OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. bring back outbox

Please make it easier to delete outgoing messages that get stuck. It would also help identify problem emails before someone calls you two days later and says "did you ever send me..."

428 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  26 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. print

Correct landscape print feature for month view calendar. When trying to print out a monthly calendar, and changing to landscape view, the 'header' area correctly extends width-wise to fill the landscape page vs. the portrait width. However, the 'data' area (the actual days and entries in those days) remains constrained to the portrait width. The only way to print a (readable) landscape calendar appears to be with a screen grab print..

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Status bar in Search Folders

The status bar in Search Folders used to show "Connected to.." etc information, however in 2016 it doesn't.

Why isn't that status bar uniform across the client?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bcc reply all block

Allow sender to block BCC's from replying all.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Web calendar

Would like to have the ability to add external, web (.ICS) calendars in Outlook calendar. For example, I use TripIt as one of my calendars, they provide a webcal/caldav link that would allow me to see my travel calendar from Outlook (this is supported in the PC version) but 2016 still does not support that. Please consider it, it is not very hard but makes life SO much easier.

1,028 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  42 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Shade current day in the calendar view for clarity

The week at a glance view in the Calendar only indicates the current day in the top (where the day and date is highlighted in blue). It would be a lot faster to view/grasp if "today" (the current day) was shaded a different color than the other days.

142 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sync categories in public folders

Please allow for categories to sync in public folders across all Exchange users.

Currently categories in Outlook for Mac do not sync across Exchange. This becomes especially troublesome when working in public folders with users on Windows when a team uses these categories to indicate stages of workflow or what team member is working on what etc.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ignore Conversations Button

Include an "ignore" conversations button (this is included in the Windows version of Outlook)

1,101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  61 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to import and export contacts

Please add the ability to import and export contacts in Outlook for Mac. It'd be great if the formats that one could import and export contacts to were the same as the options on Outlook on Windows. This would make it easy to transition back and forth, particularly for folks who are switching platforms for work.

3,763 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    242 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support autoarchive

As its Windows counterpart, Autoarchive is required in order to avoid the tedious, manual archiving of each folder/subfolder.

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Support email alias

Please add the ability to add an email alias (or aliases) into the account settings especially Gmail. I have been very impressed with this implementation in you Outlook for iOS App.

I have a domain with Gmail and forward to my main Gmail account, but can't seem to get this to work with Outlook for Mac 2016.

Thanks!

1,731 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  125 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. All folders are NOT up to date

There is a status message at the bottom of the window "all folders are up to date". it is usually a lie. As soon as it is updated, other items can be available on the server and do not appear until the next time outlook polls for data. it is particularly galling when there are connection or other issues that prevent outlook from getting recent items.

it would be better to say "updated " and a time stamp. that way we know if it was updated recently without the lie that things are still up to date. :)

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support dragging events accepted from a third party between calendar accounts

When a calendar event is received and accepted on one account, it cannot be dragged to a calendar on another account. The PC version of Outlook supports this function.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create links when replying and contacts are in my address book

When replying, if contacts are present as cards in my address book, the header of the original message does not contain links, but just plain names.
    Example: if card is not in address book, I get in the original mail header:

"mailto:person@domain.com"

If this is saved in address book, I get in the original mail header:

"Full Name"

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow jabber 3rd parity server as presence support.

Allow presence status to be taken from 3rd parity jabber server.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow filtering mails in Sent folder

Currently creating a local rule for filtering mails in "Sent" folder, does not work. It used to work in the past. I need to sort my emails including also my replies (full threads).
    Alternatively, allow a better view, so both incoming emails and replies are visualized in the threads, thus moving a thread to alternative folder to catch also the replies from "Sent" folder. This is so called "Universal folder".

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add Arabic Support

Adding arabic language support for make will make as use Office instead of another alternative application for Mac.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. People-free/busy quick lookup

Ability to hover over a person's name and see their free/busy availability for the current day. This is often needed, but requires creating a meeting to see their availability for the day, and then cancel the meeting afterwards. Use case is to quickly identify when someone is NOT in a meeting, and more likely to be available for a visit or phone call in the next several hours.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add 2 Step verification log in

New apps should already include 2 step verification log in method. I was confused on how to log in at the beginning but remembered I had to use an application password for my Xbox. But new commers or people who have no idea app passwords exist will have problems.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base