OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help Menu.

If you are using the New Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:  

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support local (on my Mac) storage of email files

Hard to believe, but the new Outlook doesn't support storing of emails locally on my Mac.

The old Outlook (Outlook for Mac v16.42 does support email stored locally. This is a critical feature which you've dropped.

What were you thinking Microsoft??? Are you trying to drive me to a non-Microsoft email client? It sure looks that way.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. focus time

When scheduling "focus time" in calendar, Cortana should allow me to schedule this time in a different color, so it is easy for me to see where I have "mental breaks" in the day or when I will be able to do my follow-up tasks from my meetings in the day.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. inboxes, reading pane, and calendar feel cramped in the new outlook

Reduce the space between different sections so more relevant information can be on screen at one time

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. New Outlook does not support window tiles on 1080p

The new outlook does not support tiling two main windows on a 1080p monitor, presumably because the window minimum size is too large. This is very unfortunate because I like to have a full email window and a full calendar window side by side on a maximized secondary monitor. Please fix!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Folder carbon copy (FCC)

Currently, all of my replies are stored in the 'Sent' folder by default, but I'd really like to be able to specify which folder to store a reply into. In other email clients, this is known as "folder carbon copy" (FCC). Would be really great if you could add this functionality to Outlook.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Revamp "Agenda"

I've described here with the details, would love to contribute down the line

https://miravmehta.wordpress.com/2020/10/17/agenda-is-to-decide-what-went-wrong-with-outlook/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. This feature request is about “To Do” and not Outlook.

Please add a feature to allow a “sub-task” to be added to “My Day”.
    Currently I can only add the main task to “My Day” even though it is the sub task I am tracking. Upon completion of the sub task if I clicked “completed” my main task is tagged as completed and I have to re-create the list

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. auto-hide all the things—too much fluff; body of email in bottom third of my screen

I want the search bar, New Outlook toggle, Show contact support, and Show what’s new to all auto-hide. I want to remove new message, send, discard, and show more items, show task pane, and show side bar to all be removable or auto-hide, so that extra space is removed and the functional parts of outlook are moved up. The auto-reply later is also about 3/4”, which should be smaller or auto-hide… I don't need-rich-text formatting options always in view; leave those in a menu dropdown that auto-hides...you get the picture…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The bottom Status bar missing

Switched to new Outlook (Mac) and switched right back! The Status bar at the bottom missing. Can't see the number of mails in the active folder or the last sync time/status.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Reach out to customers and focus development on useful features instead of things like "rounded corners," etc.

I have.used Outlook probably since the first release. Always fought using anything else. Moved to Mac a few months ago. Your product for Mac is horrible. Can't have more than one calendar via IMAP, new release eliminates ability to use folders. This app, along with all other MSFT apps won't autosave anywhere but OneDrive. It's horrible. As a long time user and big fan, I am now likely going to have to move to something else. And your big announcement of the new version of Outlook... Not about helping the user productivity in any way. Just changing the look? What…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. do not allow safe sender to be in the block sender at the same time

do not add the email in the blocked sender if its in the safe sender

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. android update time of alerts

When an outlook alert first appears on android it says "14 minutes until meeting starts"
    However, if I look at my phone an hour later, it still says "14 minutes until
    meeting starts" which can be quite confusing, since it's no longer accurate.

Suggestion/feature request: update the alert time as a meeting approaches so that if you see your phone "after an alert" it will be accurate as to how much time is remaining.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Remove dynamic display of message column headers

The dynamic display of "From" and "Subject" above the inbox is really annoying. Makes the messages move as you mouse over the area and I keep missing my click on the top message. What purpose does it serve?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Copy Contact Title Behavior

When composing an email, clicking on the contact brings up the hovering contact card. Clicking on the person's name allows me to quickly copy the text. I request the same behavior for the person's title. Current workaround is an extra step of clicking "Show More" and then copying the title.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Looks very pretty, but seriously lacking needed functionality

The New Outlook really needs to be a fit for purpose tool, its lacking so many important features that it is impossible to use as is.

• Lack Imap (and POP) support so using with anything other than a main 365 account is impossible.

• Lack display of shared mailboxes

• Lots of Addons not working / or even displaying (Citrix Files in my case)

After this I stopped looking further - its a total non starter without these basic functions. Just a pretty skin that doesn't work.

So my idea is - Get it working with basic functions then push to the…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The new Outlook interface is bland and ******* the eyes

Make the distinction between read and unread e-mails absolutely clear. It helps to have flagged e-mails in a tan shade so they now stand out. For unread e-mails, make the whole box black with reversed type so it's unmistakable they're not yet read. Once they're read, make the text not as bold in the inbox pane, like it used to be. With the new change, the only difference between read and unread e-mails is that the subject line is in blue. Also, the top menu is so light and faint and the spacing makes each item blend into the next.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow back email replies in new windows rather than nested in reading panes.

Allow back email replies in new windows rather than nested in reading panes. This was a previous feature but removed in new Outlook for Max

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 316 317
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories