OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Customize the ribbon

The ribbon can be customised in Word, but not in Outlook. For instance, the placement of addin could be chosen (e.g. webex, which is working fine, by the way), or the very bad placement of the "send and receive" is dramatic

2,055 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

189 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Eliot Quon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Echoing a previous commenter: Read/Unread is the ONLY button on the ribbon bar I use and it's the first to disappear when the window shrinks or a addins are added. This is frustrating! Allow me to customize the bar so i can choose what goes away. How is this feature _still not implemented_, especially when it's in other Office software.

• Dominic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. This is awful! I'm not going back to windoze, get used to it. This must be something deliberate. Not impressed. Maybe I should look at Google alternatives.

• Anders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To save time it would be nice to have the option for "Edit Messages" on the ribbon.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this look like a deliberate non-inclusion of an obvious feature. Similar omissions exists on the mac product such as import/export of calendar events using csv files. Microsoft is still happy to take mac user's money but play dirty trick to hopefully get you (back) onto the windows platform.

Being able to move ribbon buttons or add/remove them in Outlook for Mac would be nice. Some of the buttons are in strange places and it's getting awfully cluttered!

Really? Three years? You have this ability already in excel and word. Why are Mac OS users being punished? How many more votes will it take before someone thinks to check this board again???????

Additionally, it changes from one Mac to the other. For instance on my iMac I can have direct access to the "displace to Folder" button while I need to press two successive buttons on my Macbook for the same function. This look like new rules. Please think of it in next Update release...

• Chris Balfe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Particularly with the addition of Insights, Customer Manager, and Send to OneNote which are taking up space, Outlook needs to be too wide on my screen to see buttons I DO need like Forward.

• Aaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having certain objects (ex. fill and sign, send for sig...) take up space, where I would rather have more useful objects (for me), is frustrating.

• Thomas Zavaleta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Read/Unread is the only button on the ribbon bar I use and it's the first to disappear when the window shrinks or a addins are added. This is frustrating! Allow me to customize the bar so i can choose what goes away.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is idiotic. A simple request that users need. It's 2019, I would think that even Microsoft can figure this out by now.

Very important for me too, I would need to easily set the proofing languages when I switch from one language to another.

In order to use Outlook for Mac instead of Apple Mail, I need to be able to customize the size and placement of the icons in the UI. We should be able to have control over this.

• A Soifer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too would very much appreciate the ribbon being customizable.

I desire to customize where I auto move a message to a specific folder. Please consider this feature request by your user community.

Thanks

• Will commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Enable me to customize the Quick Access Toolbar like other Office application. Add or delete icons to one-click any function available in any menu or on the ribbon. You may think the Ribbon mess enables users to do what we need to do. You would be wrong.

• Joel Shafer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you add a few add-ins to the ribbon, then the ribbon begins to automatically remove a few of the needed buttons such as "read/unread". I'd like to be able to remove buttons that I don't need, and keep the ones that I use a lot myself.

• Superman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow Message Ribbon to be resized to get all options shown without scrolling right and left.

Outlook for Mac: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base