OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help Menu.

If you are using the New Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:  

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. put a scripts menu in outlook 2016 for mac

When MS fails to put basic functions like "Convert email to event" then it needs to allow applescripts in its menu, so we can at least add a script to create this

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Although this request is for a valid feature (scripts menu), the example given has already been addressed by built-in features. You can either reply to a message with a meeting, or drag the message to the calendar to create a meeting with the message as an attachment.
    What other features do you feel need to be addressed by adding a scripting option?

2. Do you want to save the changes that you made to your smart folder?

I use "search" a lot. I have highly customized search folders using RAW search queries to help. The power of search means I need no folders. Yay. But I'm so tired of seeing this message:
    "Do you want to save the changes that you made to your smart folder?"
    This message appears every time I search from a smart folder. It's so, so, so, so very annoying. If someone at Microsoft could add a couple lines of code so that I can choose "No, and don't ask me again" that would be like the best thing ever.
    Thank you!

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have an option for subject based conversations

Add an option to organize conversations by subject like it was in previous versions. Many of the automated systems which I receive emails from do not contain a conversation ID and my inbox is now incredibly difficult to read with responses to existing threads. I simply want an option to organize conversations using the "rudimentary way" of organizing by subject.

523 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    68 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Tasks and Notes syncing between Outlook (Office 365) / Mac / iPhone

Tasks and Notes syncing between Outlook (Office 365) / Mac / iPhone

122 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi! Tasks and Notes do already sync for exchange accounts, do you mean Outlook.com? If so, details on how to sync calendar, contacts, notes and tasks for Outlook.com are here –
    This feature has been enabled since our October 2015 update (15.15). For details, see: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Outlook-2016-for-Mac-supports-the-new-Outlook-com-experience-d21c77ad-5cbe-41bb-bd56-f7b62768335d?omkt=en-us&ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

5. Search

When use Search; Show preview on the Right-side, and ability to move instance to folder with right mouseclick context menu

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable Server side Distribution List

Outlook for Windows and Outlook Web Access support locally stored distribution lists. This is not supported by Outlook for Mac even with the new Version. Please add this functionality to be compatible!

181 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    36 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Searching Email

After closing the search function in the inbox you should be back at the beginning. This is not the case at the moment.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base