OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Extend the disable date for the Mac Outlook Webex plug in

The current date to disable the injection based Outlook plug in on Mac was previously June and is now October. Most users are not aware of this change and development/planning is still underway to convert users to the add in framework. No formal notice/notification has been provided and the dates seem somewhat fluid. We would like to ask that you extend the disable date and push towards the end of the year (as previously advertised), and set a firm date so the other providers/vendors have time to enhance their add in features.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. macos font

I work at an organization with G Suite, and I'd like to configure Outlook replies to be "invisible" from Gmail replies.

For macOS, this means better control over fonts, and control over the custom attribution.

I set my default reply font to Arial 11, but I am reading messages in Calibre. Also, my attribution text will appear in Calibre when my message above it appears in Arial! I'd like to change the font everywhere ("On [DATE], "[NAME]" [ADDRESS] wrote:")

I'd also like to change the attribution so I can match Google's default of "On Aug 28, 2020, "... rather than…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I suggest you...

be more clear about the daily limit. As per my 365 Personal subscription I am paying for monthly, I should be able to send emails to 5,000 recipients daily. I just tried to send barely 500 emails for a virtual event I'm organizing, and after 494 emails, was told that I had exceeded my daily limit...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. "Private" option for e-mails

Please include the option "private" for e-mails. I wonder why this function is available for outlook 365 for windows, but not for outlook 365 for mac. The "private" button is essential for business communication within a company.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. New outlook for Mac

I LOVE the new outlook for Mac format. However, I cannot have multiple mailboxes lined, so had to switch back.

Please can you enable this functionality so I can use both my frequently used mailbox and calenders in the new format.

Thanks in advance.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. "Join a Teams Meeting" hyperlink

When I setup a Teams meeting via an email, please have the "Join a Teams Meeting" hyperlink placed ABOVE the content within the body of the email. Currently the hyperlink is BELOW the content of the email, and for some reason, no one likes to scroll down to the bottom of the email.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. outlook mail not shown when search

i've tried everything with this version of outlook 16.16.25, when i search the mails on top right corner it does not show up the mails.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Strongly suggest having the email search feature just above the email preview panel, as it does for Windows. Otherwise it is inconvenient.

Please include the email search feature for all emails just above the preview pane rather than top right of the screen. It's in an inconvenient spot for Mac.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add a setting where you define the default email account for NEW messages.

No setting exists today. Instead new messages default to an outbound from email that I can't figure out. It seems random.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Let us know when someone has an auto-reply on before sending the email

You don't receive someone's auto forward (not even as a preview) until the email is sent.
    When using Outlook online you can preview it but not on the Outlook app.
    I'm using Outlook for Mac v16.39

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add Block Quote on formatting tool bar as in OWA

OWA has a button on the formatting tool bar to change a paragraph to "block quote" format, but Outlook 365 for the Mac does not.

I'd like it added, please

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I think it would be great if you allowed for users (including Mac users) the ability to change the TITLE/Subject of meetings sent by others.

I think it would be great if you allowed for users (including Mac users) the ability to change the TITLE/Subject of meetings sent by others. It's very annoying when someone sends me a meeting, and I cannot control the title of the meeting to my preferences on MY SCHEDULE. Say my name is Brandy, and somebody sends me an invite titled "Brandy and Susie for Lunch", at a glance it looks like I'm having a meeting with myself and can't change it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Configurable "Show As" options

With the Work From Home and people needing to control their calendars and make visible they are assisting kids with school work or caring for elder parent or putting breaks for wellness. Would be nice to have a new status and color to represent these so others booking meetings know you are not avalable.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add Working from Home to the "Free, Tentative, Busy, Out of Office" list.

In the world of Covid-19 almost all of our employees are working from home. We we do get back to the office it will not be in full-force even post-covid. Would it be possible to add a Working from Home or Working Remotely option to the drop-down menu for status?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enable setting Categories to a bunch of emails at once

Enable setting categories in bulk. Currently I can only do it one by one.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I want to Remove Skype Meeting from my Ribbon

Please do not force me to have Skype in my Calendar toolbar. I did not request or want Skype on there.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I can flag, but I can't checkmark emails after; it's not an option w/ a imap email configuration - please make it available

The an imap email configuration, please make available to iMac users the option to checkmark their flagged emails as completed. Please also make available to iMac users the option to categorize using colors their calendared items. It's greyed out an not an option when email is configured as iMap. I would love to Microsoft Exchange to allow these things, but I would have to change my business cards and inform ALL my contacts.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)