OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add "Recall this message" function and support message recalls from Windows clients

Add "Recall this message" function so that you can recall messages sent in error. Also support message recalls that are sent from Outlook for Windows users - at the moment message recalls just come through as an email but don't automatically remove unread emails like Outlook for Windows does.

15,600 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  2813 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. To-Do Bar (Have calendar and task pane in Mail view)

As in Windows, see the preview of calendar next events and task on the right side of mail view

11,221 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Working on it  ·  676 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 9,053 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    546 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Outlook to Share Menu (Extensions)

Have Outlook 2016 added to the Share Menu (under Extensions) in System Preferences. It's easier to have applications share anything to Microsoft Outlook. Example the Photos app.

7,481 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  751 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 5,107 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  330 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to import and export contacts

Please add the ability to import and export contacts in Outlook for Mac. It'd be great if the formats that one could import and export contacts to were the same as the options on Outlook on Windows. This would make it easy to transition back and forth, particularly for folks who are switching platforms for work.

3,703 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    237 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add / Display Holidays

Really, you don't have holidays yet? Every calendar I use has the option to display holidays. Outlook for Mac is the only one that doesn't have this and this is what I use for business. Microsoft really confounds me and many other business people I know. You don't add some obvious features people use and can't be that hard to add.

3,528 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    191 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support OS X Notification Center

Add support for native OSX notification center for Calendar alerts.

3,448 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  52 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 2,764 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  142 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Proper Sharepoint integration (in particular calendar integration)

Proper Sharepoint integration (in particular calendar integration)

2,750 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  229 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Customize the ribbon

The ribbon can be customised in Word, but not in Outlook. For instance, the placement of addin could be chosen (e.g. webex, which is working fine, by the way), or the very bad placement of the "send and receive" is dramatic

2,491 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    226 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make search look and work like it does for Windows

The search function for the Windows version of Outlook is fast, easy to use, and in a convienient location. The version for Mac is in the upper right corner, not easy to quickly select search options, and overall is not as easy to use.

Move the search box to the same location on the Mac client and allow for quick drop downs on what to search for. Overall make search on the Mac just as fast and easy to use as the Windows version

2,332 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Working on it  ·  67 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add back the option of coloring column view text by Category

The old Outlook 2011 Categories would change the color of the text in the column view of a message or note, meaning that colors of an important category of email/note/task could stand out to the eye quickly. Now for messages, there is only a small bar or dot, and you can't even tell a note or task is categorized without selecting that note, or unchecking other categories in the sidebar. It would be very nice to see the category breakdown of a list of things at a glance, like I used to be able to.
    Please add back an option…

2,073 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  162 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Pst support

Full pst support in the Outlook client on OSX.

2,031 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  50 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Don't auto-delete meeting requests!

Don't auto delete meeting requests! Sometimes they contain useful information in the body of the message that is hard to see once the meeting has been put on the calendar. I can customize this setting in Outlook for Windows. Why leave it out for Outlook for Mac?

1,780 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    192 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I suggest you add CalDav support to Outlook for Mac.

Corporate mail server is CalDave - whether we like it or not. Want to integrate in Outlook rather than using iCal!

1,726 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    55 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Assign tasks to other users (or contacts)

I want to assign tasks to other users or contacts – a feature that is available in Outlook for Windows

1,615 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  110 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please bring back the categories feature in Outlook for Mac.

It difficult to filter out the information while on the Calendar, Notes, Task or Contacts.

At least give the option to filter by Category on list view and collapse group like in Windows Outlook.

1,559 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    151 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support email alias

Please add the ability to add an email alias (or aliases) into the account settings especially Gmail. I have been very impressed with this implementation in you Outlook for iOS App.

I have a domain with Gmail and forward to my main Gmail account, but can't seem to get this to work with Outlook for Mac 2016.

Thanks!

1,556 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  114 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow smart folders in Favorites

The new Favorites category in the sidebar is nice, but should also allow Smart Folders to be added as Favorites. I want a few of my smart folders at the top of my sidebar. As do others...there are at least two other feature requests on this page asking to allow the Smart Folders section to be re-ordered higher in the sidebar so they are more easily accessible. Consider adding all those votes up to count for this request, because this request can help solve that problem too.

1,519 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    107 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 294 295
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories