OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. open msg files in outlook

We store .msg files in SharePoint document libraries and OneDrive, and to my surprise they would not open in Outlook 2016 for Mac.

If there is not a trick to make this work, it should definately be a feature!

797 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    38 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Restore AppleScript support for third party apps

Because of the current implementation of sandboxing, third party apps can no longer interact with Outlook (I'm thinking about SpamSieve, but it applies to a number of apps).
    There are ways around that and I would love the future versions of Outlook to allow AppleScript from third party apps again.

733 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  67 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Set Reading Pane to light/dark mode as default when Switch Background is used

When switching emails/views in Outlook, light mode set as background doesn't stay as a default option and reverts back to dark mode.

729 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    126 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow attachments in calendar items

Allow documents to be attached via button on toolbar and/or or via drag-and-drop feature.

728 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    80 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. sent emails in conversations

Right now, the only way to see sent e-mails in a conversation is to click to a separate display. It would be really useful to have the option (which I think is in the Windows version) to have them threaded together in order.

704 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    51 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support for caching limits on email similar to Windows

Support for caching limits on email content similar to Windows.

674 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    47 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "Mail to keep offline"

In Office 365 (and previous version) on my PC i'm able to dictate how far back outlooks keeps my mail offline for. This is missing on Mac version...I'd like for you guys to port that feature over that exists on PC.

For people like me who got 10 years worth of mail to download it's a real hassle...as I don't need 10 years worth of mail downloaded in my outlook client.

679 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    45 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please fix the display of free/busy-permission shared calendars in Outlook

This has been a source of annoyance since I started using Office for Mac 2011 in 2010 – almost five years!

This is the relevant support document: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2876443

651 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    38 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please add calendar view to reading pane

Need to have quick access to daily calendar while email viewing pane is open without having to switch to calendar view.

644 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    35 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add access for volume license - send later

I would really like for those who are a part of a volume license to have access to SEND LATER!

631 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    84 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable the Quick Access Toolbar

I would like to see customizable Quick Access Toolbar in Outlook 2016 for Mac like the one we have in 2013 for Windows. ( in the trial version of 2016 for Mac, I see a very truncated version above the ribbon). I use the QAT for all of my most frequently-used commands so that I don't have to switch back and forth among different tabs. Send Mail and Text Color, for example, are all on one easy-to-use bar.

592 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  47 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Show as 'Working Elsewhere' in calendar

Add 'Working Elsewhere' to the 'Show as' options for events in Calendar, alongside 'Free', 'Tentative' 'Busy' and 'OOO'.

594 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    45 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. allow images/photos/etc. be inserted into Outlook Meetings and Appointments

Allow inserting images, photos, etc. into meeting requests and appointments. I often cut reservation info from websites for plane and hotel reservations into meeting requests for our CEO but, because I am "snipping" these, Outlook recognizes it as an image and will not allow me to send the invite or save the image in the appointment.

586 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    38 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Schedule on Outlook Mac

I love the schedule email functionality on mobile (iOS/Android) and would like to have it on Mac Outlook too. Please can you build that.

568 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add option to add country holidays in calendar

Add option to add country holidays in calendar

577 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. To have an option to see the exact email address used in the email that received (or sent).

Please support such feature to be able to see exact address used to send or received an email when either hovering the mouse over the name or double-clicking it.

552 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. After deleting an email, jump to next unread email

I prefer having new emails on top. Currently after deleting an email, the next highlighted email is the one I previously read (next in line, below the deleted email). There should be an option to move to the next unread email instead. It would be easier to read through emails beginning with the oldest unread email (lowest of the highlighted unread emails), and delete through the list, and move UPwards.

553 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  30 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Columns and reading pane right

Please add the ability to view mail in columns while still having the reading pane to the right. This functionality works great on the Windows side, but I can't seem to figure out why it's only available with no reading pane, or when the reading pane is below the email...

566 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    77 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to import and export calendars

Please add the ability to import and export calendars in Outlook for Mac. It'd be great if the formats that one could import and export contacts to were the same as the options on Outlook on Windows. This would make it easy to transition back and forth, particularly for folks who are switching platforms for work.

552 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please add "Recall this message" function for mac!

Please add "Recall this message" function for mac!Every time when I would like to recall an email on my macbook, I need to open the Parallels Deask for windows and then open the outlook for windows to recall the email. It is so annoying. More importantly, in "recalling" situation, time is of the essence. In this sense, after I accomplish the two steps aforementioned, the reciever has already opened the mail and I would fail in the recall unfortunately.

531 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base