OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please help!

I’m using the iphone6 mail app. Several emails in my IPhone mail inbox refuse to move out of it to another folder. They have already move in the Outlook I nline version. How do I move them on iPhone 6 app?
    Thanks, Juliette

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using Outlook for Mac.

If you are currently using the Insider Fast version or willing to opt in please contact the in-app support team for further assistance. You can contact in-app support by going to the Help tab at the top of your screen> then choose Outlook Help from the drop down menu.

If you are currently Insider Slow, Production, or those words don’t mean anything to you and you’re not sure, please refer to our answers forum by using the following link: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2016-macoutlook/

We look forward to assisting you with your questions in those locations. J

If you have a feature you would like to see added to the app in the future please let us know.

All the best

The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: We…

2. Please add multiple time-zone support to Outlook on the Mac.

In the Windows version of Outlook, I can display two timezones on the left of the calendar. This feature appears to be missing from Outlook on the Mac.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. swipe right to mark as unread

Add "Mark as Unread" to the list of gestures when swiping right

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good news.

You can now customize the message list swipe gestures. Under Preferences > Reading > Swipe Gestures you can choose from Delete, Archive, Mark as Read, Flag, or None.

This is available starting in our March production release, version 16.11

Thanks,
    Outlook for Mac team

4. Make Swipe to Reveal Delete Optional

I find the new swipe to reveal Delete/Trash too easy to accidentally trigger. Please add a setting to turn off Swipe Gestures.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good news.

You can now customize message list swipe gestures. Under Preferences > Reading > Swipe Gestures you can choose from Delete, Archive, Mark as Read, Flag, or None.

This is available starting in our March production release, version 16.11

Thanks,
    Outlook for Mac team

5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Need to show a second timezone in the Mac version. This feature in the Windows version of Outlook is very helpful for teams with people

I need to show a second time zone in the Apple Mac version of Outlook calendar. This feature in the Windows version of Outlook is very helpful for teams with people in multiple time zones. It greatly reduces errors in scheduling for global teams. Without it, I'll likely go back to the Apple Calendar.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Back Up

I think there should be an option to create back up for all the email files/folder/messages just as you have in Outloom 2007 in Windows. In Windows its creats a .pst file something similar should be available in mac also.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "connected to too many services"

Please fix Outlook for Mac problem where message says "You are connected to too many services"

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using Outlook for Mac.

If you are currently using the Insider Fast version or willing to opt in please contact the in-app support team for further assistance. You can contact in-app support by going to the Help tab at the top of your screen> then choose Outlook Help from the drop down menu.

If you are currently Insider Slow, Production, or those words don’t mean anything to you and you’re not sure, please refer to our answers forum by using the following link: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2016-macoutlook/

We look forward to assisting you with your questions in those locations. J

If you have a feature you would like to see added to the app in the future please let us know.

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: We…

9. Fix bug in office.js support for custom properties

So in my Outlook Add-In (Office.js) I'm setting some custom properties to an calendar event, using following code:

const item = Office.context.mailbox.item;
    item.loadCustomPropertiesAsync((result) => {
    const props = result.value;
    props.set("my_prop", "some value");
    props.saveAsync((saveResult) => {
    console.log("SAVE_CUSTOM_PROP", saveResult);
    });
    });

And it works fine, on a newly created event, after I save it and open it again, I can access the custom property value using following code:

const item = Office.context.mailbox.item;
    item.loadCustomPropertiesAsync((result) => {
    const props = result.value;
    const my_data = props.get("my_prop");
    console.log(my_data);
    });

**However** when I open an **existing event**, with or without custom properties being set, the custom properties…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

We look forward to assisting you with your questions in those locations. 

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: We are unfortunately not able to see replies…

10. pop up notification outlook rules-created-subfolders

Not receiving pop up notifications for outlook rules-created-subfolders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

11. Rules for IMAP on a Mac

There is a glitch in the Rules creation using IMAP. When you create a "move" it sends a duplicate email to the folder

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

12. Folder selection

I like to keep the “Inbox” under “All Accounts” selected. However, when I minimize outlook and then open it back up it has switched the focus to my default account inbox. It didn’t do this before. Can that be addressed. I’d like the focus/the folder I had selected, to not be switched by the program logic.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

We look forward to assisting you with your questions in those locations.

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: We are unfortunately not able to see replies to…

13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

14. Set up Outlook and all of Office for Mac to work with the new MacBook Pro Touch-bar

Set up Outlook and all of Office for Mac to work with the new MacBook Pro Touch-bar

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  23 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create Unified Folder s for email

Are there any plans to introduce unified email folders (i.e. displaying multiple email accounts in one folder (inbox /sent/deleted) as well as separate accounts. I have managed to emulate this using message rules (all accounts copied to one ) which only works so far. - The problem is deleting emails dosen’t work because 2 copies exist.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

16. Please enable better compatibility for Outlook for Mac enterprise signature as currently there is no way to force enterprise signature.

When we are on office 2011 mac we were able to enable enterprise signature through GPO/Script but now that is not possible on Outlook 2016

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for submitting this request, we’re a team that’s in charge of reading and reporting all feedback from users to our development teams.

We do want to get this type of suggestion to the correct team so we have forwarded this information and we have also created a similar suggestion in our new UserVoice for Mac Enterprise section.

For ideas related to Mac enterprise please send those to our new feedback section titled Outlook for Mac – Business or use the following link: https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

We look forward to seeing feedback from you in the future!

17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

18. 「Bug feedback」Reply all

My outlook will shut down itself sometimes when I reply all, which happens very frequently.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

19. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

20. Correct Rules "Help"

The Help menu description, "Create a rule in Outlook 2016 for Mac," is inaccurate.

For example, it states: "On the Home tab, click Rules, and then click Create Rule."

There is no "Create Rule."

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base