OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I suggest that you should bring back the two UP and DOWN arrows on the top right hand corner of the screen when we open the microsoft outloo

I suggest that you should bring back the two UP and DOWN arrows on microsoft outlook because that greatly increases the experience of using the microsoft outlook as it helps to scroll up and down the emails. Since you removed the up and down arrows now I have to close the email I read and select the next one from the list/panel of emails. Previously I just scrolled up and down to go into my desired emails. It will be highly appreciated if you can bring back the two UP and DOWN arrows in your current version of microsoft outlook…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Letter Wizard in World for Mac!

In the previous version of Outlook for MAC there was a wizard in World for creating elements a letter by adding address of the recipient and of the sender, date and signature line plus enclosures. That feature was quite helpful and I would ask MS to re-install it again!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Change cursor from black to white in Contact Support Window

The Contact Support window in dark mode is very easy on the eyes. It is not hard to read the text messages between myself and the techs. However, it is extremely hard to see the black cursor against the dark background. Please change the cursor to white! What's the use of having white text on a dark background, with a black cursor? Thanks!

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Update the scripting dictionary, specifically:

Specific updates to the Outlook Scripting Dictionary:

1) Add in a "paste" command for outgoing messages. THis would make getting data in from Excel and other apps far easier.

2) Fix the defaults in the foward command so that the default for opening window is the safe option, not one that causes the command to fail.

3) Return the ability to run a script within a client-side rule

4) Make the signature an element of outgoing message, so that a script can set the signature even if it's different from the account default.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add more capabilities! Make it more professional.

I had Outlook 25 years ago, it was professional. I changed to Mac and have been getting by with their software for over 15 years. I just tried Outlook again and found it to be simplistic and very restrictive. It seems to be designed by children. I have 4000+ contacts and can't import them to Outlook because of its serious limitations. With Outlook, I can't include a business's website in the Address Book (“People”). I can't even make a contact for a business name like Microsoft. This is shocking. I also don't like my Calendar separated by my email addresses…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Split Outlook up in Mail and Calendar

I generally believe Microsoft has too many apps (and I'm seeing the struggle you're having in aligning them), but keeping Mail and Calendar together in Outlook is just old school and not very fit for purpose.

Mail has communication as its primary purpose. Calendar has planning. Please separate these applications both on the desktop apps as well as online! :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Rating

Please stop nagging for an app rating all the time. I am busy with work and it makes me want to give a 1 star rating.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Stop using ESC button to switch app from full screen mode to window mode . It's irritating!

Stop using ESC button to switch app from full screen mode to window mode . It's irritating!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. For Mac Outlooks that are slow to connect to the Exchange Online (>= 3 to 5 mins), provide illustration of settings needed to improve.

The article at https://support.office.com/en-us/article/advanced-exchange-account-settings-for-outlook-for-mac-22af6b87-a090-4476-8e34-6e3c5fd619ad?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US describes fields available to configure the account, but there are no examples of the field entries that could serve to make this easier to determine.

For instance, for a Mac working inside a Windows AD domain, how would the entry for "Directory Service Server" (Also known as an LDAP server. Enter the name of the server that is provided by your system administrator. This server address is commonly the same address as your Microsoft Exchange Server address, but this is not always true.)... How would this be formatted in the field? IP address, \\servername, server.domain.local, etc.?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When open a email window through clicking the notification, I hope it can go back to my previous app when I close the email window

When open a email window through clicking the notification, I hope that it can go back to my previous app or window when I close the email window

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow Inactive Office365 accounts in Outlook for Mac

We work with a number of clients and have several Office365 accounts. When I am no longer active on a client, the Office365 account for that client gets disabled. Outlook then pops up the update password panel each time I open Outlook. It looks like the only option I have is to delete the account, but I need to keep the emails for reference and retention purposes. It would be great if there was an account preference to set the Account to Inactive so that Outlook no longer attempts to update anything (email and calendar) on the Account.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Give more style & colour options for the whole Outlook for Mac

Give more style & colour options for the whole Outlook for Mac e.g. Lavender theme or grey theme or orange theme. I'm fed up of dreary blue

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Find a way to reduce or eliminate the size of the "Message Sources" Cache

Sort the size of the "Message Sources" cache.

Mine is 18GB, while the "messages" folder is less than 1GB and "Message Attachments" is less than 5GB. Why is "Message Sources" so big?

I only discovered this because Outlook had made several backups and filled my Hard Drive. I had to do some detective work to find where all this data was that was filling up my HDD and I eventually discovered the Outlook folder stored in the hidden ‘Library’ on my MacBook had around 90GB of files. This included the ‘Main Profile’ which held around 25GB and several backups of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to permanently disable MS Add-Ins to Oulook for Mac

Not everyone uses or wants to use OneNote or Customer Manager, and if you’re not using these applications, these buttons take up valuable space in the ribbon, hiding other more useful buttons - e.g. Read/Unread. I appreciate this issue is linked to screen size, and is therefore probably not an option on larger laptops or desktops screens, but it is a significant issue on smaller laptop screens.

When I raised this with MS Support, I got the following response: "we are able to reproduce it on our end and we have a confirmation that this is expected behaviour for OneNote…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Report an issue disappeared from help menu

The "Report an issue" option has disappeared from my Outlook Help menu. It's been gone for some time now, but I used to rely on it quite a bit when I found issues in the fast release builds. My Outlook client is not managed and the feature is not disabled in prefs.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Setting of used Bandwith Limitation for small WAN Links

In case of having small WLAN / WAN Connection it would be helpful to limit the Bandwidth used for up- and downloading items in the Background. This is available in one drive network settings and works fine there.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Customizable quick action icons hovering over messages

I want to be able to customize my quick action icons that appear when I hover over my messages. It's so easy to accidentally delete or archive a message when trying to mark it as important.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Transfer 'Auto Correct' preferences from one 365 account to another 365 account

Changing 365 accounts? how can we transfer our saved Autocorrects from one account to the other?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. send and Receive

How can I receive the progress page on Send/Receive

1 vote
    Vote