OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make the view of shared calendars side-by-side

When viewing multiple, shared calendars, the current feature overlaps the various calendars within one column. This irregular presentation makes it difficult to see free/busy information. The PC version creates separate columns, side-by-side, for each shared calendar. The PC implementation would be better for viewing and understanding each participant's availability for meeting coordination.

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Completed  ·  17 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Synchronise Follow-up Flag

I use both Outlook for Windows and Outlook for Mac (on different computers) in conjunction with my companies Exchange account. When I unflag an email via Outlook for Windows or OWA, it does not get unflagged in Outlook for Mac when I next open it.

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ADAL / MFA

The Outlook for Mac client needs to support Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). The other Mac Office 2016 clients have support, why was support not included in Outlook. This is a very important enterprise feature, please work to quickly support it.

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. support RTL language such as Hebrew and Arabic

native support for native RTL is critical to effectively use Office.
    Lack of this feature forces the usage of other alternative (Pages?) and complicates things since you create in Pages and export to word/pdf when sharing with others.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using Outlook for Mac.

If you are currently using the Insider Fast version or willing to opt in please contact the in-app support team for further assistance. You can contact in-app support by going to the Help tab at the top of your screen> then choose Outlook Help from the drop down menu.

If you are currently Insider Slow, Production, or those words don’t mean anything to you and you’re not sure, please refer to our answers forum by using the following link: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2016-macoutlook/

We look forward to assisting you with your questions in those locations. J

If you have a feature you would like to see added to the app in the future please let us know.

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: We…

6. It would be great if the latest office fast insider build didn't keep asking for me to sign in when starting outlook.

Outlook for mac 16.20 (181031) keeps asking me to sign into office 365 whenever I start it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using Outlook for Mac.

If you are currently using the Insider Fast version or willing to opt in please contact the in-app support team for further assistance. You can contact in-app support by going to the Help tab at the top of your screen> then choose Outlook Help from the drop down menu.

If you are currently Insider Slow, Production, or those words don’t mean anything to you and you’re not sure, please refer to our answers forum by using the following link: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2016-macoutlook/

If you have a feature you would like to see added to the app in the future please let us know.

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

7. I suggest you fix the problem with Outlook for Mac (Office 365) that happens when you press the x to temporarily shut down the Outlook.

When you use red X mark to close the application, Outlook cannot remember the last selected folder as a user can open multiple main windows at the same time with different folders selected. It's by design.
    Outlook will show you the first email account which you have added when you simply close the application by clicking on the red 'X' mark. (Not the default account but the first email account you have added to Outlook).
    When you close Outlook using Outlook -> Quit Outlook or, right click on dock Outlook icon -> Quit, Outlook should show you the last selected…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

8. Fix Shared Mailboxes

Using "shared mailbox" accounts does not work in Outlook for Mac. Emails are received to these accounts on program startup, but not thereafter. I've reported this to support multiple times, but they seem to have a lot of trouble troubleshooting this/identifying the issue. I've even tried this on multiple Office 365 accounts and have been able to reproduce in the last several versions of Outlook for Mac (it's been around for at least 1 year).

It's very easy to reproduce. Just create a shared mailbox in Office 365 admin (not a group, but a "shared mailbox"). And send yourself an…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

9. I cannot filter out recent emails. I run "OutlookSearchRepair", but this does not work when I shut down the PC and reboot.

I run "OutlookSearchRepair", but this does not work when I shut down the PC and reboot.
    I use Japanese version and I found two colleagues having the same problem.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

10. Fix IMAP Root Folder

The IMAP Root Folder setting is not working in Outlook for Mac for years now. The Windows version abides by this setting and will show folders correctly. On IMAP servers who require the root folder to be set (for example "INBOX"), Outlook has this setting but ignores it, showing all the IMAP server folders as childs under Inbox. This is infuriating, please fix :D

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

11. Fix layout issue

Go back to the old layout constraints, where I could have 3 panels (in the mail view) on a half screen of a 13" rMBP (at the highest resolution - so there's plenty of pixels to work with). A few months back the behavior changed and now it force-collapses the folder pane, not allowing me to size the panes myself It was an inelegant step backward in functionality.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

12. CRISIS : What should I do?

I accidentally selected "delete all" mail and it cleared all of my inboxes. how do I retrieve it back?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

13. Fix Applescript access to Outlook Current Messages, broken if Reminders window is open

In Outlook 2016 on Mac, if you use AppleScript to access Outlook's "current messages" object, it FAILS if the Outlook Reminders window is open.

"Current Messages" is (should be) an object or property of the mail window and should not be affected by the presence or state of the Reminders window.

This is very annoying, it interferes with automation of handling emails.

BETTER YET .... BRING VBA TO OUTLOOK ON MAC. :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

16. Have email from external accounts linked in outlook.com also appear in outlook 2016 Mac.

When I add a gmail account to my outlook.com web mail via map the gmails show up in the web client but not in the Outlook 2016 Mac application. It seems like linked external email accounts should appear in both clients no matter where the link is created.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

17. Outlook for mac 2016 activate update 16.17 (180909)

I did a recent update to my outlook for mac 2016. I can still run word, excel on volume license, but all of a sudden, I am being asked to "ACTIVATE" my outlook account??

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

All the best

The Outlook Mobile Team

19. Please fix this bug: MailMerge Word-> Outlook crashes with "Umlaute" (ä,ü, ö) in html format

Please fix this bug: When mail merging from Word to Outlook (Office for Mac 2016), the Email Mail Merge to "html format" crashes 100% of the time, if there are "Umlaute" in the original Word Text (ä,ö,ü). Please, it's 2018 and there are other countries/languages than English :-)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

20. A minor gripe.

Messages that go into the junk folder show up marked as unread even though that is not the case. A little bug fix needed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

All the best

The Outlook Mobile Team

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base