OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Customize the ribbon

The ribbon can be customised in Word, but not in Outlook. For instance, the placement of addin could be chosen (e.g. webex, which is working fine, by the way), or the very bad placement of the "send and receive" is dramatic

1,792 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

166 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Joe Peterson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IT IS NOW 100% NECESSARY TO CUSTOMIZE THE RIBBON!!!! YOU HAVE MADE IT TWICE AS MUCH WORK TO MOVE AN EMAIL INTO A FOLDER NOW!!!!!

I HATE how congested the ribbon is now. I should be able to make my own just like in Excel!!!!!!

• Vince Condello commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also responsible for the graphic design and promotional email design for my company. I need to be able to add commands and customize the Ribbon to what I need and be able to insert HTML into an email. I find the current version of Office 365 to be very lacking in usability for me.

• Ahmad Kakar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can this be added to the OSX application? Microsoft should have the same functionality across each OS.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES. Why in the world would this have been removed? MAC is here to stay, and is fast becoming VERY common in corporate environments. It is well past time to have TRUE feature parity between the Windows and OSX versions of Microsoft Office applications. Wake up Microsoft!

• Zopo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make the Ribbon fully customisable. At least the size of the buttons, but also be able to move the buttons around, add or remove buttons.

• Fran Guerra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The design of the interface of Outlook for Mac in Office 365 is clumsy, to say the least. Ignores the logic of grouping elements with similar purposes and basic ergonomics.
    In addition, does not allow users to personalize Outlook for efficiency. It appears the designers were thinking against users.
    Please take notice of what users need; the design of a user interface is not a game to satisfy designers' ego.

• pf surfer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pourquoi sur les autres produits Office et pas sur Outlook? C'est très gênant et diminue considérablement l'ergonomie

I was recently FORCED to use Outlook on my Mac because of a new Security requirement. I HATE the interface and the inability to customize the toolbar is probably the biggest issue on my LONG list of interface problems! Not only is it ridiculous to have to click twice just to reply to an email, I can't understand how search doesn't even work with SEVERAL clicks. Being forced to use Outlook on the Mac in it's current state may have me looking for another JOB!! That's how bad it is.

• DJ Sipe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Ribbon in Outlook has tons of buttons that I never use and make it harder to access the ones I do use. I would really like to see if the UI could be further simplified and or (at worst) provide some ability for users to customize the ribbon to include only what they need.

I'd love the function to customize buttons on the ribbon in the new mail window.

• Oscar A. Acevedo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to be able to move buttons and customize the toolbar / ribbon. Be serious on the products you make for MAC OS X

• Gary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make the ribbon editable, having the archive button next to delete is a real bummer...

Allow the removal/customization of the ribbon. New additions (default) cause existing icons to be consolifdated when window size reduced

I can't even search for emails without it taking me 5 clicks .....

This makes Outlook incredibly ineffective - we may as well use GMAIL.

they want cusotmers to leverage the store but can't on Mac, store app icons just go out further and further and further to the right. To the point where you can't even re-size to see it.

• Mark Scriffiny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please address, this will also fix the issue where ribbon buttons are hidden in full screen mode on the new message window.

I'd quite like to customise the order that the buttons disappear as the screen gets smaller - hiding Read/Unread but leaving the rules button makes no sense for a lot of users.

Outlook for Mac: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base