OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help Menu.

If you are using the New Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:  

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create a function that makes it possible to save all recipients as contacts.

Hi! I would like to save all recipients in my sent email folder as contacts. It would be great with a function in Outlook for Mac 2015 who helps me do this. I would like to export all the people I´ve been in contact with so I can import them to other systems.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow linking between Appointments and People's Contact without invitation

Allow the possibility to link appointments from the calendar to people's contact without having to invite them to a meeting as in Outlook for Windows existent for years. You would expect that Outlook 2016 being the first real improvement of Outlook for Mac since 5 years would gradually become more similar to the Office version for Windows, but instead it still misses the functionality of the later in many areas and looks as ****** as before - despite the desperate seemingly attempt to introduce a more colorful design.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Delete email from server when deleted from Inbox not Deleted Items

When using a POP3 account Outlook for Mac doesn't delete an email from the server when you delete it from the Inbox. You have to go into the Deleted Items folder and deleted it from there before the email is deleted from the server. The application should move the email to your deleted items folder and delete from the server.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Give option to switch off Mac dock icon unread email count button

I use two accounts with Outlook for Mac. I would like the unread email count in the Mac doc to just show the number for my main account. I would also like the option to not show the unread mail count at all (as on iOS)

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Manage views and advanced view settings

The ability to edit the advanced view settings; specifically Fonts and Conditional Formatting (but all options columns, group by, sort, filter, other settings, conditional formatting and format columns as in Oulook for Windows). The ability to manage multiple view would be nice as well.

157 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. show total unread email count in unexpanded parent folder from all sub-folders

Not a new idea actually, this existed in Outlook 2011
    When using folders and sub-folders to organise you mail, it would be very helpful to show the number of unread emails in all sub-folders under a parent folder - but ONLY if the parent folder is not expanded, i.e. you can't see the sub-folders. When you expand a folder and can see the sub-folders, only the unread emails in the parent folder need to be shown.
    I had it occur several times now that I get a phone call about an email I had not responded to for days, only…

380 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bring back the Global Address list

I cannot see all of the contacts on our public exchange server. What happened to the Global Address list function?

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Be able to colour different email accounts in preview

It would be extremely useful to be able to view different Email Accounts in the preview pane with different colours - i.e. designating the account with a colour in preferences. So when scrolling down your email you can identify which email account it has come in from.

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Proper SharePoint integration with site mail boxes

SharePoint integration with site mail boxes where user can move emails from the mailbox to the document libraries. Windows can do this since many years. Microsoft says that this lack is due to a missing SharePoint connection that yet has not been thought of by the Mac team at Microsoft.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Czech language support

Many customers in Czech Republic would love to see full Czech language support = localized interface and grammar check. Both features are available in Office for Windows

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Outlook to Share Menu (Extensions)

Have Outlook 2016 added to the Share Menu (under Extensions) in System Preferences. It's easier to have applications share anything to Microsoft Outlook. Example the Photos app.

8,019 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  792 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add ability to configure working hours like you can for Windows

In Outlook for Windows you can set you working hours so that those scheduling meetings on your calendar know when you are generally available. I have not found this configuration in Outlook for Mac

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Conversation Sorting

Could we PLEASE get feature parity with Windows on the sorting of messages within Outlook. Windows allows users to sort in conversation view. Then the oldest message in the conversation is at the top (of conversation). The newest messages are at the bottom (again of conversation). I was hoping the 2016 would have this feature. I asked at Ignite and was told it was there. When i downloaded bits however, the sort was still "broken". Please help. This would be so simple to accomplish.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Visualize contacts by multi-item list: to see at the same time phones, emails, creation date, etc.

Improve view of contact list: ability to see many fields (email, phone, creation date, etc.), to choose these fields and to sort contacts by fields.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. import .eml file

Please add the import (.eml file) function by "drag and drop".

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. file replies sent in originating folder

Outlook for PC has a feature where you can automatically file replies in the folder where the originating email is filed/located. This removes the need to drag and drop from the sent folders file.

326 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make Auto Format controllable and intuitive

The Auto Formatting of lists with Bullets is infuriating and non intuitive. Users need to control presentation. It is impossible to create a bulleted list and document presentation, using MAIL/Word. Users should have complete control in each document.

Type Bullet / Bullets in HELP , there is no return search result.

And while you're at it, type " i.e." into a document - it is painful.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow users to have their contacts sorted by the "File As" field. This is what I have always done in Outlook for the PC and want the MAC ve

Allow users to display their contacts by the "File As" field. This is what I have always done in Outlook for PC. The Mac version should also be able to do this.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Open more than three calendars in Outlook

More and more users are finding the need to open more than three calendars at the same time. This is available to any other versions of Outlook except the mac side. Please add this!

77 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. to allow the list panel to have simple columns to sort data, just like Outlook in windows

I want to get the 3 panels view: left, middle, reading panel on the right, just like on Windows.

I want the middle panel to have multiple colums: From, date, flag, title.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base