OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help Menu.

If you are using the New Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:  

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Limit attachment storage in Outlook for Mac.

Limit attachment storage in Outlook for Mac?

I have Outlook for Mac running on my Macbook for Gmail. There is something like 38GB of attachments stored on my computer. However, these are on the Gmail cloud. My laptop regularly runs out of disk space.

I would like to have the ability to limit the amount of storage used by attachments in Outlook (perhaps only download attachments from the last 2 months, and delete from the local disk the rest).

Thanks in advance -- David

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Localize spelling of 'Favorites' in the Sidebar for Canada/UK users

There are no options to rename the 'Favorites' folder for those of us in Canada or the UK who spell it 'Favourites'. Please add this option, thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Review compatibility between new Outlook for Mac and imap accounts.

This issue was highlighted when sent mail in new Outlook for Mac was not synced to iPhone and server.

Fixing this issue will significantly improve new performance of Outlook for Mac, and minimise loss of email data.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Adapt "Show As:" appoinment availability selector for work-from-home or hybrid work arrangement

The current availability selector for appointments reads as:
    - Free
    - Tentative
    - Busy
    - Out of Office

I'm currently on a hybrid work-from-home environment, and I want to set myself as "In the office" on certain days.

"Out of Office" doesn't imply unavailability anymore, as most of my work is not in the office, but at home.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. correct Outlook - contacts

I am a long time pc and outlook user. I recently bought a Mac. Installed 365 office apps and added my three accounts to outlook - 1. outlook, 2. gmail, 3. iCloud. Mail works fine - but I only see contacts in my outlook account. I don't see gmail or iCloud people on Outlook. Can you fix this?

Additionally, on new outlook - Although I see all three accounts, they are three separate accounts. It would be nice to see a consolidated view of my contacts for all three accounts.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I suggest you ...

Provide a means of showing which rules / sweep rules apply to a given message.

Maintaining a robust set of rules to manage high volume email accounts is difficult. Often one adds new rules that might require changes to existing rules. Today, that involves a manual search of rules and sweep settings.

Having the ability to "show applicable rules" for a given message - with links to edit individual rules shown would greatly simplify this task.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Stop turning outlook app into an internet web page

I would like the Outlook app to be independent of web/internet pages. I hate it when an email link stays in my outlook screen and only possible options are to select to open web link into your web browser or second option is click back in order to return to outlook. FREAKING ANNOYING!!!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Pup-up email contact

When we spend with the evening on the e-mail contact, a small pupup window opens.

It will be good to add in your pupup a small icon with "Add a new contact"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Restore On My Computer Files

For some crazy reason, Office for Mac is removing widely used features. It's like they don't understand how customers use their products. Old Word and ppt for example used to open files the way they were closed. Now you have to reformat every time you open the same file. They must be outsourcing software upgrade to save money.

Re Outlook, many people use On My Computer Folders. They allow back ups and saving of email stored on servers. Mac Mail allows unlimited folders for storing old emails. Why did Outlook remove this feature? It's another sign of incompetence.

Currently Outlook…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fix Outlook so it doesn't ask me to re-enter my password every morning.

Fix Outlook so it reconnects without dialogs when my laptop VPN/web connection goes down and up. I've been working from home this entire pandemic, and every day when I wake my laptop VPN has timed out. Outlook puts up a dialog saying it can't connect and would I like to re-enter my password. Some of my colleagues fell for that and actually do re-enter their passwords, but of course that is not necessary and is just a waste of their time.

Can you imaging what it would be like if every application on my laptop put up a dialog just…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. make it possible to integrate custom email-accounts in the new Outlook styling

In the existing (old) Outlook Design I have a customer Account email and calendar integrated that helps me to have a good overview over my mails and appointments.
    as soon as I switch to the "new Outlook" the customer account email and calendar are not shown any more. It seems so be a bug, because all other informations are displayed right.
    Please make it possible to fetch ALL saved data like mail accounts and calendar integrations also in the new design style.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Archive context menu

The "Archive" option in the Mac - Right Click context menu is pretty bothersome. It's right below the Delete. Which means I now have lost count on the number of times I have gone to Delete a message, accidentally Archived it, then had to hunt around for the Archive folder and delete the message from there again

I reached out to Support and was told there is NO option to customise the context menu?

I have had to switch to a 3rd party Outlook client - which essentially is not even ideal.

Why can't the Archive option just be removed…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please add the forward, delete, reply and reply all features in e-mail when viewing it in the preview pane. This feature

Please add the forward, delete, reply and reply all features in e-mail when viewing it in the preview pane. This features are available for Outlook for Windows. These features are usually located by the timestamp of the e-mail.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make behavior for change meeting recurrences to not apply for meetings that occurred in the past

Currently, when you make changes for a meeting series, the Calendar makes changes for all recurring instances, even for past meetings. Please change it so that the edit will be applied for only future meeting occurrences for the series.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I should be able to right click on a category and select "Collapse Categories". This function is available on Outlook when used on a PC.

I know that I can collapse the categories in an inbox by going to "View" etc, but they just revert back to expanded.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. This is not a new Feature it is Giving us back control in Apple iOS

In previous versions, if we set the size of the app window and closed the app using the quit feature by right clicking on the icon in the menu bar, the size we desired would be come the norm when opening. Then when we closed the app using the red button, it would retain the size and all was glorious and we CUSTOMERS were happy campers. However, since the last upgrade, you have unlinked this continuity and have unhinged WE, The USERS, CUSTOMERS AND THE ONES WHO BUY AND USE YOUR APPLICATION. Now, please be so kind as to fix…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. give the option to configure the action icons on the email lines

The current look allows me to remove the columns that display the action icons that allow to delete or archive the email on the focussed line. The "New Outlook" does not allow that, and places those icons in the middle of the line where I click on them by accident all the time.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Extension Idea

I would love to have an extension that allows me to email a webpage directly from Google Chrome using Microsoft Outlook.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. disable the mail sent message banner

Definitely not needed, annoying new pop-up banner: "Mail sent". Please provide an enable/disable control in PREFERENCES > NOTIFICATIONS.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please allow exporting of Tasks

Please allow exporting of Tasks, I want to be able to back them up and having no option is wild. It says you can back up / export them as part of exporting all your data on some Microsoft help page, but when I actually tried to do that it wouldn't work. Not having a back-up option makes me feel like my data is one crash / failure away from being wiped out and I'll change if I can find a better app that allows it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 377 378
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base