OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help Menu.

If you are using the New Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:  

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable to choose due date for flag

When flagging an email, it should be possible to set a due date for follow up

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use the preferences menu in outlook for Mac.

Mac Users will expect almost all of their settings options to be accessible from the preferences pane. But you have settings scattered and hidden all over the place. Trying to change your profile photo is insanely difficult. Just put all of that stuff in preferences, please. That is the expected way for mac apps.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make the Windows desktop "Outlook Today" view available as a default (preconfigured) view macOS Outlook desktop and Outlook365.

The "Outlook Today" view available on Windows 10 Outlook desktop is the best view for someone who needs to stay on top of the day's scheduled meetings and tasks (organized by due date) that require work but don't warrant a meeting or appointment. The only thing I'm seeing in the email is the number of unread items -- no subjects or "froms" displayed to distract me.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. inboxes, reading pane, and calendar feel cramped in the new outlook

Reduce the space between different sections so more relevant information can be on screen at one time

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. New Outlook does not support window tiles on 1080p

The new outlook does not support tiling two main windows on a 1080p monitor, presumably because the window minimum size is too large. This is very unfortunate because I like to have a full email window and a full calendar window side by side on a maximized secondary monitor. Please fix!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Reach out to customers and focus development on useful features instead of things like "rounded corners," etc.

I have.used Outlook probably since the first release. Always fought using anything else. Moved to Mac a few months ago. Your product for Mac is horrible. Can't have more than one calendar via IMAP, new release eliminates ability to use folders. This app, along with all other MSFT apps won't autosave anywhere but OneDrive. It's horrible. As a long time user and big fan, I am now likely going to have to move to something else. And your big announcement of the new version of Outlook... Not about helping the user productivity in any way. Just changing the look? What…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The new Outlook interface is bland and ******* the eyes

Make the distinction between read and unread e-mails absolutely clear. It helps to have flagged e-mails in a tan shade so they now stand out. For unread e-mails, make the whole box black with reversed type so it's unmistakable they're not yet read. Once they're read, make the text not as bold in the inbox pane, like it used to be. With the new change, the only difference between read and unread e-mails is that the subject line is in blue. Also, the top menu is so light and faint and the spacing makes each item blend into the next.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow users to turn OFF "Select Entire Word"

I often need to precisely select and copy text out of emails, but unlike MS Word, there does not appear to be an option in Outlook to turn off the "Select Entire Word" functionality. As a result, I have to copy chunks of text from Outlook, paste them into a text editing application and then select exactly the characters I need, or I'm forced to spend extra time deleting the extra characters from whatever application I have pasted them in. This is extremely frustrating behavior for some of us and shouldn't be forced on the users with no option to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix random highlighting that happens in Word after spell check is done

I was spell checking a paper on my MacBook Pro in Microsoft Word 365 I was writing for class and then after spell check was finished and I clicked OK, there was highlighting/shading on my text, and I tried erasing the formatting and hitting no color on shading and that did and hitting no color on highlighting and the highlighting would not disappear and I ended up contacting support and the rep suggested I redownloading my Google doc to Microsoft word and then spell check and see what happens and thankfully on the second time through it didn't highlight the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add 'Go Back' navigation option.

When the back button is pressed on a mouse, you jump to the previous window or email etc.

example: from a selected email message you click calendar. upon pressing the mouse back button or '⌘+[', you return to the previous email.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bring the SSO login pop-up to front automatically

The current SSO login pop-up often is not brought to the front automatically, and is therefore hidden. The consequence of this is that emails go unchecked for long periods of time. A better UI for this would be much appreciated.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add to Calendar

When an incoming email contains a date or time reference in the body or subject, it would be great to click on the date and choose to add the event into the Calendar module. Apple's Mail programme does this adding events into the Calendar App.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In Outlook 16.40 (20081000) the options when selecting Message | Attachments are no longer listing - I believe this is a nasty bug

In Outlook 16.40 (20081000) the options when selecting Message | Attachments are no longer listing - I believe this is a nasty bug

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In Outlook 16.40 (20081000) the options when selecting Message | Attachments are no longer listing - I believe this is a nasty bug

In Outlook 16.40 (20081000) the options when selecting Message | Attachments are no longer listing - I believe this is a nasty bug

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. macos font

I work at an organization with G Suite, and I'd like to configure Outlook replies to be "invisible" from Gmail replies.

For macOS, this means better control over fonts, and control over the custom attribution.

I set my default reply font to Arial 11, but I am reading messages in Calibre. Also, my attribution text will appear in Calibre when my message above it appears in Arial! I'd like to change the font everywhere ("On [DATE], "[NAME]" [ADDRESS] wrote:")

I'd also like to change the attribution so I can match Google's default of "On Aug 28, 2020, "... rather than…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. New outlook for Mac

I LOVE the new outlook for Mac format. However, I cannot have multiple mailboxes lined, so had to switch back.

Please can you enable this functionality so I can use both my frequently used mailbox and calenders in the new format.

Thanks in advance.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. outlook mail not shown when search

i've tried everything with this version of outlook 16.16.25, when i search the mails on top right corner it does not show up the mails.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make it possible to change/add/remove buttons in the menu in the top.

Make it possible to switch places on/add/remove the different option buttons (read/unread, in the menu

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I suggest you allow a narrower width split-screen Outlook windows.

I keep Outlook running in split-screen mode on macOS. The two windows I have open are mail messages and the calendar. This is on my 13" laptop. I'd like to make the Calendar nice and wide and the mail message fairly narrow, maybe a 1/3 2/3 split. As it is, the mail message window won't allow me to set it very narrow. The best I can get is maybe a 40/60 split.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 40 41
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories