OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Allow users of Office 2011/2016 in Mac to set customer reminders for calendar

I am a user of Outlook on Windows for 15 years and on MacOS for 5 years. There is a feature for calendar reminders on Windows which is not available on Mac version and I would like to request it be introduced in a future upgrade (sooner the better)

I have tested this functionality and confirmed it is available on Windows Outlook 2007-2010-2013-2016 but it is not available on Office for Mac either 2011 or 2016.

When I create a new calendar entry and go to set a reminder, I get the same arbitrary list of reminder times on both platforms, starting from 2 weeks down to 0 minutes and None

Sometimes I need a reminder that is longer that the prepopuldated max of 2 weeks and other times I need a reminder that falls between some of the existing times in the list (e.g. I need 10 days when the choice is only 1 or 2 weeks).

In windows Outlook, I can simply type it into the box (e.g. 10 days, 6 weeks, 57 minutes, whatever I want) and the reminder works fine.

This reminder will sync fine via exchange and if I look at the event in Mac (or OWA), the custom time which I typed in windows will show up in Mac/OWA and the reminder will also work in Mac, however if I need to change it in Mac I can only use the prepopulated list. Much like a new event I cannot set a custom time.

Go back to windows and I can change it to another custom time / use a time from list.

The pre populate list is good on all platforms, however the flexibility on windows to add a customer time of the user's choosing is a real value add that could be simply introduced to the Mac (and OWA).

Thanks

273 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ciaran shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • sara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still waiting for a fix for this...also there should be a follow up button in the draft email....currently I have to go to my sent email and then create a follow up from there.

• Ken Weitzman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My calendar is one of the most important tools I use for work. Entourage calendar allowed me to customize the reminder dates, but Outlook for Mac does not. When I transitioned from Entourage to Outlook for Mac 2011, I was able to find a work around by downloading an AppleScript to allow me to customize reminders for the Outlook for Mac 2011 Calendar. Unfortunately, the script does NOT work with Outlook for Mac 2016 calendar and, from what I can tell, there is no work around. Quite honestly, I don't understand why Microsoft had this feature in Entourage, but removed it in Outlook for Mac calendar. Very disappointing and forcing me to use a separate calendar app from another provider.

• Grant Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this a requested feature for a calendar app? Should of been implemented years ago. Very poor Mac Outlook devs.

• John Cosgrove commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No follow up calendar pop up. You need to look at a separate calendar app to identify the desired date first.

Outlook for Mac: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base