OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Customize the ribbon

The ribbon can be customised in Word, but not in Outlook. For instance, the placement of addin could be chosen (e.g. webex, which is working fine, by the way), or the very bad placement of the "send and receive" is dramatic

1,733 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

160 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please simplify the "Ribbon" with most common options. Or at least let us customise it because it has so many useless options that most people don't use.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Office 2016 improved many things compared to the 2011 version. However, outlook's interface didn't. In order to favor basic users, Microsoft dropped the ability to customize ribbon and toolbars, and hid the search tab.

• Wil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What year is this? Please give us this ability. I work for you!

• Melissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To be able to customize the ribbon, including but not limited to permanently delete trash button like the PC version.

• Torsten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the possibility to add items to the ribbon (e.g. rules execution) and definition of shortcuts (Like the Windows version does).

• Kent Barnett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to customized Outlook would help. The ability to place an addin where the user can best utilize the tool. The ability to have different sizes would work.

Looking for a way to customize the ribbon/toolbar. I would like to add emoji symbols to the toolbar without having to use the drop down menu to access them.

• Anne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really want to have option to 'customize ribbon' and no idea why available for windows and not Mac (I use both depending on laptop or desktop) and find differences very frustrating. It is in Word for Mac so why not Outlook?

Yes! It's vital to be able to customize the buttons in the ribbon at the top of both the inbox and messages when composing. I spend so much more time searching for buttons when all the ones I use frequently could be moved to the left and be easily accessible.

Yes! It's vital to be able to customize the buttons in the ribbon at the top of both the inbox and messages when composing. I spend so much more time searching for buttons when all the ones I used could be moved to the left and be easily accessible.

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the same request as above: Re-enable the ability to change the ribbon and menu bar. It was available in previous updates so I'm not sure why you would disable it?

• Abrahamian, Armen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You keep adding buttons to the ribbon in the Compose window, and pushing buttons that we actually need/use daily (like the Signature button) off the screen.

What is happening here? How do we not have customizable toolbars in an application used by this many people (and power users) in 2018?

PLEASE add this feature. Since the upgrade to 16.9, what I use is now not in view.

Outlook for Mac: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base