OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help Menu.

If you are using the New Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:  

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add QR code sign in feature on Macbooks

An automatic personal QR code for each email on macbook laptops, that initiate scaning & logging in on phones

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MacOS style cursor actions for arrow keys and mouse

In Mac applications that use the standard Apple text input libraries, the cursor behaves as follows:

1. When the cursor is on the first line of a document, pressing the Up arrow key moves the cursor to the beginning of the line. Dragging up with the mouse highlights everything to the left of the cursor.

2. When the cursor is on the last line of a document, pressing the Down arrow key moves the cursor to the end of the line. Dragging down with mouse highlights everything to the right of the cursor.

In Outlook and other Microsoft Mac applications, these actions…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to remove "Send to OneNote".

Give me the ability to remove "Send to OneNote". Pleeeese! We don't use it and we don't want our employees saving files there!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I suggest you allow us to choose our own minimum height.

Outlook for Mac has a minimum height, enforcing a UI design decision on your users. Please remove this so we can use the product as we see fit.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Outlook is unable to save search folder scope setting

I have a search folder for All-Mails, though it could save the search condition, it's unable to save the search scope. I need to change the scope from "Current Folder" to "Subfolders" everytime, and every time I leave the search folder it pops up asking me if I want to save the search setting.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Stop asking me if I want to save changes when I haven't made changes

For as long as I've used Office related software, I have noticed that when I exit the program or document, I get a prompt asking me if I want to save changes, even when I haven't made any changes. I first noticed this years and years ago with Word but lately I see it with Outlook when I open up a calendar entry, click on an embedded link, then close the entry. It happens sometimes but not always. It is a trivial nuisance but I find it incredibly irritating. I do not like that the program thinks I've made a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. read dark mode

As of 23 Dec 2020 - when toggling from Dark mode to non-Dark mode the Outlook ribbon contains different buttons and its not configurable. More specifically in Dark Mode the read/unread button is no longer available. This would be super helpful to have consistent set of buttons in the ribbon regardless of mode.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Stop mucking around with the format please.

We build muscle memory and habits from buttons, search and formatting in specific locations and have to re-learn this every time some muppet decicdes things would be 'nicer' moved around.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Outlook steals focus

Outlook is very greedy with focus. Whenever you dismiss or "snooze" a reminder it brings Outlook into the foreground even if you were not using outlook at the time the reminder modal pops up.

This makes the reminders popup not very useful. Every time I get a reminder and dismiss it, Outlook decides to bring my emails and outlook windows into the foreground, which I then have to close to get back to what I was doing (and what the reminder was for in the first place).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fix a bug...

Place a checkmark next to "Ribbon" in the view menu when it is showing and remove it when it is not showing. Just make it work exactly like the "Sidebar" menu choice. Obvious fail!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. why in the world isn't the upgrade from Outlook for Mac 2011 to Mac 365 a full and complete transfer of data???

I cannot access my mailbox files, calendar or contacts without creating new default profiles and even that has not fully transferred all of my data!! Why would you do this? I cannot seem to find a decent resolution and it will take far too much time to recreate all the data I had in Outlook 2011. I want to go back, but can't as it is no longer supported.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow dates to be picked in the correct format

The date picker for new calendar items, follow-up reminders and probably other date pickers are in dumb month/date/year format instead of using the system short date format.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Stop asking me to sign up for the new Outlook

I have no doubt that the new Outlook will be great, when it supports all email protocols. Until then, please stop flashing up a notice that I must manually clear asking me to try the new version.

Please also remove the button at the top of the interface inviting me to switch versions. When the new version is actually ready for use, I'll be happy to switch to it.

Since I did not sign up to try Beta versions of your software, I do not want to be regularly reminded to do so.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. contacts

Compatibility between fields in outlook for windows and mac. They are essential for the use of searches and contact / email management.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. integrate the link to Mindmanager

Bidirectional links between elements in Outlook and MindManager work well in Outlook for PC. It would be good if this feature would be added to Outlook for Mac.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. create quiet hours for the Mac app like you do for the iOS app.

I teach from home, and I would like to be able to turn off mail notifications at 430 everyday automatically. I'd like for them to come back on automatically at 8am. I can do this on MS Teams. Perhaps an "Office Hours" that extends to push notifications on both the Mac and iOS apps would be helpful thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Restore basic functionality (add-ins) for the New Outlook for Mac

The new outlook for Mac seems to be missing some basic functionality that was available in the old version, in the form of Add-ins. Some Add-ins that are essential for my work are missing, and trying to re-enable them results in the error message"Sorry, we can't complete this operation right now. Please try again later". It seems crazy to me that Microsoft would release 'upgraded' software that lacks functionality available in the previous version.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Outlook for Mac should respect system audio output device setting

All notification sounds from Outlook for Mac are played over my built-in speakers, even though my bluetooth headphones are selected as the sound output device. I would expect Outlook for Mac to respect this setting and play all sounds over the selected system output device.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please stop asking me to stop asking me to update time settings

Outlook continually asks me to update my Location Settings (EST).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 41 42
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories