OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable the Quick Access Toolbar

I would like to see customizable Quick Access Toolbar in Outlook 2016 for Mac like the one we have in 2013 for Windows. ( in the trial version of 2016 for Mac, I see a very truncated version above the ribbon). I use the QAT for all of my most frequently-used commands so that I don't have to switch back and forth among different tabs. Send Mail and Text Color, for example, are all on one easy-to-use bar.

598 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  47 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Web calendar

Would like to have the ability to add external, web (.ICS) calendars in Outlook calendar. For example, I use TripIt as one of my calendars, they provide a webcal/caldav link that would allow me to see my travel calendar from Outlook (this is supported in the PC version) but 2016 still does not support that. Please consider it, it is not very hard but makes life SO much easier.

1,025 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  41 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to import and export .mbox format (Apple Mail)

Support importing from and exporting to Apple Mail - .mbox mailboxes

169 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow users of Office 2011/2016 in Mac to set customer reminders for calendar

I am a user of Outlook on Windows for 15 years and on MacOS for 5 years. There is a feature for calendar reminders on Windows which is not available on Mac version and I would like to request it be introduced in a future upgrade (sooner the better)

I have tested this functionality and confirmed it is available on Windows Outlook 2007-2010-2013-2016 but it is not available on Office for Mac either 2011 or 2016.

When I create a new calendar entry and go to set a reminder, I get the same arbitrary list of reminder times on both…

288 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Open another user's calendar

Ability to see side by side calendars of other users without them having to give me permission or making me a delegate.

1,259 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  53 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. PGP encryption and decryption of emails

At my organization, I receive a ton of sensitive emails that are all encrypted with PGP. It would be fantastic if we could use PGP public/private keys for encryption and signing, in addition to the S/MIME-based stuff that we already have.

Right now, having to open all my PGP mail in another application is the only thing keeping me from being able to switch entirely to Outlook.

230 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  12 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. bring back outbox

Please make it easier to delete outgoing messages that get stuck. It would also help identify problem emails before someone calls you two days later and says "did you ever send me..."

428 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  26 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I suggest you make a copy/paste function available for attachments from emails. This is a huge deal for many of us.

Making copy/paste function available so that attachments can be copied/pasted in this function rather than dragging each one of them. This gets very tasky when you are picking multiple attachments out of several different emails and dragging to 1 new email.

377 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Restore AppleScript support for third party apps

Because of the current implementation of sandboxing, third party apps can no longer interact with Outlook (I'm thinking about SpamSieve, but it applies to a number of apps).
    There are ways around that and I would love the future versions of Outlook to allow AppleScript from third party apps again.

733 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  67 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. After deleting an email, jump to next unread email

I prefer having new emails on top. Currently after deleting an email, the next highlighted email is the one I previously read (next in line, below the deleted email). There should be an option to move to the next unread email instead. It would be easier to read through emails beginning with the oldest unread email (lowest of the highlighted unread emails), and delete through the list, and move UPwards.

556 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  30 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sorting Tasks by Reminder Time

In Outlook on Windows (2007 and 2016 and I believe also 2010, 2013 but I am less familiar with those versions), you are able to sort tasks by Reminder Time.

However on the Mac 2011 and 2016 versions this does not appear to be possible. You can sort by the fact that they do / don't have a reminder but not by the time of the reminder

I user the reminder time to assist doing the tasks in the order I have set them out and getting a view of what is next and what is coming up for rest…

151 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add Retention Policy message and options

In Windows you can see the corporate Retention Policy if you have one configured. If an organization creates additional policy which may also have different retention time periods associated with them, in Outlook for Windows, you can right-click on the email and choose which retention policy you would like to associate with that email.

For record keeping purposes, which is a legal matter, a huge benefit for the Outlook for Mac client would be to show the Retention policy on each email and have the ability to choose a different Retention policy by right-click on the email in the inbox…

370 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  27 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow to scroll the calendar (month view) using the mouse wheel

Like in Outlook for PC or Apple Calendar it is possible to gradually scroll through time by just using the mouse-scroll-wheel.
    On the Outlook Mac version you can only jump back and forth month by month and only via the buttons in the upper left corner.

519 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  31 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Find related messages

It helps provide context for a given conversation or to look up other conversations from a given sender.

293 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  35 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Automatically suggest potential meeting time slots that all attendees can make

Old title - Add the ability to suggest a new time for a conference.

211 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Improve Rules

Create & fully manage rules from Mac Outlook

220 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  38 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Recover Deleted Items Support

Add support to access the recoverable items area of the mailbox - e.g. to be able to right-click on Deleted Items and select "Recover Deleted items". This would allow users to display the Recoverable Items dialog and undelete items that were deleted in error, just like in Outlook for Windows.

207 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  20 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Flatten the UI to match OSX

The current OSX verison of Outlook still feels like the previous version on the UI front with the icons and buttons inside the app. I would suggest using a similar set of icons that the Windows version uses and give it a flatter look at better alines with OSX.

Additionally improve the notification box UI so that it is flatter, and an overall cleaner look.

84 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Improve the contact card

It takes too many clicks to see relavant information for a given contact, improve this!

122 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  7 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Automatic setup of email accounts and general settings via configuration profile or script

In large Enterprises, the ability to deploy and configure applications silently and automatically for users is a key requirement for managing large fleets of Macs. Having the ability to set defaults via script or configuration profile and configure a user's email account automatically through the use of an MDM/Management System is imperative.

161 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base