OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help Menu.

If you are using the New Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:  

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable zoom setting for adjusting zoom level for incoming emails

Enable zoom setting for adjusting zoom level for incoming/composing emails

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please make Lync meeting links work correctly by opening directly in the Lync client instead of through a browser. So annoying!

Please make Lync meeting links work correctly by opening directly in the Lync client instead of through a browser. So annoying!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create ShareFile Plugin

Can you please add a ShareFile plugin for Outlook for Mac? They are the standard in secured file sharing and encrypted email, especially for health care. There is a plugin for Outlook for PC, but not for Mac.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Spell Check on the Subject Line

Please provide Spell check pop-up box trigger and/or "red squiggly line" spelling reminder for misspellings in the Subject of a Calendar Invite.

Outlook for Windows will do this, and the Subject of an email for Outlook for Mac will provide the red squiggly line.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable "Save As" function to file complete emails to folders on computer

For users that are switching from PC to Mac, or are simply in the habit of creating an off-line archive of important emails, this is truly essential.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Better print outs from Calendar

Better print outs from Calendar, Just copy what Apple do and improve it, its miles better. I need a hard copy sometimes and I can't print from outlook as it looks completely out of whack. It needs to be styled!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. How to modify how long emails are stored

Email retention option, doesn't appear to be a way to modify default value of 2 weeks, need more!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I suggest you add a feature in the Outlook 2016 export to allow export emails between two specific dates

I suggest you add three features in the Outlook 2016 for Mac similar to Outlook for Windows,:
    - allowing to copy or move emails (archiving is only moving and does not allow copying)
    - allowing to copy or move emails between two specific dates, to ensure regular archiving on a quarterly or annual basis.
    - allowing to create a new email file, and than in the main Outlook dashboard to copy or move emails from the existing file to the new file.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow an appointment on this week's calendar to be moved by simply dragging & dropping it in another day on the calendar to the left.

I should be able to move an appointment from a day visible on this week's calendar to another day several weeks later by simply dragging the appointment over to the sidebar of calendars, hovering over the selected day and dropping the appointment into that day. This works in earlier versions of Outlook for PC's, but I cannot do it in Outlook 2016 on my new Mac. I want my ease of use back. Thanks!

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Show who email was sent to in Sent folder search results

Are you aware that, when you search for emails in the Sent folder in Outlook, the results that come up don’t show who the email was sent to, they show my own name, which is not very helpful. Could you please change this so that the results show the person the email was sent to. Thank you.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow the addition of a folder ( particularly Move to Archive) in the Ribbon

Allow the addition of a folder ( particularly Move to Archive) in the Ribbon. So I dont have to select email click Move and Click the Folder. This should be a simple one click operation. I dont care about mail folders other than Delete and Archive.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Collapse all below on option-click

It would be great if we could Option-Click the arrows next to the day or week and have ALL the items below close as well and then stay close even after app restart.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Calendar "today" view show multiple days

In the windows version of outlook, I can select the "today" view, and the select the next few days in the mini-calendar to get a multi-day grid what begins with "today". I find this view is really valuable from Wednesday on in a work week in that is uses valuable screen space to focus on the future instead of wasting half of it with the past. Thanks for your consideration.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. make it easier to send photos as attachments to email and not embed them

It is time consuming to attach photos to an email as an attachment. I typically don't wan to embed the photo and i don't want to upload and share from the cloud in a business email.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Outbox Support for Offline Mail

Currently when formulating emails and clicking "Send" while not connected to Exchange, emails are redirected to the "Drafts" folder without any kind of notification. Emails should be saved in the outbox and automatically sent upon connection to Exchange.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Automatically close an open message window after moving item

In Outlook for Windows, if I have a message open in a window, then move it into a folder other than Inbox, the message window automatically closes. It's kind of like "putting the message away" after reading it and deciding to file it.

I don't see an option to setup this behavior in Outlook Mac. You move the message, but the window remains open and you have to take the extra step to manually close the window.

89 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Need to be able to short cut copy and email message and all contents to a document folder

enable a short cut feature to copy an email and any attachments to a document folder in Finder

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. VCard for Microsoft Office for MAC

I would appreciate the ability to add a v-card to my signature

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make available in MAC Outlook the options to decide whether to go to the previous or next message after deleting. Windows version has.

In the windows version there is the option of deciding where to go after deleting a message, to go to the next or prior message. This has been missing from the MAC version for the last five years and my Google search shows a number of frustrations over this. Please add this in.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Public Folders

Add the "Folder" section that exists on the Windows version so we can see Public Folders in a more intuitive and consistent way with the Windows version

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base