OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Customize the ribbon

The ribbon can be customised in Word, but not in Outlook. For instance, the placement of addin could be chosen (e.g. webex, which is working fine, by the way), or the very bad placement of the "send and receive" is dramatic

1,746 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

161 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Chris Balfe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Particularly with the addition of Insights, Customer Manager, and Send to OneNote which are taking up space, Outlook needs to be too wide on my screen to see buttons I DO need like Forward.

• Aaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having certain objects (ex. fill and sign, send for sig...) take up space, where I would rather have more useful objects (for me), is frustrating.

• Thomas Zavaleta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Read/Unread is the only button on the ribbon bar I use and it's the first to disappear when the window shrinks or a addins are added. This is frustrating! Allow me to customize the bar so i can choose what goes away.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is idiotic. A simple request that users need. It's 2019, I would think that even Microsoft can figure this out by now.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very important for me too, I would need to easily set the proofing languages when I switch from one language to another.

In order to use Outlook for Mac instead of Apple Mail, I need to be able to customize the size and placement of the icons in the UI. We should be able to have control over this.

• A Soifer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too would very much appreciate the ribbon being customizable.

I desire to customize where I auto move a message to a specific folder. Please consider this feature request by your user community.

Thanks

• Will commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Enable me to customize the Quick Access Toolbar like other Office application. Add or delete icons to one-click any function available in any menu or on the ribbon. You may think the Ribbon mess enables users to do what we need to do. You would be wrong.

• Joel Shafer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you add a few add-ins to the ribbon, then the ribbon begins to automatically remove a few of the needed buttons such as "read/unread". I'd like to be able to remove buttons that I don't need, and keep the ones that I use a lot myself.

• Superman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow Message Ribbon to be resized to get all options shown without scrolling right and left.

• Barry Cook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To not to be able to customize the Ribbon or Quick Bar in Outlook 365 is counter-productive. Features I do not use often enough are stuck there, while any Add-Ons I might consider I simply won't do - simply adds to the clutter.

Goodness knows the Ribbon in other Office apps is a cluttered mess too, but at least I can put items in the Quick Bar and - for the most part - Hide the Ribbon. No such luck here.

May consider going back to Mac Mail / Contacts / Calendar instead.

• Tatiane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Concordo, no excel e no word é possível personalizar a faixa de opções e que ajuda muito no quesito foco do conteúdo que importa. A esta barra de menus, é extremamente grande e desnecessária, uma vez que quem o utiliza, acaba precisando dos mesmos únicos botões e não de todo o acervo de botões. Super voto para faixa de opções no outlook para Mac seja personalizável assim como excel e word. Pois o outlook no windows é, e porque não poderia ser no mac também?

Having the ability to add the "templates" button in Outlook for Win10 was a HUGE time saver. Not being able to add that button to outlook really impedes work.

STUPID NOT to have these kinds of options and customization available. I cannot believe the Microsoft Development Team haven't incorporated these kinds of options (like being able to move and add buttons like Send & Receive) within the Ribbon or Quick Menu Bar in MS Outlook 365 for Mac! Crazy!!!! And we pay $99 per year for this ****?!?!?!?!?

Sorry but that’s just LAME and stupid Not to have these kinds of options and customization available on this product, especially one that COSTS each customer $99/year to use. This is B.S.!!!!! Tell your Developer Team that they’re IDIOTS not to have these kinds of options…are we in the year 1996???? :(

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Outlook for Mac: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base