OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show time zones in meeting requests

When creating a new meeting request, it should show the time zone of meeting time-- or let you pick from a list.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Translation feature

When I receive an email in another language I copy it and go to google translate to read it. If I need to send one I type it in google translate and copy it in Outlook. Please add translation feature out of the box as gmail does.

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Better formatting support

Better formatting support including fonts, additional bullets, numbering etc.

1,132 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    136 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Propose new meeting time

Propose new meeting time

Currently, you are not able to respond to a meeting invite and propose a new time. Very inefficient to have to respond to the meeting as an email and then have the owner resend the invite when you can simply propose a new time.

113 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Skype for Business

Ability to add Skype for Business meeting option in new meeting requests

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support for Outlook.com calendar and contacts

Full support for Outlook.com email, calendar and contacts.

831 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    65 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. gestures

Please could you add Mac swipe gestures i.e: in Mac mail you can swipe right to delete a message and swipe left to archive it etc.

185 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone, we have now release the support for gestures to the Insider Slow ring, however, they only support archive & delete. Please see here for details – https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Outlook-Blog/Insider-Slow-Several-UI-UX-improvements-in-Outlook-for-Mac/ba-p/143547

This will be released to production soon. Please continue to vote on the need for customization, to help us better prioritize our work :)

8. research

To enable the "research items" for all the email accounts at once. It currently does not work ! (you can only research an item one email account at at time)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using Outlook for Mac.

If you are currently using the Insider Fast version or willing to opt in please contact the in-app support team for further assistance. You can contact in-app support by going to the Help tab at the top of your screen> then choose Outlook Help from the drop down menu.

If you are currently Insider Slow, Production, or those words don’t mean anything to you and you’re not sure, please refer to our answers forum by using the following link: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2016-macoutlook/

We look forward to assisting you with your questions in those locations. J

If you have a feature you would like to see added to the app in the future please let us know.

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: We…

9. Add highlight option in MAC 2016 when searching emails

As opposed to windows feature, which allows the ability to automatically highlight keywords matching the search criteria, can we also add this function in mac outlook office 2016? The highlight feature comes in hand for weary eye like myself.

Thanks

273 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I suggest you fix "filter for unread messages.

I suggest you fix "filter for unread messages. If I read messages, un-filter and then filter again, the read messages still appear mixed in with the unread ones

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using Outlook for Mac.

If you are currently using the Insider Fast version or willing to opt in please contact the in-app support team for further assistance. You can contact in-app support by going to the Help tab at the top of your screen> then choose Outlook Help from the drop down menu.

If you are currently Insider Slow, Production, or those words don’t mean anything to you and you’re not sure, please refer to our answers forum by using the following link: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2016-macoutlook/

If you have a feature you would like to see added to the app in the future please let us know.

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

11. Avoid crashing EVERY SINGLE NIGHT!

I usually don't log out when I leave for the day; I just lock my screen. EVERY MORNING, OUTLOOK HAS CRASHED!

What happened to the great email client from the 90s? This is a pile of poo.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

All the best
    The Outlook Mobile Team

12. OS X Native Fullscreen Support

The Outlook Mac app doesn't support 'Fullscreen' mode on Mac. It'd be great if I can make the Outlook window go fullscreen.

348 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Select email signature for meeting request or appointment

When creating a meeting request or an appointment in Outlook on Windows, the program allows a user to select the which email signature to insert into the message via a ribbon button.

Please provide the same functionality in Outlook for Mac

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow us to turn off calendar notifications only

I have a different calendar app that I use primarily. It also has Mac desktop notifications. I would like to keep my Outlook email notifications popping up, but I would prefer to shut off the Outlook calendar notifications. It currently seems like it's all or nothing if I want to shut the desktop notifications.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Full Support for Groups

Full support for Groups in 365

394 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    38 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please bring focused inbox to the Mac

This feature alone has made me a convert to the iOS app. It's so great. Please bring it to the Mac. It would also be nice if the preferences "learned" by the iOS app synced to the desktop through your Office account, and vice versa.

120 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to replace Delete Button with Archive

The use of the Archive pattern (as opposed to deleting mail) has become increasingly popular. I'd love to see the ability to replace the existing "Delete" button with an "Archive" button that simply moves the message to a user-defined folder.

140 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add "Out Of Office" functiona

Add "Out Of Office" function and allow to compose mails with tables.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support SVG graphics in signatures and e-mail bodies

Please support the use of SVG graphics (for logos) in e-mail signatures and message bodies. This kinda works now, in that the recipient will get the e-mail with the embedded SVG, but while composing in Outlook you get a broken image symbol. Ideally we could use inline SVG so that a logo can be embedded in a signature without the message requiring an attachment.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow setting to view sender's email address

I want to be able to view the sender's email address not just the name. You can toggle this feature in Apple Mail.

153 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base