OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow users to customise the touch bar

In spite of a similar looking request being marked completed, Microsoft has still not provided end users the ability to customise the touch bar. This is standard functionality in most modern Mac applications and is useful for many different good reasons, particularly for applications as sophisticated as the Microsoft Office suite - there is a lot of scope for customising to one's own workflow.

Please!! Let us customise the touch bar!!

547 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  19 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 5,205 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  343 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 9,204 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    558 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Honor default apps defined by user. Ex, clicking chat on a user contact launches skype rather than default IM app. Would match Windows Offi

This applies across all of the Office apps, not just Outlook. Integration should leverage the default Mac applications for various click to X capabilities, not hard coded preferences in the application.

1,161 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  60 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow sorting of calendar entries by size

If you need to clear space on your calendar, having the ability to sort calendar entries by size becomes very helpful. This feature exists in Outlook for Windows and it would be nice to see this in Outlook for Mac for the sake of feature parity.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Integrate Outlook Contacts with Linkedin Contacts

Now that Microsoft owns Linkedin, it would be extremely helpful if Outlook was the primary sync point for all contact information. Within the notes section, place a summary of the positions held from the Linkedin profile. Synchronizing contact information and keeping profile info in one spot would make looking up contacts with specific skills, job titles, backgrounds, companies, etc much easier. Plus, making it perform the sync in the background would help keep contacts fresh.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support MacOS keyboard shortcuts

Until recently, Outlook supported built-in cursor navigation short-cuts (Ctrl-A to move to the start of a line, Ctrl-E to move to the end of the line, Ctrl-N for next line, etc). In a recent update this support disappeared, and these key sequences now mostly do nothing, except that Ctrl-A now maps to select-all, just like Cmd-A. Other Office products still support the shortcuts. For those who are used to universal OS support for these shortcuts it's a jarring experience, and inconsistent with the Mac experience.

438 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  63 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to import and export .mbox format (Apple Mail)

Support importing from and exporting to Apple Mail - .mbox mailboxes

169 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. PGP encryption and decryption of emails

At my organization, I receive a ton of sensitive emails that are all encrypted with PGP. It would be fantastic if we could use PGP public/private keys for encryption and signing, in addition to the S/MIME-based stuff that we already have.

Right now, having to open all my PGP mail in another application is the only thing keeping me from being able to switch entirely to Outlook.

230 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  12 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Default Outlook 2016 for Mac to Search Across All Folders

Either default all of searches to search across all folders, or have the ability to setup what is the default search span.

497 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  19 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sorting Tasks by Reminder Time

In Outlook on Windows (2007 and 2016 and I believe also 2010, 2013 but I am less familiar with those versions), you are able to sort tasks by Reminder Time.

However on the Mac 2011 and 2016 versions this does not appear to be possible. You can sort by the fact that they do / don't have a reminder but not by the time of the reminder

I user the reminder time to assist doing the tasks in the order I have set them out and getting a view of what is next and what is coming up for rest…

151 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow users of Office 2011/2016 in Mac to set customer reminders for calendar

I am a user of Outlook on Windows for 15 years and on MacOS for 5 years. There is a feature for calendar reminders on Windows which is not available on Mac version and I would like to request it be introduced in a future upgrade (sooner the better)

I have tested this functionality and confirmed it is available on Windows Outlook 2007-2010-2013-2016 but it is not available on Office for Mac either 2011 or 2016.

When I create a new calendar entry and go to set a reminder, I get the same arbitrary list of reminder times on both…

288 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add calendar quick view feature

The Windows version of Outlook displays a calendar "quick view" feature where the user can see all upcoming events and tasks, alongside viewing email. This is very helpful as you don't have to keep switching to the Calendar view to look at events for the day. This feature should be added to the Mac version.

815 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  39 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fix Outlook so it will work with Amazon AWS Exchange WorkMail

Outlook for Mac 2011 and 2016
    will not work with Amazon AWS Exchange WorkMail. Please fix this.

Thank you!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. schedule

Add the ability to schedule/archive emails like you can in the wonderful Outlook for iPhone app! Swiping two fingers to the right or left on the email to archive or schedule wonder be amazing!

811 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable the Quick Access Toolbar

I would like to see customizable Quick Access Toolbar in Outlook 2016 for Mac like the one we have in 2013 for Windows. ( in the trial version of 2016 for Mac, I see a very truncated version above the ribbon). I use the QAT for all of my most frequently-used commands so that I don't have to switch back and forth among different tabs. Send Mail and Text Color, for example, are all on one easy-to-use bar.

598 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  47 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add Outlook to Share Menu (Extensions)

Have Outlook 2016 added to the Share Menu (under Extensions) in System Preferences. It's easier to have applications share anything to Microsoft Outlook. Example the Photos app.

7,691 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  760 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add back the option of coloring column view text by Category

The old Outlook 2011 Categories would change the color of the text in the column view of a message or note, meaning that colors of an important category of email/note/task could stand out to the eye quickly. Now for messages, there is only a small bar or dot, and you can't even tell a note or task is categorized without selecting that note, or unchecking other categories in the sidebar. It would be very nice to see the category breakdown of a list of things at a glance, like I used to be able to.
    Please add back an option…

2,093 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  165 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I suggest you make a copy/paste function available for attachments from emails. This is a huge deal for many of us.

Making copy/paste function available so that attachments can be copied/pasted in this function rather than dragging each one of them. This gets very tasky when you are picking multiple attachments out of several different emails and dragging to 1 new email.

377 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. bring back outbox

Please make it easier to delete outgoing messages that get stuck. It would also help identify problem emails before someone calls you two days later and says "did you ever send me..."

428 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  26 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base