OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Add new setting "Default Startup Folder / View"

Allow users to define in the settings which folder (could be the inbox of an account, a specific mail folder, the calendar view, or ...) to show after starting outlook.

188 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
David shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • htsui2013 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support it. I remembered office for mac 2016 (2011) has such choice but nowadays gone.
    Its is annoying and make user feel uncomfortable.

• Stephanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto to all these comments. Giving Mac users the same ability as Windows users to select a default startup folder would be nice.

• Michael Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the Mac version everytime I close the window and open it later it always defaults to my office365 inbox and I want it to remember which folder I have selected which is usually "All Inboxes". This is how every email program works except this one!

• DK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This drives me crazy about Outlook on my Mac having to change to my default email where I have 4 accounts created.

DK

• Matt Bednall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the ability to define views as per Outlook 2016 for Windows. This functionality is essential for EDGE type time management. There isn't even an ability to add a tasks list onto the calendar view.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like to view my calendar on a current day and future day(s) basis. There is no value to taking valuable space for calendar days that have past. Offering a rolling view would accomplish this.

• Mark Golden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Opening in the right startup folder is working fine for me ... what I really want to be able to do is open in Tasks rather than my email inbox.

This wasn't an issue when we were using Windows computers, since the Windows version of Outlook provides the ability to have a customizable to-do bar present on the screen along with the inbox.

I agree with the choice for this, but the factory default should be -> All Accounts -> Inbox. It is VERY irritating

• SimonasS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I have the "All Inboxes" selected and close the App with "Cmd Q" and then restart the program it opens to "All Inboxes"... but if I just hit the red "X" at the top left and then click on the program in my dock it opens to a different folder.
    This bug really annoying, please fix that!

• Ash Bost commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me it goes to my IMAP account inbox and not even my default account. It should ideally open with All accounts > Inbox. Please fixx this.

• Croc Croc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really not a feature, its a bug! Eg. I have the All Accounts selected, close the window, reopen the window, instead of returning to the All Accounts view, its showing my default account. Microsoft, just fix it!

I migrated from Office 2011 and imported my main identity. I have two accounts, but by doing the import this way to retain my configurations, I could not control which account was loaded first. Now every time I open an new Outlook window after closing, the Inbox for the NON default account opens (the default account is properly defined in the Tools>Accounts pane). Please give me a way to specify that the Inbox for the default account should appear on startup or when opening a new window! This is ridiculous!

← Previous 1

Outlook for Mac: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base