OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

please make sure the sync of tasks works properly

during the last week there where times when i could not see 1 task in outlook for mac for hours after a reboot:
new tasks where synced but old tasks in the database could not be seen on mac even when they could be seen on ios.
But when i updated a single task on ios it would be seen synced on mac tool.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Heinrich Franzen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We found a problem with tasks is because the list of tasks is built by Spotlight - part of macOS. If the Spotlight index is not working or somehow corrupt, all your tasks wont display properly. You can rebuild the index just for the Outlook folder in /Users/username/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook I hope this helps someone while MS fixes it.

• Jason Schadow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

High Sierra and the Outlook December 2017 update (15.41.0 17120500) have this issue. The best workaround at the moment is to Empty Cache for the task folder... but missing tasks occur again at a later point.

• Jeremy Cath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

seeing similar issues in r15 ... add a new task and it doesn't even appear on the local task list for some minutes. Deletion also takes a while to update list and sync

Outlook for Mac: Tasks

Feedback and Knowledge Base