OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help Menu.

If you are using the New Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:  

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customize ribbon

Provide an ability to customize the ribbon, like moving features around. I wanted to move the SEND button farther to the right but can't.

1,433 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    62 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow us to Customize the RIBBON and Quick Access Toolbar

Reorganize your ribbon so that functions are grouped together, OR better yet, allow users to customize their ribbons and quick access toolbars for their own needs as users on a Windows platform can!

506 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. For online live lessons during the pandemic using Teams, please can we have option to see all faces/students' work in a class like with Zoom

For online live lessons during the pandemic using Teams, please can we have the option to see all faces/students' work in a class like with Zoom. This would bring the online live lessons closer to face-to-face lessons and help with assessment and maintaining class community.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow users to turn OFF "Select Entire Word"

I often need to precisely select and copy text out of emails, but unlike MS Word, there does not appear to be an option in Outlook to turn off the "Select Entire Word" functionality. As a result, I have to copy chunks of text from Outlook, paste them into a text editing application and then select exactly the characters I need, or I'm forced to spend extra time deleting the extra characters from whatever application I have pasted them in. This is extremely frustrating behavior for some of us and shouldn't be forced on the users with no option to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. all features available for PC should be available for Mac, #we_have_paid

it is NOT acceptable to have missing features and apps missing in Office 365 for Mac. #wehavepaid

3,528 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    48 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow ability to see Calendar (or tasks, etc.) on right sidebar while working in mail

Allow ability to see Calendar (or tasks, etc.) on right sidebar while working in mail. This was previously very helpful in past Windows versions

572 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add scripting access groups for AppleScript

This is needed so sandboxed apps can use script Outlook with AppleScript. According to Apple, it's not a lot of work to implement this:

> For scriptable app developers, implementing support for access groups is relatively trivial, and requires making minor annotations in their app’s scripting definition (sdef) file. - https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/qa/qa1888/index.html#//appleref/doc/uid/DTS40015156-CH1-SANDBOXINGOSXAPPS__INCLUDINGSCRIPTABLEAPPSANDAPPLESCRIPTAPPS-ABOUTAPPLEEVENTSTEMPORARYEXCEPTION_ENTITLEMENTS

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Use the preferences menu in outlook for Mac.

Mac Users will expect almost all of their settings options to be accessible from the preferences pane. But you have settings scattered and hidden all over the place. Trying to change your profile photo is insanely difficult. Just put all of that stuff in preferences, please. That is the expected way for mac apps.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make the Windows desktop "Outlook Today" view available as a default (preconfigured) view macOS Outlook desktop and Outlook365.

The "Outlook Today" view available on Windows 10 Outlook desktop is the best view for someone who needs to stay on top of the day's scheduled meetings and tasks (organized by due date) that require work but don't warrant a meeting or appointment. The only thing I'm seeing in the email is the number of unread items -- no subjects or "froms" displayed to distract me.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. inboxes, reading pane, and calendar feel cramped in the new outlook

Reduce the space between different sections so more relevant information can be on screen at one time

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. New Outlook does not support window tiles on 1080p

The new outlook does not support tiling two main windows on a 1080p monitor, presumably because the window minimum size is too large. This is very unfortunate because I like to have a full email window and a full calendar window side by side on a maximized secondary monitor. Please fix!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Reach out to customers and focus development on useful features instead of things like "rounded corners," etc.

I have.used Outlook probably since the first release. Always fought using anything else. Moved to Mac a few months ago. Your product for Mac is horrible. Can't have more than one calendar via IMAP, new release eliminates ability to use folders. This app, along with all other MSFT apps won't autosave anywhere but OneDrive. It's horrible. As a long time user and big fan, I am now likely going to have to move to something else. And your big announcement of the new version of Outlook... Not about helping the user productivity in any way. Just changing the look? What…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The new Outlook interface is bland and ******* the eyes

Make the distinction between read and unread e-mails absolutely clear. It helps to have flagged e-mails in a tan shade so they now stand out. For unread e-mails, make the whole box black with reversed type so it's unmistakable they're not yet read. Once they're read, make the text not as bold in the inbox pane, like it used to be. With the new change, the only difference between read and unread e-mails is that the subject line is in blue. Also, the top menu is so light and faint and the spacing makes each item blend into the next.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make it possible to change/add/remove buttons in the menu in the top.

Make it possible to switch places on/add/remove the different option buttons (read/unread, in the menu

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Fix random highlighting that happens in Word after spell check is done

I was spell checking a paper on my MacBook Pro in Microsoft Word 365 I was writing for class and then after spell check was finished and I clicked OK, there was highlighting/shading on my text, and I tried erasing the formatting and hitting no color on shading and that did and hitting no color on highlighting and the highlighting would not disappear and I ended up contacting support and the rep suggested I redownloading my Google doc to Microsoft word and then spell check and see what happens and thankfully on the second time through it didn't highlight the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add 'Go Back' navigation option.

When the back button is pressed on a mouse, you jump to the previous window or email etc.

example: from a selected email message you click calendar. upon pressing the mouse back button or '⌘+[', you return to the previous email.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bring the SSO login pop-up to front automatically

The current SSO login pop-up often is not brought to the front automatically, and is therefore hidden. The consequence of this is that emails go unchecked for long periods of time. A better UI for this would be much appreciated.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. "RULES" need for Outlook Export/Import functions for Mac Users

When we have existing IMAP rules = to be able to Move/Drag & Drop or/ Export them individually or better: globally into EXCHANGE rule panel in a whatever you want .rwz extension file...

... as this link is a legend : https://support.office.com/en-us/article/import-or-export-a-set-of-rules-f54b5bd2-40e0-426e-9f25-e51fa14eeb95

... even with a mature OUTLOOK 16.37 (20040801) mac user ! : /

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add to Calendar

When an incoming email contains a date or time reference in the body or subject, it would be great to click on the date and choose to add the event into the Calendar module. Apple's Mail programme does this adding events into the Calendar App.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 40 41
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories