OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Customize the ribbon

The ribbon can be customised in Word, but not in Outlook. For instance, the placement of addin could be chosen (e.g. webex, which is working fine, by the way), or the very bad placement of the "send and receive" is dramatic

2,032 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

188 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. It makes NO sense that you can customize every other ribbon in Office for Mac EXCEPT Outlook....

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The latest version of Outlook for Mac has made the ribbon less conducive to productivity. Requiring common features such as replying to an email to utilize a submenu. Please allow the capability to customize the ribbon to remove unnecessary items like Get Add-Ins and maintain core features like replying to email.

• BHall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why Microsoft doesn't allow ribbon customization in Outlook on Mac is just incomprehensible. My Zoom meeting plug-in is all the way to the right and is not usable. There are a handful of totally useless and garbage icons on the Outlook ribbon in macOS that I can't seem to be able to remove, or even reposition. ಠ_ಠ

• wim.hendriks@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree: obert Debusschere schreef · 27 juni 2019 21:13 · Markeren als ongepast
    You should enable ribbon customization in Outlook for Mac 2019 like the Windows version. This is a serious no-brainer. Why you continue to insist on crippling the Mac versions of your software is beyond me. Suggestion boxes are nice but you need to treat both versions of your product equally, instead of constantly favouring the windows version.

• Robert Debusschere commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should enable ribbon customization in Outlook for Mac 2019 like the Windows version. This is a serious no-brainer. Why you continue to insist on crippling the Mac versions of your software is beyond me. Suggestion boxes are nice but you need to treat both versions of your product equally, instead of constantly favouring the windows version.

• Doug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just get this done already! Some buttons I never use; others I use all the time but they are not in convenience locations. Slows me down, irritating, and Outlook for Mac should offer such a basic feature just on principle!!!

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems I can make changes to excel, powerpoint and word ribbons, I should be able to make changes to Outlook ribbons.

• Joe Tester commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. Please customize the ribbon toolbar. Too may buttons I dont use, need to make the window larger to see the ones I DO use

• sammy c commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

pleaes add the read/unread onto the main toolbar ribbon. currently i have to click into "Tags", then click "read/unread".
    why this extra step on the most often used button!

• Curtis Blackburn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also prefer to use a mail client with easier access to the functionality that I use on a more regular basis.

• Sarah Milhollin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please let us add and remove the buttons we use the most on the ribbon bar! You keep adding new things to the ribbon and I now have to make the email window so large to get to the ones I need it is taking up half my screen. Why do you have to have the Customer Manager, Insights, Send to OneNote, Get Add-ins buttons so large. I don't get it.

• Miguel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In this context and looking at all Microsoft products (PC or Mac) we users request these kind of features because designers at Microsoft waste so much real state on empty space all over the window frame that icons won't fit, users are forced to magnify in order to work comfortably or to acquire wider screens.

• Simone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll never get why the ribbon takes up so much screen real state. Besides the option to customize which buttons should be in the ribbon, we should also get an option for it to show smaller buttons.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OMG! I totally agree! Why can't we customize the ribbon? Or, at the very least, let us prioritize the things that disappear as the window shrinks. How often do you really use "Get Add-lns"? That one seems to stick around a lot. Really? Or "Send to OneNote"; I don't even use OneNote! Please, help us!

• Marc Dula commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to use the Read/Unread button in the toolbar without making the Outlook window so wide. The recent update hides the button when the Outlook window is narrower. This is incredibly frustrating since it's the main button I use in the ribbon. Why hide that button? There are plenty of other things I never use in the toolbar that I'd rather hide if we must hide things.

• Eliot Quon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Echoing a previous commenter: Read/Unread is the ONLY button on the ribbon bar I use and it's the first to disappear when the window shrinks or a addins are added. This is frustrating! Allow me to customize the bar so i can choose what goes away. How is this feature _still not implemented_, especially when it's in other Office software.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Outlook for Mac: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base