OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

Outlook for Mac

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 8,750 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    532 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add / Display Holidays

Really, you don't have holidays yet? Every calendar I use has the option to display holidays. Outlook for Mac is the only one that doesn't have this and this is what I use for business. Microsoft really confounds me and many other business people I know. You don't add some obvious features people use and can't be that hard to add.

3,208 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    186 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I suggest you add CalDav support to Outlook for Mac.

Corporate mail server is CalDave - whether we like it or not. Want to integrate in Outlook rather than using iCal!

1,596 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    50 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Open another user's calendar

Ability to see side by side calendars of other users without them having to give me permission or making me a delegate.

1,208 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  50 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 986 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    75 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please bring back the categories feature in Outlook for Mac.

It difficult to filter out the information while on the Calendar, Notes, Task or Contacts.

At least give the option to filter by Category on list view and collapse group like in Windows Outlook.

965 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    114 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. add copy paste function to calendar meetings

add copy paste function for meetings

at the moment it's not possible to copy and paste a meeting in the calendar - pls add

946 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    100 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Web calendar

Would like to have the ability to add external, web (.ICS) calendars in Outlook calendar. For example, I use TripIt as one of my calendars, they provide a webcal/caldav link that would allow me to see my travel calendar from Outlook (this is supported in the PC version) but 2016 still does not support that. Please consider it, it is not very hard but makes life SO much easier.

938 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  36 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sync Outlook Calendar to Google Calendar

Sync the entries from other accounts and locally stored calendar entries in Outlook for Mac to the Google Calendar online.

916 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    33 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add calendar quick view feature

The Windows version of Outlook displays a calendar "quick view" feature where the user can see all upcoming events and tasks, alongside viewing email. This is very helpful as you don't have to keep switching to the Calendar view to look at events for the day. This feature should be added to the Mac version.

728 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  34 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow attachments in calendar items

Allow documents to be attached via button on toolbar and/or or via drag-and-drop feature.

686 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    76 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please fix the display of free/busy-permission shared calendars in Outlook

This has been a source of annoyance since I started using Office for Mac 2011 in 2010 – almost five years!

This is the relevant support document: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2876443

633 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    35 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to import and export calendars

Please add the ability to import and export calendars in Outlook for Mac. It'd be great if the formats that one could import and export contacts to were the same as the options on Outlook on Windows. This would make it easy to transition back and forth, particularly for folks who are switching platforms for work.

529 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. allow images/photos/etc. be inserted into Outlook Meetings and Appointments

Allow inserting images, photos, etc. into meeting requests and appointments. I often cut reservation info from websites for plane and hotel reservations into meeting requests for our CEO but, because I am "snipping" these, Outlook recognizes it as an image and will not allow me to send the invite or save the image in the appointment.

526 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow to scroll the calendar (month view) using the mouse wheel

Like in Outlook for PC or Apple Calendar it is possible to gradually scroll through time by just using the mouse-scroll-wheel.
    On the Outlook Mac version you can only jump back and forth month by month and only via the buttons in the upper left corner.

469 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  28 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow subscribing to published iCal calendars and vice versa

I suggest that you add functionality to both Outlook for Mac and Outlook for Windows to enable subscribing to published iCal calendars (or Mac Calendar.app), and to enable publishing of Outlook calendars in a form that can be subscribed to from iCal. This should, of course, sync changes in both directions.

419 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Send calendar availability

Like in Outlook for iOS, it would be great to have the ability to have a button in the email compose window that allows me to send availability. From a UI perspective it could operate just like the iOS version...click the "send availability" button, see a calendar, click the time ranges you are available, it drops it nicely formatted into your email.

376 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show as 'Working Elsewhere' in calendar

Add 'Working Elsewhere' to the 'Show as' options for events in Calendar, alongside 'Free', 'Tentative' 'Busy' and 'OOO'.

376 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow users of Office 2011/2016 in Mac to set customer reminders for calendar

I am a user of Outlook on Windows for 15 years and on MacOS for 5 years. There is a feature for calendar reminders on Windows which is not available on Mac version and I would like to request it be introduced in a future upgrade (sooner the better)

I have tested this functionality and confirmed it is available on Windows Outlook 2007-2010-2013-2016 but it is not available on Office for Mac either 2011 or 2016.

When I create a new calendar entry and go to set a reminder, I get the same arbitrary list of reminder times on both…

273 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I suggest adding calendar pane

Hi, it would be great if you can enable adding calendar and notes section beside the reading pane as it is in the Windows version. Thanks!

224 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 39 40
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base