OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Bring back conversation highlighting in mail mode.

Outlook on the Mac had a feature that highlighted e-mail based on conversation. After upgrading to Office 365, this feature now appears to be missing. It's a very useful feature, so please bring this back to Outlook for Office 365 for the Mac.

205 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Barry Fitzgerald shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anthony Assalone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please add the automatic registration of an event, i.e. an email or telephone call made to a contact in Outlook as it existed in the older versions of Outlook. It was so easy to pull up a contact and see all of the contacts made with the individual, be it emails, telephone calls, and notes. Thank you!

• Tony Stark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When sending an e-mail, please highlight the e-mail address set as default within the contact, regardless of the title (work, home, other). Thank you!

• cm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why, Why, why?!?

MS you're in love with your 'conversation' viewing feature and I'm not. So you think it's best to force me into newness. Sorry. I'm not inclined. Corporately we just recently updated to 2016's version, and I've already screwed up more times than ever, because i'm unknowingly replying to emails that someone else has already answered. I was trying to figure out if I was slacking, then I realized the highlighting feature was missing, which would give me a quick glance to figure out where the latest response was and jump to that one. After some searching I found this thread - but you guys haven't done anything in over 2 years! This feature would probably only take someone a day to program back in. I mean you probably could cut and paste the coding from the 2011 feature. Stop being dumb, and stop assuming that 'conversations' are how EVERYONE wants to read their emails.

• John Applesid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are several ideas submitted on the same topic. Here's another one for example:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac/suggestions/13963503-highlight-related-emails

If the votes of all the "highlight related emails" are added up, it would likely be in the top 10 list of ideas. Hope the moderator/admin of this forum would take notice and allocate resources ASAP for this very useful feature present in Apple Mail, and was present in Outlook 2011 for mac, which was removed in outlook 2016. I have been sending monthly feature suggestion for this since 2015, but it is not added back yet.

• JB Manning commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The highlighted email is my favorite feature. I am lost without it. Please bring it back yesterday. :)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature also disappeared between Office 2011 and 2016. Microsoft, why would you eliminate a totally useful feature like this?

Outlook for Mac: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base