OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Outlook 2016 should behave like a modern Mac application

Outlook should behave like a modern Mac application and remember all of the windows you previously had open when launching Outlook.

I frequently have 5 to 10 emails open in separate windows. Some are existing messages that I need to reply to and some are ones that I am currently replying to. And yes I know that the ones you are working on are saved as drafts and you can add reminders to work on others, etc. but if these windows aren't re-opened after I launch Outlook I will often forget I have drafts I am working on or forget emails that I need respond to. Adding reminders doesn't always help because I usually have an average of 50 reminders (appointments, tasks, emails) so that is not always helpful. Sometimes I also like to have my calendar open in a separate window so I can look at emails and appointments side-by-side.

The other reason this would be useful is that when Outlook updates are available (which is now much more frequent with Office 2016's monthly updates) I am usually reluctant to apply the latest updates until I have processed all of the email windows I have open (which sometimes is many days later). If Outlook remembered all of the windows I have open along with window placement like a modern application I would be more likely to apply updates sooner. For the same reason I often delay OS security updates until I have processed all of my open windows.

23 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Palmer, Shane D [ITSYS] shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Outlook for Mac: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base