OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Invitations: Allow user changes to Reminder time and Show as status beyond Organizer updates

Invitations: Allow user changes to Reminder time to persist beyond Organizer updates to the meeting. If the user prefers a 30 minute reminder, and the Organizer set a five minute reminder, WHO DO YOU THINK YOU'RE SERVING BY DELETING THE USER'S PREFERENCE IF THE ORGANIZER UPDATES THE EVENT? I would argue that you're not serving either.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have a setting in Preferences to have the "Microsoft Teams" button enabled by default in new Outlook calendar invitations.

Now that our meetings are nearly 100% done through Teams (as opposed to meeting in a meeting room in the office), it would be so nice to have the option to set the "Microsoft Teams" button to be automatically turned on, by default. That way we don't have to remember to turn Teams on and keeps us from mistakenly sending out Calendar invites without having Teams enabled.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add URL output function on Calendar

Add URL output function on Calendar so that we can consolidate it via more apps and software by favourite

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. ISO 8601 standard week number option

Based on the ISO week number standard (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISOweekdate), the ISO 8601 definition for week 01 is the week with the first Thursday of the Gregorian year (i.e. of January) in it. So I would expect 2021 week 1 to start on January 4, 2021. Instead it shows that 2021 week 1 starts on Dec 28, 2020.

I believe the Mac version of Outlook needs the option (First week of year: "First 4-day week") that is present in the Windows version, so that we can set it to conform to the ISO definition. https://superuser.com/questions/1246132/wrong-week-number-in-outlook

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add collapsable Room List in calendar view (instead of separate rooms)

On Windows, users have the option of adding a calendar from Global Address Book. They are able to type the name of a Room List, select it and - boom - they find a collapsable section in the calendar side bar with all meeting rooms listed.

On Mac there is no such thing. One has to add each calendar one by one by name, and the resulting list is not collapsable in the side bar.

Please implement this. This is but one example of lack of feature parity between Windows and Mac Outlook client.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Notify the user that a meeting series is about to expire

As an example, users may schedule a meeting series weekly for 6 months and may forget that a meeting series is going to end at the 6 month period. We should receive an alert or automatically generated e-mail on the day of the last meeting stating that this is the last of the meetings in the series, would you like to extend or create a new series.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hide Unaccepted Meeting Invites

Currently, all calendar invites that aren't accepted show up slightly grayed out. This feature would allow you to toggle on and off showing unaccepted meeting invites so that you could see the meetings you have committed to easier with also having the option to see possible meetings as well.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add New Window button to Touch Bar when no window in focus

When Outlook is in focus, but no window exists, it would be helpful to have a Touch Bar button to open a new window, similar to the effect of clicking the dock icon or using the View -> Go To -> Mail menu bar option. Safari and (Apple) Mail have similar buttons when the application is in focus, but no window is visible.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. On calendar, change sub hourly lines dashes

Change the sub hourly lines to dashes rather than solid lines so they contract more with hourly lines. Outlook for the web is like this and much easier on the eyes.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. right click in meeting invite selects last attendee

When you are trying to add one person to a list of attendees already in the meeting invite, you naturally want to right-click in the "To" box and paste the addtional attendee. The problem is Outlook selects the last person in the invite and you end up replacing the last person in the invite with the person you want to add. It's maddening b/c if you don't know about it, you miss that you removed someone from the invite. Please do not have a right-click select the last attendee.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow me to manually book focus time in Outlook

I like the Focus Time feature that puts Focus Time on my calendar. But often I would like to add more Focus Time. How can I do that?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Outlook for MAC - Request to print Franklin Planner Format

In Outlook Windows Version you can print the calendar in various formats, I specifically would like top print the calendar in the Franklin Planner format 2 1/2 pages on 1 sheet just like a Day Runner or Franklin Planner.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow recipients of a calendar invite, either a meeting or appointment, to be able to edit the invitation title

I want to be able to edit the title of received invites. Reason being, I want to have the same protocol on my calendar for MEETS, CALLS, ACTIONS etc. Senders operate to different ways of working but without editing it, my calendar is a mess. Clearly, if the invite is updated by the sender, I may need to reedit the invite.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Remove warning about a meeting invitation not having a location

When I create a meeting in Outlook, I get a nag-o-gram if I don’t put in a location saying, “You have not specified a location for this meeting.” All of our meetings are remote now so none have locations and this is getting rather annoying. Please remove the warning, or add an option to let us disable it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. the ability to send a meeting invitation at a scheduled time

create an invitation but let it sit on the outbox until a specific time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Update booking appointment by inserting non-Teams meeting with plugin

Appointments created by Bookings do not have the ability to use add-ons to insert video call information generated by Webex or Google Meets. Would love to see those items available as well.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When opening calendar, the focus should show current time.

Currently when opening the calendar, the focus is on a time range which starts several hours from now. I want to see what is happening now.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Can we get a way to highlight the current day in the Work Week, Week, Month & List views?

If you look at the monthly calendar view - you're already almost there. Portions of the calendar that are in a different month have a grey background.

Excellent - now extend that idea with an option to put "Today" in a different background colour than the other days in the current Week/Month/List.

Another idea is to create an option to make days other than "Today" have a different colour background.

Please do this everywhere you display appointments/meetings other than the "Today" view.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Removing one calendar invite on a series issue

Wanted to provide a defect. When you are in the outlook calendar view and you have a meeting series, if you right click and try to just ‘remove occurrence’, it deletes the remainder of the series invites. (Mac iOS - version 16.35)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 48 49
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories