OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customizable quick action icons hovering over messages

I want to be able to customize my quick action icons that appear when I hover over my messages. It's so easy to accidentally delete or archive a message when trying to mark it as important.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change "@group distribution" to automatically delete the email address when you remove the "@group disto" in the body of the email

Make group email lists and individual emails automatically inserted with the "@ tags" in the body of an email behave similarly.

When you use the "@" tagging feature and type a persons name in the body of an email (like "@yoda") that persons email is automatically inserted in the "To" line and will become a recipient (e.g. yoda@starwars.com). If you delete their @ mention in the body of the email, their email address is automatically deleted as as sender.

The same is NOT TRUE for group email lists. If you use the @ feature and tag an email distribution…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. please resolve "Outlook is not optimized for your mac" issues

I think outlook should be optimized for the latest versions of MacOS as soon as possible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Use the last used settings as default when setting a recurrence on an appointment, instead of always defaulting to the same thing

when setting a calendar recurrence, outlook ALWAYS defaults to a weekly recurrence, ending by a year from now. well, as I've never had that particular need for recurrence, why not use the last selected settings? For example, I often set a recurrence of daily, end after 5 occurrences. Why can't this be an automatically created default after I've done it a couple times?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I would appreciate it if I could make a contact "list form" on my office for Mac like I can do with my office for windows.

how can i get a "list" form in the "view" option on my Microsoft office app for Mac for my contacts like I can do with my Microsoft office app for my PC ? Thank you Harry Mison

hmison@optonline.net

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Reminder window pulsate when 5 mins out

When an upcoming event is X minutes out (user gets to set how much time) the event's highlighted line in the reminder window will flash, blink, or pulsate, etc. (again, user gets to decide style of blinking and color).

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make the default alert 2 hours for any meetings taking place before 10:30 AM.

A 15-minute reminder does you no good when a morning commute is in front of you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Keyboard shortcut for switching background of message, instead of only a mouse action

While sorting out whether to allow a choice of default for message background (dark or light) in dark mode, how about adding a keyboard shortcut (or a menu item) for switching background instead of only deploying a mouse action (which means a lot of keyboard/mouse activity just to view messages more comfortably?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. pin calendar and contacts and tasks on the side like in the windows outlook version

pin calendar and contacts and tasks on the side like in the windows outlook version

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. "CALL IN" Option for Meeting Invitation

Adjust the Invitation Response Options:

- Yes, I'll Attend... IN PERSON
    - Yes, I'll Attend... CALLING IN
    - Maybe
    - No

Meeting Rooms are booked based on the number of attendees that say they will be attending a meeting. BUT there is no option to say that someone is calling in vs attending in person. So Meeting Rooms are booked based on the "YES" responses but the room size may be far larger than is necessary because of those calling in.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add the option to "Pick A New Color While Replying Or Forwarding" in Outlook for MACOS.

We desperately need the "Pick A New Color While Replying Or Forwarding" option to be included in Outlookfor MACOS. We have these serpentine threads all the time and without this feature, it just makes things so much more difficult to manage. Please bring it in!! Thanks much!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Look into the flickering screen issue associated with Outlook and iMac 2015

There is an issue that others seem to be having when using Outlook on a late 2015 iMac. We have 3 employees at my company with late 2015 Retina 5K iMacs (27", 3.2GHz Intel Core i5 Processor and 8GB 1867 MHz DDR3 Memory) whose screens will flicker and turn white/black, but when they restart it fixes the issue for a day. Then it happens again. It seems to happen when Outlook is open, which we are constantly using, and from another forum, it seems to be happening to many other people with this same exact model iMac and Outlook. Apple…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please add the option to have multiple tabs at the top of the Add-In window in Outlook for Mac. So it will be easier to switch between diffe

Please add the option to have multiple tabs at the top of the Add-In window in Outlook for Mac. So it will be easier to switch between different add-ins in the same sidebar.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. read receipts for ALL emails!!!

I have important emails sent out when i may forget to select read receipt on. please make it so that we can save it for ALL emails sent out! This is available on other platforms but i love outlook client... this is the only fault.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Email all contacts in a "Shared Contacts" Group

Currently, you can share contact groups with others, but there is no way to email everyone in a "Shared Contacts" group. Please add this feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a view that allows pages to be nested under the sections they were created within, in the OneNote application.

Add views that allow pages to be nested under the sections they were created within, in the OneNote application. The aim of this to slim down the side panel to see more content without resizing for smaller screens. Alternatively, tab the sections across the top (under the ribbon), and then leave the page navigation to be on the left or right side of the window (optional) for each tab (section) above.
    View/layout options are too limited.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Apply rule now

Need an action to execute rules on an entire folder. Having to apply a rule to one message at a time in the Junk Mail folder is painful. I have created several hundred rules to automatically delete junk, repetitive emails. These emails will change their wording every week and I have to keep updating the rules for the new changes. I also hate that I cannot send these emails somewhere for analysis as I think it is a phishing email with the buried information hidden in a fake pdf document.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Need to all the server side rules to be copied to client side rules.

Need to allow server side rules to be copied to client side rules and vice-versa

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sort all items correctly when searching

When searching 'All Items' in Outlook, if the search returns results that are not standard emails, then those results will be displayed as if they are the newest items, regardless of the actual date displayed on the item.

Search "From" in Outlook for Mac, and it should return just about every item in your mailbox. If you now try to sort by date, the majority of items will go to the correct place, but some will end up being sorted to the very top. The same search in Outlook for Windows shows me the expected results, all items sorted correctly…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 288 289
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base