OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. open smart folders in separate window

I have Smart Folders saved and I want to open a new Main Window and click the Smart Folder and see the results (for example, things like Received Today, or things group by text in a subject). But right now, when I click on the saved Smart Folder in a new Main Window, the bar across the top of the Main Window says Searching All Mail. What I want is since the Smart Folder has a saved name, can the name of that Smart Folder be displayed in the top bar of the Main Window in which the saved Smart…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Encoding at Template in Japanese Env.

I use "ISO-2022-JP" as my main encoding in Outlook 2019, and I also set the "Preferred encoding method for new messages" to "ISO-2022-JP" in my Outlook preferences.
    Now, after I created a new message and saved it as a template, I checked the source of the saved template and the encoding was "ISO-2022-JP". But when I opened it in Outlook and sent it, it was encoded as "UTF-8" when I received it. This means that Outlook will automatically convert the encoding. So I'd like to see the behavior changed so that "when I open an email saved in a template,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I would like you to enlarge the opportunity to transfer emails within Outlook to folders from 10 to say 20.

I would like you to enlarge the opportunity to transfer emails within Outlook to a list that i can make of folders from the current list of 10 folders to be able to make the list of 20 or so folders. There is lots of room for that opportunity to be available once one opens the envelope at the top of the page where it says "Move".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. View full email addresses in To line of email

When composing a message when I add people to the To: or CC: lines they show up as "friendly" names. I can't find any way to view the explicit email address that this will go to. This causes multiple frustrations and misdirected emails, as some mailing lists show up as people's names and some people have multiple email addresses that I want to be able to choose between.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. make it possible to both arrange emails by conversation AND put all emails flagged for followup at the top.

Allow users to arrange email by conversation AND have all emails that are flagged for follow up stay at the top of the list.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. RSS feeds for outlook 2016 for MAC

RSS feeds through outlook

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I suggest you correct the Turkish translation for "From" and "To" in the "Order By" selection menu.

The translation for "From" and "To" selections in the "Order by" menu in mail is utterly wrong! This is a disgrace for Microsoft. Microsoft, which has been in Turkey for decades, should do better!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Political Email Countermeasure Rule Template

Based on the high number of Political emails, it would be great if you folks could provide a mail rule template(s) for customers to use. While I consider my skills with MS Office to be 'above average, I struggle to build a mail 'RULE' that works effectively. They use hundreds of email addresses to circumvent any attempt to block their harassment emails. I would love to have a mail filter rule to protect against the on-slot of campaign donation requests. It's so pervasive; I am confident that many users would pay for such a pre-configured Rule(s) to defend against this…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Improve Mail filtering RUELS...

I receive more than 100 political Robo emails a day. The rules I set to block them is mediocre at best. They use an algorithm that somehow bypasses my Rule(s), or they slightly change their email Address to punch through. It would be helpful if all mail addresses that are not in my Address book on any of my accounts are 'AUTOMATICALLY' blocked/trashed/or sent to the Junk Folder. I value my email address, and I don't want to change it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add Mail Feedback button...

Add a 'Feedback' button in the upper right-hand corner of the mail module like you have in Edge. I stumbled upon this page by accident. Microsoft Edge for the Mac has phenomenal potential, and it's now my de' facto favorite browser/mail software that I have ever used.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Drag open email message to 2nd monitor

For some reason I can not drag an open email message. It stays in front of my inbox. I would like to be able to drag an open message over to my 2nd monitor.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Moveable Drafts Window

Instead of having to click a draft to minimise it, please consider the ability to drag said draft around the window. It makes it easier when copying and pasting content/email addresses etc.
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I suggest you not to limit custom dictionary size.

It is quite weird to get this message: "The custom dictionary is full. The word has not been added."

What is the limit? Is it really necessary?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Block email from (accidental) premature sending

Add a feature (either a button that you can press in the window) or a symbol that you can add to the sender-field, that makes it impossible accidentally send the email before you have finished it (e.g. by pressing Command/Ctrl+Enter). In order to send it you have to "unpress" the button/remove the symbol. This way you wouldn't have to remove the emails to your recipients to prevent the email from sending unfinished.

Addition: If you try to send it, a pop-up-message tells you why you can not send it if you have accidentally used this feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. "Other email address" option on From field

In Outlook for Mac you cannot Send-As from certain accounts because there is no option to choose "other email address" as there is on Windows Outlook and other clients like Outlook on the web.

The ability would mirror this: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/send-email-from-a-different-address-in-outlook-on-the-web-86024662-75ab-40d5-b32c-39690d7a0b34

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. "To:" instead of "From" on the Sent messages - Search

I select "Sent" because I want to find an email sent, the "Search" space, when I type/select the name, should be "To:" not "From:"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When searching in the sent folder the parameter should be defaulted as "to:" vs "from:"

When I search for an email I've sent to a specific person in the sent folder the default parameter is "from:" which does not make sense since all emails in my sent folder should be from me. The default should be updated to be "to:" in the sent folder. This was the case on the previous version of Outlook but since upgrading to 365 this functionality no longer exists.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Enable OAuth Login Feature to Add Mail Accounts

Mail Account provider Sky Yahoo, have introduced new requirements for adding their Mail Accounts to other programs, e.g. OUTLOOK (desktop). Yahoo has removed the feature for generating a third-party App Password, so it is not now possible to add an existing or new account to OUTLOOK. The implication is that Microsoft Outlook needs to be updated to enable add/use some Mail Accounts. Outlook IOS seems unaffected, so I would like to suggest that Microsoft Outlook introduces an OAuth style feature.

Meanwhile, I cannot use my primary sky Yahoo email on my Office 365 Outlook for Mac and have had to…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Unread Emails

I am using Outlook on iMac and I find it difficult to find unread emails in case an email is too old. It shows count of unread emails but where are they?
    If there could be a tab where we see the unread email that would amazing

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 152 153
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac