OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customizable quick action icons hovering over messages

I want to be able to customize my quick action icons that appear when I hover over my messages. It's so easy to accidentally delete or archive a message when trying to mark it as important.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable Office users to delete paper sizes for printing

Even with my Mac default paper size for printing at "Letter," when I try to print e-mails from Outlook or documents from the other Office programs the default within the program switches to A4 and I end up with a failed print job and having to reset the shared office printer so other jobs can go through. I would LOVE to have no standard paper sizes other than Letter and Legal, and no specialties that were not envelopes or labels. We stock nothing else, in our office, and have stocked nothing else in over 13 years.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. you allow past meetings and/or dates to automatically shade a certain color

In order to differentiate present date and meetings from past meetings, shade the calendar, or meetings a different color. Ex: Meeting from last week is not mistaken from meeting this week because it automatically is darkened because it is a past event. Maybe the week is shaded differently as wel..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Set Automatic Replies in Outlook for Mac app

I cannot find the 'Set Automatic Replies' feature anywhere in the Outlook app for Mac OSx. As a result, I need to set these automatic responses on the Outlook web service or on my iPhone app. When I do set up automatic responses (with a set expiration date) on OWS web or my phone, they seem to turn off without warning anyway after a few hours. Not convenient!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I suggest you add CalDav support to Outlook for Mac.

Corporate mail server is CalDave - whether we like it or not. Want to integrate in Outlook rather than using iCal!

1,794 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    61 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Always display the currently highlighted inbox message, rather than a message I just moved to an archive folder

When I move a message to a folder in my archives, the content of that message remains displayed in the reading pane rather than the message currently highlighted in my inbox. Even if I click on that highlighted message, its content is not displayed in the reading pane, why? Every time, I have to click on another message and back on the previously highlighted one to finally see what it contains, which is very tedious.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please provide import / export features similiar as with windows: vcf, csv, pst, xls, ...

Please provide the feature to import / export data in common formats.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix non-standard text selection behavior

Dragging upward while selecting text on the first line of an email does not select all the text to the left of the insertion point. A similar problem exists on the last line of text: dragging downward past the last line does not select text to the right of the insertion point on the last line.

This is not standard behavior for a Mac app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow editing of calendar invitation titles from other people

Previously, when receiving a calendar invite, I could rename the invite so that it was easy for me to quickly see what client was involved with the meeting. Now I am unable to edit the titles, and all of my meetings have similar titles (like GoToMeeting) requiring me to individually click into every calendar invite to see what the real subject of the meeting is.

When contacting support I was told the ability to change calendar invite titles was marked as a "bug" by developers and removed intentionally, but it's made my life miserable to have to constantly open every…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 9,186 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    557 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Help menu with images that look like system

It would be helpful to have an image showing for instance the preference page with clickable links.
    I'm trying to E-mail Address Validation information and the search feature shows thousands of options but not related to that preference

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add the ability to send positive feedback as well 😀

Sometimes we get caught up in what is wrong with the product, but I do like how other Office for Mac products besides Outlook (currently) allow us to define feedback as either positive or negative. Why not give the developers a little support for their hard work, and do the same for Outlook for Mac?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. In Outlook 2016 for Mac, if you forward a meeting invite, the meeting invite/email is not listed in your Sent folder. This should show Sent.

In Outlook 2016 for Mac, if you forward a meeting invite, the meeting invite/email is not listed in your Sent folder.

This should show in the Sent email as proof that the meeting was shared out and record the time it was sent.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please provide Outlook Calendar PC functionaity to Outlook for MAC

On Outlook email ,,, on a PC great ability is to delay any mail from being sent for 2 mins .... often catch errors or late other responses before the mail goes.
    Does not seem capable on Outlook for Mac

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Consistency in hiding passwords

When you trim the length of the hidden password please always trim it and don't initially start showing dots, then go to one dot later.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow user to edit title of calendar appointment after entering it - without double clicking into the appt. MacOS

Allow user to edit title of calendar appointment after entering it - without double clicking into the appt. On MacOS

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sync with corporate Exchange network (like Windows)

Outlook for Mac is still failry useless for Apple/Mac users until it can fully sync with calendars in an Exchange network. Thank goodness for OWA, which provides full functionality. WHEN will MS make Outlook for Mac OS and iOS the same as it does for Windowsusers?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. fix text selection around a space

When you try to highlight text and click on the left side of a space and drag right, the word to the left of the selection point is highlighted as well. That doesn't make sense in most uses: if I am dragging to the left I am looking to work with that text, and if I drag to the right I am looking to work on that side. Using the space as the demarcation doesn't make logical sense. If I were to be starting a rage somewhere within the word, then I can understand the auto-selecting. But if I want…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow to turn off Reminders for individual accounts in Calendar

I sync my Apple Outlook calendar with 3 different accounts. I only want the Reminders application to show me reminders for calendar events on one of them, not the other two. I suggest you add a simple option for each account to allow the user to say whether that calendar's items show up in the Reminders window or not.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base