OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Reading Pane Compose/Reply

Reply in the reading pane feature like in outlook for windows.

124 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Vahan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Vijayraj Bhatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On windows outlook, when you create a new meeting invite, you get a button on ribbon which says.. “response options” under which you can choose if you want to request response from your participants and also your recipients to be able to propose a new time or not. We need this feature in Outlook for Mac as well.

• Randy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature, it is very inconvenient to use Outlook on a Mac after years of using it on a Windows platform. I may have to switch to a different mail platform on Mac if I can't reply in the reply pane.

• Vadim Beker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, add this feature!!! it was more comfortable, for Mac users, to use it. and this will be very helpful. thanks.

• Janai Bashore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature and hopefully, it will show the draft within the inbox. I compose a lot of emails for my boss - it would be better for her to see directly in her inbox that I've written a draft to a corresponding email.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature - It is very difficult to work efficiently without it. thank you!

• Chris Reid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is absurd that a feature this essential would be removed? What is the point of taking something away? This easily adds 45 minutes of wasted time to every work day for me as I manage tens of different windows.

• Ron Ram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reading Pane for Calendar section of Outlook, similar to how in the mail section of Outlook there is ability to turn on/off mail reading pane.

• F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Microsoft BUs,

Please can you provide a timeline for implementing this feature?

Regards,

F

• Rahul Tyagi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is really problematic every time new window POP, when we trying to compose or reply on any mail. we should have option to disable this option and we can work in main window only.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring back the responding to emails in the reading pane!!! PLEASE!!! This makes responding to emails easier

• Jess Stratton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot go through my email quickly as I have to move my mouse button all the way to the Ribbon to simply reply to an email. This should be in the reading pane at the top.

Outlook for Mac: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base