OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help Menu.

If you are using the New Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:  

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to turn off the Dark mode interface within Outlook

Outlook should have an option to turn off the Dark mode interface and not from the System Preferences

292 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    52 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback and ongoing support! For Dark Mode, we need your input.

If you voted on this and feel Dark Mode in Reading Pane will help address your concerns, please vote on this item instead: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac/suggestions/36058048-support-dark-mode-in-reading-pane

If you rather turn off Dark Mode in Outlook, please vote here: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/293343-outlook-for-mac/suggestions/36267640-add-preference-to-turn-off-dark-mode-in-outlook

Thanks!
    Outlook for Mac Team

2. Drag attachments to 'Edit Message'

Thanks for adding the 'Edit Message" functionality back. However, it appears there is a flaw when trying to drag attachments to emails that you are editing. While it appears the attachment is being dragged, it isn't dropped into the message. This only happens if the message being edited doesnt have an attachment already. If the message being edited already had an attachment, and you are adding another one to it, that works.

317 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Conditional Formatting

Bring over Conditional Formatting to the Mac! I want to have e-mails from certain people POP! Not just with a category that is lost on the side, but the whole e-mail line in the viewer to change. Bigger font, color support (make it RED for important people, etc).

790 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    167 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback, we have reviewed this feature, unfortunately, we will not be implementing this feature as this does not align with our overall goals. Thank you for your continued participation in making Outlook for Mac better.

4. Quick Steps

Quick step is a great feature in Outlook for windows. Why is this feature missing in Outlook for Mac?

1,472 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    96 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback, we have reviewed this feature, unfortunately, we will not be implementing this feature as this does not align with our overall goals. Thank you for your continued participation in making Outlook for Mac better.

5. Enable RSS on Mac and OWA, just like on win Outlook

Enable RSS on Mac and OWA, just like on win Outlook.
    We use RSS feeds to communicate info to our users, and limiting functionality to the Windows client really segments our users, including for mobility.

765 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6. Add all PC features to Mac version of Outlook

Full featured is great. But Current Mac version makes us feel like second class citizens. Offer at least most of PF features. You will sell more software! Many of the requests below come down to this. Put politics aside and serve eager users!

266 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion and the comments. This particular suggestion is a broad bucket which is hard to track and provide updates to. It would be great to know what specific features you want parity with Windows Outlook. Please suggest individual features separately or vote on existing ones. Thanks for your help and continued interest in the product!

- Outlook for Mac Team

7. Allow Users To Close Email Notification Pop Ups

In Office for Mac 2016, the email notification pop ups cover up portions of the screen. There is no "close" button (or any action buttons) so the user must wait the required several seconds for the notification to go away before accessing that portion of the screen. Many times it is covering up open browser tabs that the user needs to access. In other versions of Office the user could immediately close the notification pop up allowing the user to continue working uninterrupted.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. bring back the delete button in the new email notification

in outlook 2011 the new email notification had a delete option. bring that back

98 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Section view in one note pages across top

OneNote view options similar to windows version - sections pinned to left, pages across the top, effectively giving you more screen Realestate without losing visibility to the notebooks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable add-ins when using a template.

Currently in the OSX version of outlook, 15.36, add-ins are disabled when you open an email template. I would like to use my add-ins. and my templates.
    enable add-ins when using a template.

For search purposes addins addin addon add-on addons plugins plug-ins plug-in plugin.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix Contact Support so that it doesn't crash Outlook on Mac

Opening Contact Support from the Help menu causes Outlook for Mac (15.38 170801) to crash. I can't tell you about it through the standard process, because, obviously, it crashes Outlook when doing so.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Update 15.36 strips user control

I am not a fan of how folders are organized and the fact that I cannot view them in a convenient manner. You removed the ability to view the inboxes in their own folders within a single INBOX category. The All Accounts folder combines ALL received email into one location. This is totally inefficient for me. I see no way to get back to this format. Yet another nail in Outlook's coffin for me.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Notifications of New Emails in an Inbox

Please bring back Inbox email notification. I have three email accounts on Outlook. Before the last update, when I had a new email, there was a visible number next to the email Inbox that told me how many new emails I had in each Inbox. Now I have to hover or toggle open the Inbox to find which Inbox has new emails. Seems a waste of time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add an Out of Office notification

add an indicator to let the user know that the out of office tool is active.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow editing messages enqueued to Send Later

Once a message has been enqueued using the Send Later feature, the only way to edit the email is to permanently delete it and send again. This feature would permit editing both the message and the configured send time up to the time that an enqueued message is sent.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can edit a queued message by clicking “Cancel Send” in the bar that appears above the body when you select it in the Drafts folder.

PS: We are unfortunately not able to see replies to this address please send any additional questions you may have to in-app support or the online answer forums.

17. Outlook 2011 mail no longer supports iCloud mail. Authentication error. This just started in June 2017

Please fix Outlook 2011 to support iCloud mail. There is an authentication error.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Don't automatically Mark as Read if Outlook isn't visible

When Outlook is not active on screen, it should not automatically mark mail as read. This includes: Outlook is in another space. Outlook is minimized. A screensaver is active.

I have Outlook set to ‘Mark mail as Read: When viewed in the reading pane for these seconds’. I enjoy this behavior most of the time, but when going from zero inbox items -> one inbox item Outlook automatically open the new mail for display in the reading pane, which marks it as read. As a result, Outlook on the Mac AND on my phone & iPad won’t show a 1…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Remove Send from Touchbar (or move it to center)

Remove Send from the Mac touchbar - 50% of my emails are being sent prematurely. It's currently placed in the spot that gets the most accidental touches. The copy button also gives me some grief, but it's not nearly as bad as the send key. That one has a TERRIBLE placement.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Stop auto-expanding the ribbon

Starting with Outlook for Mac 15.33 (170409), the ribbon is being auto-expanded when one presses the keyboard shortcut to focus on the search box at the top. Please stop doing this or provide a preference to control this behaviour. Thanks.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!
    Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using Outlook for Mac.
    Please contact the in-app support team for further assistance. You can contact in-app support by going to the Help menu at the top of your screen, then choose Contact Support. We look forward to assisting you with your questions.
    If you have a feature you would like to see added to the app in the future please let us know.
    All the best
    The Outlook for Mac Team
    PS: We are unfortunately not able to see replies to this address please send any additional questions you may have to in-app support or the online answer forums.

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base