OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dark mode without Mojave requirement

Please implement Dark Mode in every supported macOS (10.12, 10.13), not just Mojave (10.14).
    Thank you.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. icons

I want to Change size on the icons in ribbon bar. (Tiny, Small, normal)
    It takes up to much space, when you want to work "minimized"
    Add buttons inside the mail header for the most common tasks.
    Reading a mail: Reply, Reply all, Forward, Delete

New mail: Put in icons in "Window top bar, beside the icons for Save and Printer: Send

In this way, you can work much more focused, without showing the Ribbon bar.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Icons version 16.20 for Mac

The new icons are very very very ugly. That pure white over light gray is unappealing and they are all so similar that I need a few seconds of thinking and reading what they are before I can press them.

PS: How sneaky is it that I have to agree to be bombarded with stuff to submit my feedback?

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please add the option to have multiple tabs at the top of the Add-In window in Outlook for Mac. So it will be easier to switch between diffe

Please add the option to have multiple tabs at the top of the Add-In window in Outlook for Mac. So it will be easier to switch between different add-ins in the same sidebar.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Save External Files into MSOutlook Folders.

Save files related to projects inside MS-Outlook Folders. Currently, files must be attached in email messages.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Any chance you can offer a higher contrast theme (not Dark Mode) for Outlook on the Mac to increase the scannability of the ibnbox?

I love using Outlook on the Mac, however find the scannability pretty sub-par in that I have to really focus when I'm working in the app. Some minor tweaks in contrast, as well as increased whitespace in email headers would be a BIG help to make using the app faster and would place less load on me while I work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Dark Mode for Non-Subscription Licenses

Please extend Dark Mode Support to all license types. Thank you!

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In contacts and in categories, from outlook for mac 2011 to 2016, there seems to be a limit in the number of categories now! Help!

I use contacts for my database and categories is extremely useful but ever since I upgraded from outlook for mac 2011 to 2016, there seems to be a limit in the number of categories now! Help! When you click on categorize, the ball spins for 30 seconds and when you use the slider to go to bottom of list, it does not go all the way. I discovered if you right click one of the categories in the contact itself you can see all and go to bottom. And you cannot search through categories now by typing in a few…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Scheduling Assistant

While scheduling assistant allows you to select "Show Work Hours" when Work Days are made in Outlook preferences, it would be great to reflect the work days as well when using Scheduling assistant. For eg. If M-F are set as my work days, I should only see those days in scheduling assistant and not Saturday and Sunday;

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add Visio for Mac

Why can't we have Visio for Mac, as we do for PCs? In fact, why can't we have exactly the same software functionality for a Mac as we do for PCs in general? But my main ask is for Visio!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Offer customize page options

Give users the ability to change a background or to personalize their page.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Seems latest version of Outlook is not meant for Mac!

So many useful features (recalling message, importing holidays) are not available in latest Outlook for Mac, it's disappointing! Basically MS is sending a message for NOT to use Outlook in Mac (particularly for corporate users)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Start Outlook minimized on boot

When I reboot my Mac, the Outlook window pops up so I have to close it every time I open my Mac. It would be useful to add an option so it can start minimized (like it does when I close the window) every time the app is launched

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Title Bar Shortcuts

allow adding/management of shortcut buttons in the window title bar (where the save, undo, redo, & print icons are next to the toggle buttons)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. View Calendar when in Mail view

In older (possibly non-Mac) versions of Outlook I was able to view my calendar on the right side of the Outlook window, while I was also reviewing my email. I haven't been able to find a way to add the calendar to this view. It's helpful to be able to keep an eye on upcoming meetings while reviewing email, without having to switch to the calendar view.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Enable check-box selection of multiple categories at the same time. Avoid looping click sequence to add multiple categories.

Categories are an excellent feature as an alternative to layered folders and duplicated emails where the mails discusses multiple projects/subjects. Using it this way leads often to a requirement to assign multiple categories to a single email. Currently this requires looping through the category assignment multiple times. It would be ideal to be able to assign multiple categories in a single step using the current category menu with a check-box selection feature to compliment the current 'point and click'. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Include "Email from Template" under the "New Items" button on the ribbon

In the Ribbon, under the “New Items” button, there are options for Email, Appointment, etc. The same options are in the File Menu -> New. However, the File Menu -> New has 1 additional option: Email from Template.

Please add “Email from Template” to the “New Items” button in the Ribbon. See attached screenshot

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow users to define the "Theme Fonts" for Outlook emails and calendar items.

The preferences in Outlook allow a user to set default fonts when creating items, but this only applies to the first text entered in the message box. If the text insertion point is placed elsewhere, the text will be in the "Theme Font" that is listed in the font selection drop down box. This "Theme Font" is Calibri, and presently there is no way to change this "Theme Font". The result is messages done in multiple fonts, or constantly having to change stuff from the "Theme Font" to whatever the user prefers.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Quick Steps

Quick Steps are a great productivity feature in Outlook on Windows. Please bring it to Outlook for Mac :)

439 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base