OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Make it possible to apply View / Columns choices across all folders

I have many, many folders and subfolders, and no use in any folder for several of the default columns that eat up valuable screen real estate. Currently I must configure each folder, column by column. To make it worse, each time I reinstall my email account I have to do it all over again. The process is extremely time consuming.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mike Simpson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Joe Peterson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not use categories because it would be far too complicated for my business. I have over 50gb of stored emails that I MUST segregate by client into folders. It is of the utmost importance that I can easily see which folder an email is moved to

So, I need to be able to set a default view that allows me to see folders instead of some other column like categories consistently in every view.

The way it works now is you have to set the view to show the folder over and over again every time you click on a folder to view it.

It is incredibly stupid. Why bother to allow anyone adjust a setting only to make them do it over and over again?? Obviously, if they wanted to have something displayed in a certain manner, there is a strong likelihood they have a good reason that isn't just for one moment.

Please fix your very lacking software now.

Outlook for Mac: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base