OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Customize the ribbon

The ribbon can be customised in Word, but not in Outlook. For instance, the placement of addin could be chosen (e.g. webex, which is working fine, by the way), or the very bad placement of the "send and receive" is dramatic

2,055 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

188 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mark Scriffiny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please address, this will also fix the issue where ribbon buttons are hidden in full screen mode on the new message window.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd quite like to customise the order that the buttons disappear as the screen gets smaller - hiding Read/Unread but leaving the rules button makes no sense for a lot of users.

• Carl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What I don't understand is why the user interface, including the customization, is different between the Mac version and the Windows version. Many people, like me, learn the Office package from the corporate world, which is overwhelmingly Windows based. This means that I need to learn a new UI with lesser functionality when I go home to my Mac. The cynic in me says that this is a way to try to force me to buy Windows computers or to use Parallels on my Mac, which would cost me the money for the Windows OS. Haven't you guys gotten over this battle yet?

• Bryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ribbon customization is available on windows version it ought to be available on Mac Version. are you punishing mac users for not using windows...Standardize both versions. What is available on the Windows version ought to be available on the Mad Version. Wish now I had not bought it and unless the versions are standardized will not renew 360 subscription.

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the option to customize the ribbon in Outlook 2016 for Mac. Specifically I would like Pint options available in the ribbon.

So frustrating when something so helpful is taken away with a new version. Please add the feature of being able to customize the ribbon back to outlook! Thank you.

Full options to change and manage views in contacts via a clear tab.
    Add the customise ribbon feature on outlook so consumers still get the product they have paid for not an "edited version" The product should allow users the same features regardless of the device it is used on.

• Marilyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a recent Mac client and am amazed that I cannot rearrange the buttons on the Microsoft Office email ribbon like I could on my PC. The default placement of buttons makes no logical sense and is forcing me to lose time by going further away from the ones I use the most. For heavens sakes, Outlook, why don't you offer us the same options in Mac that we have in PCs?

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please simplify the "Ribbon" with most common options. Or at least let us customise it because it has so many useless options that most people don't use.

Office 2016 improved many things compared to the 2011 version. However, outlook's interface didn't. In order to favor basic users, Microsoft dropped the ability to customize ribbon and toolbars, and hid the search tab.

• Wil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What year is this? Please give us this ability. I work for you!

• Melissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To be able to customize the ribbon, including but not limited to permanently delete trash button like the PC version.

• Torsten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the possibility to add items to the ribbon (e.g. rules execution) and definition of shortcuts (Like the Windows version does).

• Kent Barnett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to customized Outlook would help. The ability to place an addin where the user can best utilize the tool. The ability to have different sizes would work.

Looking for a way to customize the ribbon/toolbar. I would like to add emoji symbols to the toolbar without having to use the drop down menu to access them.

• Anne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really want to have option to 'customize ribbon' and no idea why available for windows and not Mac (I use both depending on laptop or desktop) and find differences very frustrating. It is in Word for Mac so why not Outlook?

Yes! It's vital to be able to customize the buttons in the ribbon at the top of both the inbox and messages when composing. I spend so much more time searching for buttons when all the ones I use frequently could be moved to the left and be easily accessible.

Outlook for Mac: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base