OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help Menu.

If you are using the New Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:  

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Able to choose public or private sharing option upon attaching the cloud links for “Insert Link” feature.

Be able to attach files using the Smart link feature and choose either to share it to the public or to private individuals. Most of the users use the Smart link feature and sending it to someone outside of the organization.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rating

Please stop nagging for an app rating all the time. I am busy with work and it makes me want to give a 1 star rating.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I need to highlight the WHOLE subject bar w/ category colors. The little block at the right is a joke & does not help.

please give the option of highlighting the entire subject box with category colors. the little block at the right does not help when organizing.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Open all previouly open message windows on restart.

When closing Outlook and restarting it, only main windows get restored. Please add the ability to reopen all previously open message windows too.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. integrate Apple CryptoToken Kit for SMIME/PKI

Integration of Apple CryptoToken Kit to be able to use SMIME/PKI functionality for Mail En- / decryption.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. copy and paste - mails + calender

Please and the Feature to Outlook for Mac (This Functions are working in Outlook APP Windows)

Copy Mail (example to draft folder)
    Copy Calendar (example to appointment)
    Copy Contacts (V-Card)

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Transfer 'Auto Correct' preferences from one 365 account to another 365 account

Changing 365 accounts? how can we transfer our saved Autocorrects from one account to the other?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Stop using ESC button to switch app from full screen mode to window mode . It's irritating!

Stop using ESC button to switch app from full screen mode to window mode . It's irritating!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add a function to allow buttons to be added to the ribbon

Add a function to allow buttons to be added to the ribbon

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add another sound set other than "Default" on Mac

On Mac you cannot really do any customization of sounds other than toggle them off or on. There is only the "Default" sound set on the sound set drop-down.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Visio for Mac

Why can't we have Visio for Mac, as we do for PCs? In fact, why can't we have exactly the same software functionality for a Mac as we do for PCs in general? But my main ask is for Visio!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow users to define the "Theme Fonts" for Outlook emails and calendar items.

The preferences in Outlook allow a user to set default fonts when creating items, but this only applies to the first text entered in the message box. If the text insertion point is placed elsewhere, the text will be in the "Theme Font" that is listed in the font selection drop down box. This "Theme Font" is Calibri, and presently there is no way to change this "Theme Font". The result is messages done in multiple fonts, or constantly having to change stuff from the "Theme Font" to whatever the user prefers.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Scheduling Assistant

While scheduling assistant allows you to select "Show Work Hours" when Work Days are made in Outlook preferences, it would be great to reflect the work days as well when using Scheduling assistant. For eg. If M-F are set as my work days, I should only see those days in scheduling assistant and not Saturday and Sunday;

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. For Mac Outlooks that are slow to connect to the Exchange Online (>= 3 to 5 mins), provide illustration of settings needed to improve.

The article at https://support.office.com/en-us/article/advanced-exchange-account-settings-for-outlook-for-mac-22af6b87-a090-4476-8e34-6e3c5fd619ad?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US describes fields available to configure the account, but there are no examples of the field entries that could serve to make this easier to determine.

For instance, for a Mac working inside a Windows AD domain, how would the entry for "Directory Service Server" (Also known as an LDAP server. Enter the name of the server that is provided by your system administrator. This server address is commonly the same address as your Microsoft Exchange Server address, but this is not always true.)... How would this be formatted in the field? IP address, \servername, server.domain.local, etc.?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Support import and export of both local and server based rules

Be able to export and import of local and server rules for outlook. There is a general import export which could be enhanced to allow this. It would be very helpful for profile clean-up This way one could separate the good stuff, then drop the junk and import the good stuff again in a refreshed profile.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When open a email window through clicking the notification, I hope it can go back to my previous app when I close the email window

When open a email window through clicking the notification, I hope that it can go back to my previous app or window when I close the email window

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Preferred the previous style of Outlook, new format looks plain and child like, not easy on the eyes. Classic look preferred.

Preferred the previous style of Outlook, new format looks plain and child like, not easy on the eyes. Classic look preferred.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. View Calendar when in Mail view

In older (possibly non-Mac) versions of Outlook I was able to view my calendar on the right side of the Outlook window, while I was also reviewing my email. I haven't been able to find a way to add the calendar to this view. It's helpful to be able to keep an eye on upcoming meetings while reviewing email, without having to switch to the calendar view.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow Inactive Office365 accounts in Outlook for Mac

We work with a number of clients and have several Office365 accounts. When I am no longer active on a client, the Office365 account for that client gets disabled. Outlook then pops up the update password panel each time I open Outlook. It looks like the only option I have is to delete the account, but I need to keep the emails for reference and retention purposes. It would be great if there was an account preference to set the Account to Inactive so that Outlook no longer attempts to update anything (email and calendar) on the Account.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Icons version 16.20 for Mac

The new icons are very very very ugly. That pure white over light gray is unappealing and they are all so similar that I need a few seconds of thinking and reading what they are before I can press them.

PS: How sneaky is it that I have to agree to be bombarded with stuff to submit my feedback?

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base