OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Missing moderation approve/reject options in Outlook 2016 for MAC

Missing moderation approve/reject options in Outlook 2016 for MAC.
    Please put it in (also in iOS Mail).
    Thank You

423 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    34 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support distribution lists for Exchange accounts

Please add support for contact distribution lists for Exchange accounts. Outlook for Mac does not recognize the distribution lists I have available in Outlook Web App.

409 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    35 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Inbox 'all accounts' as default

I suggest to make it possible to set the inbox of 'all accounts' as default

406 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    42 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. conversation view should show messages from all folders

Conversation view should show messages from all folders

401 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    40 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please bring back the Next and Previous message buttons.

In previous versions of Outlook there were clickable Next message and previous message buttons. You do have hot keys for this but the buttons would be very helpful.

398 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    70 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Reposition Smart Folder Section on the sidebar

The Smart Folders are a great idea and can be very efficient. However in its current position they are quickly pushed out of sight when you have plenty of mail folders. If this happens the usage of smart folders will simply decrease and somehow forgotten. My suggestion is that the whole Smart Folder section can be moved wherever one prefers to position it. In my case I would love to have Smart Folders on top of the sidebar as these would be my preferred folders to watch.

400 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I suggest you make a copy/paste function available for attachments from emails. This is a huge deal for many of us.

Making copy/paste function available so that attachments can be copied/pasted in this function rather than dragging each one of them. This gets very tasky when you are picking multiple attachments out of several different emails and dragging to 1 new email.

377 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Retention Policy message and options

In Windows you can see the corporate Retention Policy if you have one configured. If an organization creates additional policy which may also have different retention time periods associated with them, in Outlook for Windows, you can right-click on the email and choose which retention policy you would like to associate with that email.

For record keeping purposes, which is a legal matter, a huge benefit for the Outlook for Mac client would be to show the Retention policy on each email and have the ability to choose a different Retention policy by right-click on the email in the inbox…

372 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  27 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add "Clean Up Folder" feature like Outlook for Windows

Outlook for Windows has has had "Clean Up Folder" feature for years. This is a tremendously useful feature that deletes redundant email. Please add this to Mac Outllook.

360 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Empty deleted items on exit?

There was a feature in Outlook 2011 you could set to empty the deleted items folder on exit, in Outlook 2016 it is no longer there, please restore this.

362 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    42 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. show unread count per smart folder

Please enable the displaying of unread count of emails within a smart folder. This would allow people with large volume of mail that depend on smartfolders to know that new mail has come in

356 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    26 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Cleanup Tool

Add a cleanup tool in the Mac version to remove duplicate messages in Mac Outlook 2016 like the one available in the Windows version.

352 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow customizable badge notification per-inbox

After the latest "fast ring" update to Outlook, the badge count/notification of unread emails shows the unread emails in ALL accounts. Prior to this update, the badge would only show the unread count of my primary inbox. After the update, it also shows the unread count in my department's shared inbox. It would be nice to choose which of these behaviors is preferable, as I bet some people may like this change and others (like myself) absolutely hate it.

349 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow requests for Delivery and Read Receipts to be specified as a preference

The ability to request Delivery and Read Receipts was recently added to Outlook for Mac, but you have to remember to set these options for every message you send as they’re off by default. It would be great if it was possible to set theses defaults in the app preferences (as I believe you can do in the Windows version of Outlook), ideally on an account-by-account basis.

347 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    78 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I suggest you add Archive feature in Mac version exactly as in Windows version.

Archive feature in Windows cleanly allows storage of mail offline in a *.pst file. Archive functionality is missing in Mac Version. I carry 53 GB of mail with huge syncing and spinning issues.

344 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make it possible to create folders in Outlook for Mac 2016 (google preview)

In Outlook for Mac 2016 ver. 16.7.0 when using Google G Suite (google preview) to connect, the function to create folders is not implemented.

This I think is a very essential and basic function that should take priority over other functions in coming releases.

341 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    81 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. show total unread email count in unexpanded parent folder from all sub-folders

Not a new idea actually, this existed in Outlook 2011
    When using folders and sub-folders to organise you mail, it would be very helpful to show the number of unread emails in all sub-folders under a parent folder - but ONLY if the parent folder is not expanded, i.e. you can't see the sub-folders. When you expand a folder and can see the sub-folders, only the unread emails in the parent folder need to be shown.
    I had it occur several times now that I get a phone call about an email I had not responded to for days, only…

332 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make the insert as text option available when attaching a file

When attaching a file, for example an HTML file, there should be a drop down option like there is on a PC, which allows you to insert the file as text into the body of the email. This will allow HTML emails to be sent from outlook without formatting being messed up and without using a third party email service.

331 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Enable Follow-up flag when composing a message

In Outlook for PC you can easily add a follow-up flag to an email so that you remember to follow-up with the person you sent an email to. Such email appears in your tasks list which makes it easy to schedule when do I really want to bug them again. However, in Outlook for Mac this option doesn't exist. There is no such button in the New Email box. There is a sub-menu item (Message->Follow Up), however it is set on a Draft email and is never copied to the actual one in your Sent folder, once a Draft becomes…

329 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    40 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add selective sync date limits for email to Outlook Mac

Outlook for Mac doesn't allow the ability to sync emails from the Exchange server for only the last month or three months or year or other duration.

It's only possible to sync the entire server mailbox content - which can mean unnecessarily storing large amounts of data locally.

Could selective sync periods be added to Outlook for Mac?

323 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base