook. For instance, the placement of addin could be chosen (e.g. webex, which is working fine, by the way), or the very bad placement of the "send and receive" is dramatic

1,733 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

160 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please add the functionality to customize the ribbon like we could in Outlook 2011 for Mac

• Andrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ribbon is really a very basic feature for increasing the user experience and performance of Outlook.
    Some commands are very badly placed and sometimes only reachable via a short key or the menu itself which is wasting a lot of time

• Andrea Plon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please add the functionality to customize the ribbon like we could in Outlook 2011 for Mac

• Kerry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Suggestion: could I rearrange the items in my Message Ribbon? For example, I use “insert link” and “insert signature” often, but never table or attach file. I’d love for these to appear closer to the left where I can see/find them faster.

• tugoodtubetru commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Given the fact that the dev team decided to convert outlook from a business tool to a kiddy app (which will be disastrous, because kids will never use outlook), we need (!!) the chance to change the ribbon to make outlook a professional tool again.

E.g. the latest change where I need two clicks instead of one to reply. (click respond, then select which way to reply).

Such a nonsense !!!!!

You already ripped the iOS outlook app. Pretty unusable since we need 4 clicks to come to "reply to sender only."

I get about 400 mails a day. I cannot work on crafting my way to a reply screen.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to add a bit more to this Feature Request:

Please enable ribbon/toolbar customization:
    1. Add/Remove buttons;
    2. Option to Use Small Icon;
    3: Option to view icon only;
    4: Add hover text option to describe the button and also show any assigned keyboard shortcuts.

The ribbon takes up too much space, but I don’t want to hide it entirely. it would be more useful to me if there was a “compact” option. I don’t need to see the button text if I already know what the button does, and having the text (and shortcut key) appear when I hover over a button is more than good enough for me.

It seems odd to me that we cannot customize the ribbon in Outlook 2016 Mac. There are far too may buttons up there, and we should be able to revise for our own needs.

• Alex Harrod commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Store and reply with Poll placement is driving me crazy when combined with doublepane. Now requires 2 clicks to move an email to a folder, which effectively doubles the process to remove many of the hundreds of CC emails I receive daily.

This is really a very basic feature for increasing the user experience and performance of each office product.
    Some commands are very badly placed and sometimes only reachable via a short key or the menu itself which is wasting a lot of time

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would very much like to see the Spelling and Grammar check moved to the message tab when writing an email. Having to click on the Options tab is a wasted step.

• Afroz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not understand why this so simple feature is not there in mac outlook

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
    Why in the world was this not part of the product to start. Productivity and continuity is in all plans for success. It is in all windows version so why not this!!!
    Kenneth Downs

• Mark W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

'Delete' is next to 'Archive' and I accidentally click 'delete' sometimes. It would be nice to be able to at least move them (if not remove or add buttons in general).

• Josh Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If users could customize the 'ribbon', this application would be so much improved - cleaner, more personal, less hectic... simply better.

Classic example of 1 step forward followed by 2 steps back. Please customize the ribbon. It should be standard.

Outlook for Mac: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base