OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Customize the ribbon

The ribbon can be customised in Word, but not in Outlook. For instance, the placement of addin could be chosen (e.g. webex, which is working fine, by the way), or the very bad placement of the "send and receive" is dramatic

1,651 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

153 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Enable me to customize the Quick Access Toolbar like other Office application. Add or delete icons to one-click any function available in any menu or on the ribbon. You may think the Ribbon mess enables users to do what we need to do. You would be wrong.

• Joel Shafer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you add a few add-ins to the ribbon, then the ribbon begins to automatically remove a few of the needed buttons such as "read/unread". I'd like to be able to remove buttons that I don't need, and keep the ones that I use a lot myself.

• Superman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow Message Ribbon to be resized to get all options shown without scrolling right and left.

• Barry Cook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To not to be able to customize the Ribbon or Quick Bar in Outlook 365 is counter-productive. Features I do not use often enough are stuck there, while any Add-Ons I might consider I simply won't do - simply adds to the clutter.

Goodness knows the Ribbon in other Office apps is a cluttered mess too, but at least I can put items in the Quick Bar and - for the most part - Hide the Ribbon. No such luck here.

May consider going back to Mac Mail / Contacts / Calendar instead.

• Tatiane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Concordo, no excel e no word é possível personalizar a faixa de opções e que ajuda muito no quesito foco do conteúdo que importa. A esta barra de menus, é extremamente grande e desnecessária, uma vez que quem o utiliza, acaba precisando dos mesmos únicos botões e não de todo o acervo de botões. Super voto para faixa de opções no outlook para Mac seja personalizável assim como excel e word. Pois o outlook no windows é, e porque não poderia ser no mac também?

Having the ability to add the "templates" button in Outlook for Win10 was a HUGE time saver. Not being able to add that button to outlook really impedes work.

STUPID NOT to have these kinds of options and customization available. I cannot believe the Microsoft Development Team haven't incorporated these kinds of options (like being able to move and add buttons like Send & Receive) within the Ribbon or Quick Menu Bar in MS Outlook 365 for Mac! Crazy!!!! And we pay $99 per year for this ****?!?!?!?!?

Sorry but that’s just LAME and stupid Not to have these kinds of options and customization available on this product, especially one that COSTS each customer $99/year to use. This is B.S.!!!!! Tell your Developer Team that they’re IDIOTS not to have these kinds of options…are we in the year 1996???? :(

customization is who we are...makes for a more efficient work flow - and gets rid of the clutter that we don't use at all. Why is send/receive out there in the milky way? There should also be shortcuts. Don't forget spacers (blank cubes) as well. Thanks so much!

• Art Meakin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I only use a handful of the elements in the ribbon and I have to resize my window and some of them disappear that I need. So I would like to remove and arrange them like I could before.

• Kerry Emery commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! All points are made here. Space holders, moving icons to suit efficient workflow, and removing/adding icons are all necessary (and not rocket science to program). If you want to hold your place in the market - these elements are necessary. Better do it quickly. I'm going back to try another alternative mail program as we speak. You almost had me using this full time after many years. Still not ready for prime time though. Many great alternatives out there.

Can't believe you can't customize the ribbon. Why bother having a preferences option if the ribbon isn't one of the things you can customize?!

• David Easthope commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is still absolutely an essential feature that Outlook is lacking, especially when using it on devices with a smaller screen such as the 11-13" MacBook Air. The ribbon takes up way too much space, and has to be scrolled through in order to access common tasks that could otherwise be grouped together by the user to optimize their workflow. Please allow people to customize the order of the items, hide the icons (showing text buttons only), or optimally, both. Why is it that Apple Mail - the built-in mail client with less business market share - has these features and yet the enterprise standard does not?

Having recently switched from PC to Mac for work, I particularly miss this feature, along with being able to customise the Quick Launch Toolbar. I always do this when setting up office applications and this omission has slowed me down when working in Outlook now.
    As an example, I use Categories to 'tag' my emails and meetings and assign multiple categories at a time. Now the most efficient way for me to do this is right-click off the email, but it only allows me to select one at a time.
    Multiple small frustrations like this make Outlook for Mac noticeable less useable than Outlook for Windows.

• Ray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or at least compromise and allow us to add commands to the toolbar (Customize Quick Access Toolbar) like we can do in PowerPoint, OneNote, and Word.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Outlook for Mac: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base