OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I suggest you unlock the ability to add addresses in Outlook for the Mac OS version 16.37...I can't believe you just released an updated ver

Ok...I guess its a policy not to add support for customers who bought for Office 365 and use Google (Gmail) to add address editing to Outlook Contacts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add the option "recent documents" to the "adding a file / attachment" function

In the PC version such a function exists: When you want to attach a recently written document to your mail, you can directly get a list of your last documents using the attachment icon without having to look for those files in different folders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When using search dialog (cmd+shift+f), tab should jump to email list, not ribbon

When searching for emails using the keyboard shortcut cmd+shift+f, there is no quick short cut to switch focus to the email results. pressing tab switches focus to [Home] in the ribboon. This forces me to switch over to my mouse to click the results.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Three finger trackpad swipe up/down to switch email

MacOS apps allow you to move between pages or emails with a three finger swipe in the email. This would works as follows:

Open an email, read while two-finger scrolling to view entire message.
    When you're finished with the message, three finger swipe down to move to the next message, or three finger swipe up to move to the previous.

This avoids needing to switch between keyboard and trackpad, and doesn't require you to manually click the next message. This works in most MacOS apps, including Mac Mail.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow me to manually book focus time in Outlook

I like the Focus Time feature that puts Focus Time on my calendar. But often I would like to add more Focus Time. How can I do that?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Outlook for MAC - Request to print Franklin Planner Format

In Outlook Windows Version you can print the calendar in various formats, I specifically would like top print the calendar in the Franklin Planner format 2 1/2 pages on 1 sheet just like a Day Runner or Franklin Planner.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. On the Conversation page where you have the discussions from an email chain, it might be useful to have an expand and subtract icon, to allo

On the Conversation page where you have the discussions from an email chain, it might be useful to have an expand and subtract icon, to allow a user to see a couple of sentences on a particular email.
    I often know what the thread is about and often people leave 1 liner responses, so for me to be able to see that in the context of a conversation is really useful.
    Opening the email fully, inline with the conversation may be useful sometimes, but you can easily lose your place in the thread if too much space is allocated to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow "Replies in folder other than Sent Items" This is so annoying

Please allow ... URGENTLY... as this has been going on for years per the threads on this site... to save replies in folders other than Sent items.
    This causes me NO END of grief and is so time consuming to go and move all my sent items at the end of the day.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Remove shift-return submitting

As shift-return in other applications doesn't submit the message, instead adding a newline, I often press shift-return by accident and by this submitting unfinished e-mails. Sometimes extremely frustrating and causing confusion. Please remove this feature, or make introduce a feature-toggle in settings.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. import wab file

Create the possibility to import contact information from an old .wab file (from Outlook Express) into Outlook for Mac.

Alternatively, provide a simple utility to read .wab files and output the information into a .csv file, which seems to already be supported for transferring contact information.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow recipients of a calendar invite, either a meeting or appointment, to be able to edit the invitation title

I want to be able to edit the title of received invites. Reason being, I want to have the same protocol on my calendar for MEETS, CALLS, ACTIONS etc. Senders operate to different ways of working but without editing it, my calendar is a mess. Clearly, if the invite is updated by the sender, I may need to reedit the invite.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Get a better support system.

Have an additional option for Help/Support. Chat is not enough. Add phone support at a minimum. Ideally, add the ability to port in and be a real IT person.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Remove warning about a meeting invitation not having a location

When I create a meeting in Outlook, I get a nag-o-gram if I don’t put in a location saying, “You have not specified a location for this meeting.” All of our meetings are remote now so none have locations and this is getting rather annoying. Please remove the warning, or add an option to let us disable it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add the "Copy Email" and "Copy Attachment" functions into Microsoft Outlook like they are on a PC.

In Outlook for PC, when the user right clicks an attachment or email, it can be copied and inserted into another email or event notification. On Mac, you're forced to download content or save emails to desktop, and then insert them to achieve this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Remove from signature templates

Remove from signatures "He/Him/His", "She/Her/Hers" & "Them/They/Thiers". It's not necessary.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. DON'T DOWNLOAD OLD EMAILS

new year new business why outlook downloads 2017/2018/2019 emails, c'mon guys stop outlook from filling the SSD for offline use when we are always connected! Let the user decide what we want the client to download. I have 200 GB of emails and been looking for a solution but it seems to be impossible to solve.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Retaining the same email when I changing view options, such as From -> Conversation.. and etc

I’m looking for a way to sort out my emails. My case that I want to see email is like this.. 1) I found an email with “Date Received” view. 2) Now, I like to see all related emails with that email I found in “Date Received” view. 3) then, I have tried to change “Conversation” view while I’m highlighting the email I found in “date received’ view. ==> but, this was not working - outlook hightlighed other email thread once I changed to “Conversation” view. Do you know how to retain related email and email thread enven I changed…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base