OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help Menu.

If you are using the New Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:  

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable date format to be set independently of language or region

I suggest you enable a user to set all dates, including on calendar, to allow for YYYYMMDD, which is the ISO date format. See https://www.is

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. full

I receive this message too often: hard disk full mail outlook 365 mac 150mb full error message

and my outlook shuts down.
    My laptop is not full , so could you help

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow users to disconnect completely Office 2016 for Mac from access the internet

When a Mac connect to internet via proxy, Keberos authentication refuse to accept valid proxy credential.

To be able to turn off Template downloading is also fine.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When a message is read or acknowledged on outlook for mac; the outlook for ios alert will go away on phone. Very similar to imessages work.

When a message is read or acknowledged on outlook for mac; the outlook for ios alert will go away on phone. Very similar to how imessages work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I suggest you change the colour of the Outlook for Mac dock icon. It's just too similar to word and is causes me confusion on a faily basis.

It's just too similar to Word's icon and it trips me up every time I switch between apps. Even just a bit more white on either of them would do the trick...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Outlook for Mac 2011 does not delete user account

In Outlook for Mac 2011, it is not available to delete an outdated user account (mailbox). The 'Menu - Service - User Accounts' window comes blank - white rectangle - and 'Menu - Outlook - Parameters' does not show the user accounts, the window of user accounts comes empty. It is possible to select 'Delete user account' but clicking on button 'Delete' I see no result - account still present. Please fix this behaviour, thank you - Sergey Antipov, sergey_antipov@hotmail.com

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Don't cover the "do you want to save" message

Outlook needs to ensure the "Are you sure" type messages are in front. Specifically, if you have a draft email that you minimized and autoupdate tries to close Outlook, the message about do you want to save the draft gets hidden because, for some reason, the draft message pops up in front of the alert window. When this happens it is impossible to close Outlook forcing you to force quit the app. Unfortunately the alert doesn't appear in the list of windows so you can't go to the menu bar, Window and find it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make a "What's New" window that isn't blank! if there's nothing new to show, then the window should not be shown!

Make a "What's New" window that isn't blank! if there's nothing new to show, then the window should not be shown!

It is unclear why a window should show a spinning "please wait" indicator for over 10 seconds… it certainly indicates a problem. However, what's worse is that the window is modal, meaning I cannot use Outlook until I click on the "Continue" button. So really, I don't know why I am continuing!

I think UI designers need to be a lot more careful in how to implement controls! This is yet another example of careless design, and it is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I suggest you fix the big problem that outlook hangs with the beach ball symbol a lot.

I suggest you fix the big problem that outlook hangs with the beach ball symbol a lot.

I cannot do anything while doing it.
    Learn how the Mac IO System works properly and implemented it this app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Bring the SSO login pop-up to front automatically

The current SSO login pop-up often is not brought to the front automatically, and is therefore hidden. The consequence of this is that emails go unchecked for long periods of time. A better UI for this would be much appreciated.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow users to turn OFF "Select Entire Word"

I often need to precisely select and copy text out of emails, but unlike MS Word, there does not appear to be an option in Outlook to turn off the "Select Entire Word" functionality. As a result, I have to copy chunks of text from Outlook, paste them into a text editing application and then select exactly the characters I need, or I'm forced to spend extra time deleting the extra characters from whatever application I have pasted them in. This is extremely frustrating behavior for some of us and shouldn't be forced on the users with no option to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I suggest that you respond to support requests in less than 48 hours.

I suggest that you respond to support requests in less than 48 hours. Still waiting for a reply.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Text field in left navigation side for fast searching folders below

Not for searching mails, but for folders below. When you are typing in the textfield, only the folders who's name beginning with the typed letters stay visible, the other folders disappear. If you have a long list, you can go in a fast way to the folder you need at this way. If you clear the textfield, of course all folders are again available in the navigation screen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I suggest you to include the possibility to postpone the sending of an e-mail also using POP and not only Exchange.

this function became recently available for exchange. please include it also for POP accounts

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. show some sort of progress bar when “Automatically Download and Install” option is enabled. An App icon itself could show this.

Show some sort of progress bar when “Automatically Download and Install” option is enabled. An App icon itself could show this, as it happens with Apps that are updating through Apple's App Store. Otherwise, during updates one is only guessing: "how much longer before I can run my MSO apps?"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Fix non-standard text selection behavior

Dragging upward while selecting text on the first line of an email does not select all the text to the left of the insertion point. A similar problem exists on the last line of text: dragging downward past the last line does not select text to the right of the insertion point on the last line.

This is not standard behavior for a Mac app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base