OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help Menu.

If you are using the New Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:  

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add QR code sign in feature on Macbooks

An automatic personal QR code for each email on macbook laptops, that initiate scaning & logging in on phones

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Address book buttons when composing new messages

When composing a new message, the address book button is on the right side of the To, CC and Bcc fields, on the opposite side of the header names (To, CC, Bcc). Depending on the size of the message window, the address book button can be very far from the header name. These buttons also make the To, CC, Bcc fields more cluttered.

Update the New Message window so the "To", "CC" and "Bcc" are actual buttons which can be clicked on to open the address book. This is how the New Message window works in Outlook for Windows.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. MacOS style cursor actions for arrow keys and mouse

In Mac applications that use the standard Apple text input libraries, the cursor behaves as follows:

1. When the cursor is on the first line of a document, pressing the Up arrow key moves the cursor to the beginning of the line. Dragging up with the mouse highlights everything to the left of the cursor.

2. When the cursor is on the last line of a document, pressing the Down arrow key moves the cursor to the end of the line. Dragging down with mouse highlights everything to the right of the cursor.

In Outlook and other Microsoft Mac applications, these actions…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to remove "Send to OneNote".

Give me the ability to remove "Send to OneNote". Pleeeese! We don't use it and we don't want our employees saving files there!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I suggest you roll up the new email counters to parent folders

I have sub folders in my inbox for different departments, vendors, and clients. Within each of those sub folders I have sub departments and eventually all the way down to individuals (in some cases). this keeps my inbox very organized. however, when I collapse the tree structure I cannot see if new emails have come in. I have to have the entire tree expanded (which negates keeping things clean). It would amazing if the collapsed branches had the number of new emails in the lower folders in parentheses . Technically I could collapse each of the branches so only the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The function to edit received Mails (f.e. to comment) is missing!

Please bring back the function to edit received mails in the inbox.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Show teams status in outlook like it did for Skype.

In outlook being able to see teams status right from a calendar or email with lots of people is on the windows version but not on the Mac version.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add a way to specify the default "folder" when doing Address Book searches in Outlook.

In Outlook for Windows, I can specify the default folder/source to use when searching the Address Book for a contact. The Mac seems to be missing this feature. When I open the Address Book (either directly or clicking the icon when composing a message), I am always taken to the company directory (we have Microsoft 365 Business Premium). I would like to set the default for searches to be All Folders (which should probably be the default setting, anyway). I should be able to select any one of the folders as the default search source.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I suggest you allow us to choose our own minimum height.

Outlook for Mac has a minimum height, enforcing a UI design decision on your users. Please remove this so we can use the product as we see fit.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I suggest you add a status bar showing the size of the mail box

This will show both the used size and remaining size of both the main mailbox and achieve mailbox so that a user can be able to plan early in relation to reducing the size or budget to buy more space.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Option to have emails with no answer come back at the top of the inbox after a certain period of time

With a lot of emails being sent out with requests from people, it becomes difficult to keep track of who has or has not answered in due time.

I would like to have a feature where I can choose to set a reminder on some sent emails if those people don't answer. Eg I send an email to Sam, if Sam doesn't answer on that thread in 2 days (or any number of days/time i select), that email would appear on the top of my inbox again.

Eg

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow User to Disable "Email Organizer" Toggle When Accept/Deny Meeting Invite

In the settings/preferences, allow users to default toggle on/off "Email Organizer" toggle when receiving a meeting invite.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Outlook is unable to save search folder scope setting

I have a search folder for All-Mails, though it could save the search condition, it's unable to save the search scope. I need to change the scope from "Current Folder" to "Subfolders" everytime, and every time I leave the search folder it pops up asking me if I want to save the search setting.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. support for teams calls direct from outlook

MS Teams has not (as of Teams Version 1.3.00.30874 on Mac) does not have column/fields to identify a contact's company (I have many 'contacts' that are businesses, not just a person), so it's often easier to work in outlook for contact management etc. It would be helpful to integrate teams calling into Outlook, so a user can right click (hit a button, do something...) to call a contact in Outlook via teams calling.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Stop asking me if I want to save changes when I haven't made changes

For as long as I've used Office related software, I have noticed that when I exit the program or document, I get a prompt asking me if I want to save changes, even when I haven't made any changes. I first noticed this years and years ago with Word but lately I see it with Outlook when I open up a calendar entry, click on an embedded link, then close the entry. It happens sometimes but not always. It is a trivial nuisance but I find it incredibly irritating. I do not like that the program thinks I've made a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I suggest you make it clearer whether RSVP's are requested for Outlook calendar events

The absence of visible cues such as check boxes for the Request Response button in Outlook invitations makes it difficult to avoid receiving hundreds of unwanted RSVP's to Outlook invitations to large groups. The graying out of the adjacent button is insufficient. At the very least, you should make the mouseover text for the Request Response button change depending on the current toggle position of that condition. The mouseover text should read “do not request RSVP” or "Do not request response" when the Request Response button is toggled to requesting responses; it should read “Request RSVP” or "Request Responses" only…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Likes on Mac

On the Mac Desktop app - allow people to like emails and see likes on messages like you can on the web app!!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 324 325
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories